Let the winter modifications begin

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
so i slowly started receiving my winter mods, got my afs replica rims, h&r race springs, new tires, and just today ordered a spec stage 3 clutch, subframe connectors, fuel mods all for the 2.8lc mammoth kenne bell i ordered last night!!!!

now the waits killing me. 7-10 days i was told. anyone else using this blower. ill be running 20 lbs of boost. god i cant wait!!!!!!

CrispyBacon

Established Member
Yeah I ordered my TVS on black Friday. Now I'm waiting for them to finish GEN II production so it can be shipped.... I feel your pain!!

03' White Snake

Established Member
Nice set of mods you have. I'm running the 2.8h non mammoth and non LC at 19.8 psi and I made 602. You will be happy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice set of mods and you're gonna have a blast come Spring and Summer. I can definitely imagine how tough it is to have to wait for the install.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
im hoping to have more in the 650 range

Nice I'm evolved in my own little build I just started also, I'll be interested in how yours turns out

Good luck

I went with the 3.4 Whipple non crusher, please keep us informed

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sound like fun op! What kind of fuel are you running with 20 psi? If it's 93 octane you might want to throw some torco in there!

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
yeah its 93 octane, my tuner said 20bs is the most i can go using 93, i dont wanna do e85, hard to come by on long island. he said my long tubes are helping me go with the 20lbs. dumb question but whats torco?>\

Blueline

Established Member
Torco is an octane booster. My tuner recommends it after 18lbs. on 93 octane for added insurance, in case of bad gas etc. Congrats on your mods!!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
My tuner will only tune 17-18 psi on 92-93 octane. 20 psi in my opinion is pushing it. Better use torco for a safety measure.

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
thanks for the congratulations on my mods guy but now your having me double think everything, like if 20lbs of boost to much

is toro bad for the car. which one is the right one to buy and how much should you add. what are meth kits?

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
so i slowly started receiving my winter mods, got my afs replica rims, h&r race springs, new tires, and just today ordered a spec stage 3 clutch, subframe connectors, fuel mods all for the 2.8lc mammoth kenne bell i ordered last night!!!!

now the waits killing me. 7-10 days i was told. anyone else using this blower. ill be running 20 lbs of boost. god i cant wait!!!!!!

Hopefully you ordered the 3+ clutch. I have the 3 with a Spec flywheel and although it holds power fine it chatters a little and is a bitch to drive in traffic.

We had our 2nd child 2 weeks ago and I have not even had time to go and even look at the car much less do anything to it. Hopefully now that the holidays are over and we are about to go back to work I will get in my old routine and give the Cobro some much needed love.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
thanks for the congratulations on my mods guy but now your having me double think everything, like if 20lbs of boost to much

is toro bad for the car. which one is the right one to buy and how much should you add. what are meth kits?

Plenty of cobra guys have used torco with great results. Do a search on it and you should find quite a bit of useful info on how much to use per tank.

03' White Snake

Established Member
My tuner was telling me he uses 8 oz of Torco to every tank. Its $250 per 5 gallons. So it costs about an extra $5-$10 a tank he said. It raises the octane to 98 I believe he said. Its good for an additional 20-50 rwhp.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Op if you don't want to try the torco just put a bigger pulley on there to drop the boost by 1-2.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^^ Just temporary. Just temporary. You'll eventually reach your 650 goal. :thumbsup:

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
just curious, i ordered the pulley for 20lbs of boost, however i have kooks 1 7/8 long tubes off road x pipe. would it still be doable, wouldnt the boost drop some? just curious

Users who are viewing this thread