Lambo owner

evo connevo

Established Member
Keeping it "interesting" might end really bad since there was too much traffic in the first place.

Yes racing in traffic is dangerous, who doesn't know that? There were too many cars to go side by side so I thought I would stick to his butt for a few seconds since he had a clear lane. It wasn't too conjested, just more than "I" am comfortable with. It never happened and there was no race. Keep nit-picking if you want, I don't see your point.

Anyways, I searched for murcielago dynos and could only find a few ranging from 430-450whp. I believe dragtimes has a dyno also.

Common

Established Member
Yes racing in traffic is dangerous, who doesn't know that? There were too many cars to go side by side so I thought I would stick to his butt for a few seconds since he had a clear lane. It wasn't too conjested, just more than "I" am comfortable with. It never happened and there was no race. Keep nit-picking if you want, I don't see your point.

Anyways, I searched for murcielago dynos and could only find a few ranging from 430-450whp. I believe dragtimes has a dyno also.

I am not trying to nit pick but your posts are just getting dumber as you keep posting.

"you would stick to his butt", really? do you know that tailgating is a 5 point violation?
or what if the guy didn't want to have an "interesting" race in traffic and opted out to slam on his brakes and have your dumbass slam into him?, or atleast to it to the point where you have to swerve out of the way and almost cause another accident?

NE area people are verry agressive and retarded drivers, we both know that, with that in mind, I never "play" with someone I don't know in the conditions you have mentioned. Too much room for error.

Last edited:

evo connevo

Established Member
I am not trying to nit pick but your posts are just getting dumber as you keep posting.

"you would stick to his butt", really? do you know that tailgating is a 5 point violation?
or what if the guy didn't want to have an "interesting" race in traffic and opted out to slam on his brakes and have your dumbass slam into him?, or atleast to it to the point where you have to swerve out of the way and almost cause another accident?

NE area people are verry agressive and retarded drivers, we both know that, with that in mind, I never "play" with someone I don't know in the conditions you have mentioned. Too much room for error.

Yes I know they are aggressive and I never do anything or risk something if I may regret it later. I don't see where my posts get more dumb but you are entitled to your opinion. Everyone has to make their own call and judge the circumstances. Someone will see it one way and some will see it another. If you make a mistake, you learn from it. My "dumbass" has been ok so far though.

Common

Established Member
Yes I know they are aggressive and I never do anything or risk something if I may regret it later. I don't see where my posts get more dumb but you are entitled to your opinion. Everyone has to make their own call and judge the circumstances. Someone will see it one way and some will see it another. If you make a mistake, you learn from it. My "dumbass" has been ok so far though.

Good for you. As soon as you realize that gluing yourself to another man's exotic car bumper in traffic is not a bright idea then you will get even smarter.

Deuuuce

Established Member
Even Veyron had a trap around 142 I think.

I believe you're right. I can't say if they actually launch hard or really just accelerate out of the hole hard w/ AWD. I do not believe it has launch control with a computer controlled clutch dump.

But it is VERY heavy, not very aerodynamic and AWD....

Common

Established Member
I believe you're right. I can't say if they actually launch hard or really just accelerate out of the hole hard w/ AWD. I do not believe it has launch control with a computer controlled clutch dump.

But it is VERY heavy, not very aerodynamic and AWD....

I agree it's heavy but any car that goes 245mph+ is aerodynamic any way you look at it IMO.

I will try to look up if they have some sort of launch control, they must have.

tonydelvalle

4 banger
Established Member
even with a slow 60ft a 125+mph trap should result in a low 11et.my car with a 1.9 60ft on pump gas and low boost (22psi) traps at 128mph,just my .02

Common

Established Member
even with a slow 60ft a 125+mph trap should result in a low 11et.my car with a 1.9 60ft on pump gas and low boost (22psi) traps at 128mph,just my .02

125 will get you high 10s with a great 60 foot, how they run 11.8 is beyong me really. But all the documented traps are from 122 to 126.

Deuuuce

Established Member
I agree it's heavy but any car that goes 245mph+ is aerodynamic any way you look at it IMO.

I will try to look up if they have some sort of launch control, they must have.

251mph+. Actually Gordon Murray, the designer of the McLaren F1 and other race cars pointed out it could hit that speed with 300 LESS hp if it didn't have so many aerodynamic concessions with it's stying. A moot point though, huh?

I believe they don't - WAY too heavy, AWD and too powerful to engineer a clutch dump with reliability. Some cars with launch control even have a limited number programmed into them.

