Lets hear some Key West experiences

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I love it down there, and would move there in a heart beat if it weren't so expensive.

Got approached by a panhandler there once, who told me he needed money for shoes. I pointed to my shoes (which looked worse than his) and offered to trade him, but he declined.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
010220bl.jpg

beachsimpleplan.gif

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
don't worry about the gays they're not gonna bother you. try a few of the gay bars they are a riot. lots of drinkin and strip clubs(duval crawl) personally been there and done that!! if i were to go back, i'd probably gourge myself on the seafood and take a trip out to fort jefferson again, just beautiful! being a native myself(5th generation conch), i have to remind everyone that the gays all came from elsewhere(maybe your town?), key west has not always been that way, with that said, they did bring alot of culture to the town and are mostly responsible for how popular and prosperous the island is today. 8 years ago i decided that there were to many people in too small a place(2 miles by 4 miles) for me so i moved to the sticks. am i crazy? maybe but i don't miss it. maybe some day i'll go back for a visit.

king nothing

Established Member
I love it down there, and would move there in a heart beat if it weren't so expensive.

Got approached by a panhandler there once, who told me he needed money for shoes. I pointed to my shoes (which looked worse than his) and offered to trade him, but he declined.
I used to live there. Id never live there again but I would visit. theres definitely a seedy side the tourists dont see

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
I haven't been to Key West since 1997, and I was only there for a day (one of the stops on a cruise) so I don't remember much. I would love to go back though. Anyway, have fun OP! :beer:

spike_africa

Established Member
If you want good fishing you need to stop in and fish in Islamorada. Thats where the real fishing takes place.

I am born and raised in Islamorada,FL. I'm a keys kid. And key west is way over rated for anything other then Fantasy Fest, which I highly recommend if you like to party. I was security for it a few years in a row because my "Aunt" Tony is one of the 2 originators of the parade.

Users who are viewing this thread