LDC Head Cooling Mod

MVM

Established Member
I went to order the LDC Chicago head cooling mod but can find no website for LDC.

I then went to Lethal and saw that they don't carry it either. They do carry the Evenflow cooling mod

Is the LDC mod still being made or have other cooling mods been shown to be better?

Thanks,

Mike

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Ummm...the LDC head cooling mod does not increase coolant pressure.
Nor do any of them.

They ALL do the exact same thing. Like I said, it just matters how you want it to look and how long you want it to stay together.

The LDC is BY FAR the most durable and well put together head cooling mod so far.

It might be harder to put in but good things are never easy...

black01mustang

a new z06 will be mine
Established Member
The passenger side head feeds to the heater core, the LDC mod takes the water from the drivers side head and feeds it to the outlet of the passenger side head. Thus doubling the water that is sent to the heater core.

MVM

Established Member
Guys - Thanks for the info.

The mod, whichever one I choose, is going to go on a virgin, 0 mile (except run in at Ford), 2004 Terminator engine that is sitting on a pallet, separated from the T-56, so I shouldn't have to remove anything as it is easy to work on outside the car.

I got the engine and transmission from Panoz Racing which stopped putting them into their race/street cars. I'm putting it into an AC Cobra replica (kit car) and want to do the right mods before I get the engine into the car and fire it up.

Thanks for all of the knowledge on this site. It's been a goldmine of information for me.

Mike

Alb Cobra

Established Member
My even flow cooling mod is not that unsightly. Really can't even tell it is there there is so much shit crammed back there and it is only 120$. However I did not like the blue hose (small one) it came with, replaced it with a black one. I had the blower off when I installed mine though.

tmkr03

Established Member
Guys - Thanks for the info.

The mod, whichever one I choose, is going to go on a virgin, 0 mile (except run in at Ford), 2004 Terminator engine that is sitting on a pallet, separated from the T-56, so I shouldn't have to remove anything as it is easy to work on outside the car.

I got the engine and transmission from Panoz Racing which stopped putting them into their race/street cars. I'm putting it into an AC Cobra replica (kit car) and want to do the right mods before I get the engine into the car and fire it up.

Thanks for all of the knowledge on this site. It's been a goldmine of information for me.

Mike

I did the LDC last spring. Granted I was able to take them my car and have it done.And if you do not want to see it go with that. Besides you have the motor out anyways. Here is how to get ahold of the guy who did mine.

FORCE FED

Ridin da train!
Established Member
Try the APS kit at stangshiftergaskets.com. It looks really nice with AN fitting and billet alum parts. It needs access to the freeze plugs too...

Alex

Wow... I really like the look of the APS kit! I didn't even think about doing the cooling mod back when I installed the McLeod twin disc and 26 spline input shaft... and really wasn't wanting to pull it all back out just for the cooling mod.:cryying: I really like the looks of the style 2 kit!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread