Let’s Argue: Cheapest Way to Go Fast With Modern Amenities (2010+)

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
i want to hear more about this budget LSA swap for only $3,000. I think you are understating and oversimplifying things. Forced induction + fuel system and supporting mods on a factory NA motor is not a cheap thing to do. It cost over $4,000 to do a lowly eaton swap on a 2v.

as far as the OP there is nothing cheaper and faster on the market than early coyote S197s which have gotten into the mid teens. Mid 12s on factory paper filter and 11s with simple bolt ons.

Complete kit just needs belt, hoses and vacuum lines. You can piece these setups together from takeoffs from cts v, Zl1 cars and save a few dollars.

GM TRUCK (DBWThrottle Body) REMAN LSA SUPERCHARGER | BoostDistrict

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Complete kit just needs belt, hoses and vacuum lines. You can piece these setups together from takeoffs from cts v, Zl1 cars and save a few dollars.

GM TRUCK (DBWThrottle Body) REMAN LSA SUPERCHARGER | BoostDistrict

thats a $4,000 "kit" thats missing several parts, can you even get 600rwhp on a stock 5.3 fuel pump? boost a pump module is another $250 and all the other various lines, fittings and hardware in addition to exhaust.

on top of that dyno tuning can run $350/hr, even a simple SCT with a canned tuned is probably like $400ish

realistically you talking about $5,000 worth of parts & tuning, id rather just have a coyote mustang with some warranty still left

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
thats a $4,000 "kit" thats missing several parts, can you even get 600rwhp on a stock 5.3 fuel pump? boost a pump module is another $250 and all the other various lines, fittings and hardware in addition to exhaust.

on top of that dyno tuning can run $350/hr, even a simple SCT with a canned tuned is probably like $400ish

realistically you talking about $5,000 worth of parts & tuning, id rather just have a coyote mustang with some warranty still left

You a damn fool if you dyno that setup. The trucks Ive seen were street tuned by local guys for free, the guys pieced it together over time and did their own install. Exhaust? Run a pipe off the headers and dump it. As far as how well they ran...well they were busting asses left and right.

Let me see you do a HD/Lowes run in a mustang and tell me how that went

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Bad ass. Id like to add one of those kits to wife's 6.0 Suburban.

Before some illegal immigrants stole it. I had a 2013 silverado that i was going to have swapped. Its a hell of a setup for a good bang per buck. Im trying to push 03Sssnake to doing his Tahoe.

Users who are viewing this thread