Lambo owner

16kOrBust

Established Member
Well, I didn't read through four pages of the bench racing that obviously took place in this thread, but if it helps you guys out, I ran "evo connevo" not that long ago and from a 55-60 or so it was pretty close to dead even depending on who got the jump.

I trapped 116 at Englishtown about a month ago with no traction in 1st or 2nd and short shifting to third so I could finish out the runs. I would guess in good temps like I had, he'll trap at least that considering he's AWD and will trap WAY better than I did in the 1/8th that day (86mph 1/8 if that gives you any indication of how bad the first half of my runs were).

That said, I don't know what the Murcielago traps or what year it was, but I'd be psyched just to run into one that wanted to play. Hope you find him again so you can make it happen. Maybe I should do some more of my casual "cruising" out that way, hehe.

Last edited:

evo connevo

Established Member
Thanks for posting up. Ye when the weather gets towards 50 degrees around here it isn't surprising to see some nice cars. They usually pour in from ny too. If you cruise around long enough, you will get some action.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Thanks for posting up. Ye when the weather gets towards 50 degrees around here it isn't surprising to see some nice cars. They usually pour in from ny too. If you cruise around long enough, you will get some action.
I got some action with a surprisingly fast 1991 Nissan SE-R (Sentra) the other day. Granted I put it in the wrong gear not expecting much of a fight from him and still walked him, but he hung in there pretty well. Then we went from proper gears a few times and it didn't go so well for him, but considering the power I make, it was definitely quick. It only weighs like 2400 lbs, hahaha. He had an SR20 and a T25 turbo and I bet he would have kept right with a stock LS1, possibly beat it (hard to tell from our races). Little cars don't need too much to go fast.

Check it out on LS1Tech.com if you'd like.

evo connevo

Established Member
Theres an se-r turbo in the area as well. I've spoken to him and it should be pretty stout. I doubt it is the same car that you encountered though

16kOrBust

Established Member
Theres an se-r turbo in the area as well. I've spoken to him and it should be pretty stout. I doubt it is the same car that you encountered though
The guy I met was from NY, but he had his buddy with him from CT and they hang out in the Hartford area a lot. Supposedly there are some pretty fast cars there that aren't afraid of a 400rwhp Camaro, so hopefulyl I'll get to meet some of them soon. :rockon:

evo connevo

Established Member
That race has an sti that supposedly has 360whp and probably a bigger turbo. Not sure what was done to the lambo. Sti's have shorter gears than evos and we aren't making the same hp and trq either.

Posting a vid of different car with a passenger, different turbo, weight, gearing, hp and trq etc. won't prove that my car will get beaten as bad as that sti did.

IE Evo

Established Member
Evo Connevo just post up link to top gear video of FQ400 against Lambo. U have at least FQ 400 power so I agree u would hang until 120+ mph. Shifting into fifth(turbolag) in Evo sucks and u will get walked coming off boost at that point.

Last edited:

evo connevo

Established Member
I'm thinking the same thing regarding the gearing ie evo.

4:00 to 6:15 has them racing around the track for those that are interested. I realize this isn't from a roll and doesn't have anything to do with trapspeed, but its a decent repost video. For those that care, here it is-

Zan186

Established Member
Going back to the Lambo vs Evo: Lambo's really aren't drag cars. Granted they are quick but they really are ment for the track at high speeds.
I am not as into Lambo's as i am with American cars, but I would assume that most higher end cars will have some mod's too. As for an Evo vs the Lambo, does it matter? Anyone can build a fast car. If it looks like A$$ who cares.

Users who are viewing this thread