A side note - Heffner's TT Ford GT with an estimated 1,098hp ran a 10.6 @ 152mph on street tires....

bmfgsxr

Established Member
bitch 380 aw hp aint shit, thats barely over stock ****er. the lambo 500aw hp. numbers dont lie people do!

lambo 3600lbs
2002 Lamborghini Murcielago 3.6 12.0
2008 Lamborghini Murcielago LP460 4.0 12.0 (MT Oct '07 Vol. 59, NO. 10)

Murcielago 6.2 L V12 572 bhp (427 kW) 479 ft·lbf (649 N·m) 3.8 sec 9.5 sec 21.4 sec 12.0 sec @116 mph (187 km/h) official: 205 mph (330 km/h)

Murcielago LP640 6.5 L V12 640 bhp (477 kW) 487 ft·lbf (660 N·m) 3.3sec 8.1 sec 16.1 sec 11.8 sec @136 mph (219 km/h) official: 211 mph (340 km/h)
confirmed: 219 mph (352 km/h)

lancer = 3k lbs
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 5.1 13.5
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4.8 13.4
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 4.5 13.3 (MT Dec '05)

its called the internet, maybe you should use it to find factual info

that time you listed for the evo ix would be a high average because there are plenty of cases of the evo ix running 12.9's@106. anyway just as a reference in case you want to see some real factual times.

heres an 11.7 evo ix on stock turbo, motor, no meth on 93 octane and probably in the ballpark of 350awhp.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=254972

here is a guy with an viii with some basic mods certainly not making 350awhp who ran a 12.02

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=288495

here is a rs ix that ran 11.9 with a 1.7 60' with only intake, tbe, and mbc.. id guess he has a ecu flash which isnt nearly as good as a custom tune. he pulled 114mph and is probably pushing close to 330awhp.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=286668

another 11.9@114 with same mods as car above

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=283424

here is an 11.7 @ 116 . he made 321 on a mustang dyno so he is probably in the neighborhood of 360awhp, maybe a little higher.. all depends on how the dyno is calibrated.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=274538

11.9@115, and bone stock he ran 12.9@106

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=186416

just a few examples for you of evo's with less than 380 rwhp, and if you read the ops original post you will see that he didnt say he would beat the lambo, but that he could potentially hold him off down low. and considering that a 380awhp evo should be able to pull high 11's @117ish and if he can launch right he has the power to pull 1.6 60' times i think he would have a good chance. there are some guys who are trapping as high as 119mph with 380whp, but that is on the higher end of the spectrum..
btw, i started typing this before i read the second page where you decided to retract some of your claims. good to see someone admit when they are wrong. :beer:

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
251mph+. Actually Gordon Murray, the designer of the McLaren F1 and other race cars pointed out it could hit that speed with 300 LESS hp if it didn't have so many aerodynamic concessions with it's stying. A moot point though, huh?
I have heard that also.
I believe they don't - WAY too heavy, AWD and too powerful to engineer a clutch dump with reliability. Some cars with launch control even have a limited number programmed into them.

A side note - Heffner's TT Ford GT with an estimated 1,098hp ran a 10.6 @ 152mph on street tires....

Car weighs around 4,200lbs< Lighter than I thought actually.
It's a dual clutch 7 speed DSG, some say it runs 10.2, some say 9.8 at 150.
I would like to believe you need some sort of launch control to run 10s or high 9s with run flat tires that thing comes with.

Deuuuce

Established Member
I have heard that also.

Car weighs around 4,200lbs< Lighter than I thought actually.
It's a dual clutch 7 speed DSG, some say it runs 10.2, some say 9.8 at 150.
I would like to believe you need some sort of launch control to run 10s or high 9s with run flat tires that thing comes with.

I believe a few magazines ran 10s in the 140s. I don't recall anything published quicker/faster than that. The enormous power and traction allows for sub 3-sec 0-60mph runs so it probably does a 60ft in 1.8 or so?

Common

Established Member
I believe a few magazines ran 10s in the 140s. I don't recall anything published quicker/faster than that. The enormous power and traction allows for sub 3-sec 0-60mph runs so it probably does a 60ft in 1.8 or so?

Doesn't say nothing about 60ft!!!

Wiki says that some tested it at 9.8 at 150mph:shrug:

Allegedly that car is a huge financial failure for the company.

evo connevo

Established Member
that time you listed for the evo ix would be a high average because there are plenty of cases of the evo ix running 12.9's@106. anyway just as a reference in case you want to see some real factual times.

heres an 11.7 evo ix on stock turbo, motor, no meth on 93 octane and probably in the ballpark of 350awhp.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=254972

here is a guy with an viii with some basic mods certainly not making 350awhp who ran a 12.02

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=288495

here is a rs ix that ran 11.9 with a 1.7 60' with only intake, tbe, and mbc.. id guess he has a ecu flash which isnt nearly as good as a custom tune. he pulled 114mph and is probably pushing close to 330awhp.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=286668

another 11.9@114 with same mods as car above

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=283424

here is an 11.7 @ 116 . he made 321 on a mustang dyno so he is probably in the neighborhood of 360awhp, maybe a little higher.. all depends on how the dyno is calibrated.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=274538

11.9@115, and bone stock he ran 12.9@106

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=186416

just a few examples for you of evo's with less than 380 rwhp, and if you read the ops original post you will see that he didnt say he would beat the lambo, but that he could potentially hold him off down low. and considering that a 380awhp evo should be able to pull high 11's @117ish and if he can launch right he has the power to pull 1.6 60' times i think he would have a good chance. there are some guys who are trapping as high as 119mph with 380whp, but that is on the higher end of the spectrum..
btw, i started typing this before i read the second page where you decided to retract some of your claims. good to see someone admit when they are wrong. :beer:

I appreciate the time you took to post that stuff up.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread