Let’s Argue: Cheapest Way to Go Fast With Modern Amenities (2010+)

Kiohtee

Established Member
I designate 2010 as that seems to be, from memory, about the time when most manufacturers started offering heated leather, Bluetooth and/or GPS as sometimes standard or low cost OEM options. Plus a car from 2010 obviously won't look as dated as a car from the 90's or early-to-mid 00's and is probably a bit safer and in general a better bang for your buck. It also eliminates clapped out Fox cars with LS-based motors. Lol

But seriously; I think it goes without saying that I'm a little biased in my thinking, but I do strongly believe that a 2011-2017 Mustang GT, specifically with a 6R80, is the best bang for your buck platform on the market currently.

What's your opinion?

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
IMO you cant beat the reg cab GM pickups which can be had for dirt cheap and respond like beasts to HCI, bolt ons or FI work. The coyote F150s are great too, but need FI to compete whereas the GM twins can be left N/A.

Kiohtee

Established Member
IMO you cant beat the reg cab GM pickups which can be had for dirt cheap and respond like beasts to HCI, bolt ons or FI work. The coyote F150s are great too, but need FI to compete whereas the GM twins can be left N/A.

You'll be hard pressed to defend that stance. I don't think any truck holds weight in the best bang for buck segment, and apparently others agree. Lol

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Used trucks around here sell like they are made of solid gold. Audi A7s and BMW's around here go cheap used, just bank some cash for repairs.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
You'll be hard pressed to defend that stance. I don't think any truck holds weight in the best bang for buck segment, and apparently others agree. Lol

Yeah the Houston boys may disagree with yall on that one. The reg cab twins weigh about as much as a hellcat and can be brought up to power levels on the cheap and they are a dime a dozen down here

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
2010+ is 1LT C6's and 11-14 GT's. Both can be had for under $20k with low mileage. S550's are a few bucks more but close. 5th Gen Camaros are fat pigs that are slow.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Im assuming you mean that can be modified on the cheap

Overall. Current cost of the vehicle in today's market (new or used but 2010+, something pretty modern), the cost to modify said vehicle and the cost to reliably maintain the vehicle.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Overall. Current cost of the vehicle in today's market (new or used but 2010+, something pretty modern), the cost to modify said vehicle and the cost to reliably maintain the vehicle.

LS reg cab trucks can be found dirt cheap down here in Texas (6k give or take depending on year and options), cam is diy and Ive seen LS6 pullouts for 200$, TB converter with a higher stall diy 300$, cut the airbox free mod, 4.10s are 300$ plus install. Nitrous works well with that combo also. Fully DD and whatever else you need.

Now on the flipside a coyote/ 6R80 is already faster, but brings in more i initial cost and cost more to mod.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
LS reg cab trucks can be found dirt cheap down here in Texas (6k give or take depending on year and options), cam is diy and Ive seen LS6 pullouts for 200$, TB converter with a higher stall diy 300$, cut the airbox free mod, 4.10s are 300$ plus install. Nitrous works well with that combo also. Fully DD and whatever else you need.

Now on the flipside a coyote/ 6R80 is already faster, but brings in more i initial cost and cost more to mod.

$6k for a 2010+ Silverado?

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I forgot something. You can LSA swap the trucks too. Buy the LSA take offs and they bolt right on using factory components since its factory equipment and boom 600hp. Ive seen the blowers as low as a grand and the complete kits for a couple grand with complete walkthrough on YouTube. Figure 7500 for a decent truck plus 3 grand for a LSA and you got 11grand for a 11sec daily, homedepot, work truck. Bolt some light weight wheels and bust some mustang/camaro ass in your free time

nxhappy

Established Member
The older cars are starting to get more expensive. It's hard to find one that isn't clapped out....I agree the coyote cars are very good power for the money. But for something decent you are going to spend $15k. Couple years ago I should have bought my uncles Foxbody it was all original 100k miles. Most Foxbodys around here are huge piles of shit.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

I would be really tempted to swap my Mustang for a truck.

Sent from my [toilet] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I forgot something. You can LSA swap the trucks too. Buy the LSA take offs and they bolt right on using factory components since its factory equipment and boom 600hp. Ive seen the blowers as low as a grand and the complete kits for a couple grand with complete walkthrough on YouTube. Figure 7500 for a decent truck plus 3 grand for a LSA and you got 11grand for a 11sec daily, homedepot, work truck. Bolt some light weight wheels and bust some mustang/camaro ass in your free time

i want to hear more about this budget LSA swap for only $3,000. I think you are understating and oversimplifying things. Forced induction + fuel system and supporting mods on a factory NA motor is not a cheap thing to do. It cost over $4,000 to do a lowly eaton swap on a 2v.

as far as the OP there is nothing cheaper and faster on the market than early coyote S197s which have gotten into the mid teens. Mid 12s on factory paper filter and 11s with simple bolt ons.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
15-17 Gen 2 Coyotes are pretty beefy for the average guy/gal.

Pump booster and a 300 shot nitrous kit on a Gen 2/ 6R80 and you're ready to party with A LOT of fast cars. At least until the funny gas runs out. Youre only a grand or two for the booster and Nitrous kit. Definitely not the safest route (nitrous backfires are no joke), but the cheapest and quickest thats for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread