lakewood traction bars???

323octavio

Established Member
Hey wats up guys i wanted to kno if the lakewood traction bars are a good deal!!!!does anyone have them do they do the job or a least look good on the truck any pics!!!!thanx!!!

323octavio

Established Member
Idk man but you should black those taillights out :]

THAT WAS AN OLD PIC I DO HAVE THEM BLACKED OUT!!
svt.gif

Last edited:

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Lakewoods are fine until you are ove 550 HP. I'm making 541/602 RWHP/TQ and pulling 1.6 60' times on the way to mid 11's in the 1/4 and they are working for me. I'm running stock shocks, FRPP drop and full weight. If you are dropping a lot of weight and/or making 600 RWHP it is probly better to look at long bars.

323octavio

Established Member
Lakewoods are fine until you are ove 550 HP. I'm making 541/602 RWHP/TQ and pulling 1.6 60' times on the way to mid 11's in the 1/4 and they are working for me. I'm running stock shocks, FRPP drop and full weight. If you are dropping a lot of weight and/or making 600 RWHP it is probly better to look at long bars.

Thanks man do u have any pics on how they look on ur truck

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
Ive wanted to make a Lakewood thread all week lol. After searching and more searching Im going with them. Im making under 500rwhp and for the price and minimal expectation seems like win. I just want to stop the wheel hop. Thats my biggest issues. I can handle the spinning issues. Hope more folks with them chime in. Is there a install write up somewhere? Hows the install?

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
They really do not show much since they don't hang down like long bars. I looked through all my pics and could only see them in this one. If you follow the link in my at the bottom of my sig it will take you to my photobucket account. Look in the folder labelled lightning pics and you can see a lot of L pics but no shots where you can even see the bars besides the one below.

Lightningpics002.jpg

01whiteL

Established Member
they work very well but can do damage to your leaf springs over time.... especially if your making 500+. Worse if it's 600+ lol....

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Lakewoods are a great bang for you buck forsure. My truck ran 12.53 @107 and 171 60's in the 1320. Like many have said above they tend to break with big horsepower. I would toss the stock nuts and bolts because the kept breaking on me.. I had to beef up the nuts and bolts as well fabricate homemade shims for better fitment.
P6040652.jpg

P6040644.jpg

P6040648.jpg

-Chirs

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I replaced the nuts and bolts with grade 8 when I origonally installed mine and no breakages so far. I too had to make extra shims to get preload right.

02_Lightning

Established Member
These work well IF installed properly. It is imperative that these bars are all the way forward on the truck and the snubber is making contact with the leaf spring perch - not the leaf spring itself. If it is touching the spring portion rather than the hard mount of the perch, then it does no good.

fishingfox

Established Member
I ran Lakewoods with with grade 8 fasteners and had no issues other than ride. When you tighten everything down the spring pack binds a little and the ride is harsher than stock.

Switched to Metco Lowers and will never look back. They don't bind and the ride is much better. My 60's improved, but not a great deal. Then again mine is only a mid 12 second truck.

Good luck!

01whiteL

Established Member
Lakewoods are a great bang for you buck forsure. My truck ran 12.53 @107 and 171 60's in the 1320. Like many have said above they tend to break with big horsepower. I would toss the stock nuts and bolts because the kept breaking on me.. I had to beef up the nuts and bolts as well fabricate homemade shims for better fitment.

-Chirs

I was actually referring to the leaf springs themselves..... lol. They will flatten them out completely.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
These work well IF installed properly. It is imperative that these bars are all the way forward on the truck and the snubber is making contact with the leaf spring perch - not the leaf spring itself. If it is touching the spring portion rather than the hard mount of the perch, then it does no good.

I respectfully dsisagree. Mine are contacting the spring right behind the front spring perch. I have and no wheel hop, lots of 1.6 second 60' times, and after 3 years absolutely no spring, suspension, or ride problems. I've done the math, the best place to put Lakewoods is centered on the axle which puts the snubber right behind the front spring eye. Maybe my math is wrong but I do have a few years of physics, a lot of time slips, and a lot of initials after my name to back me up.

Last edited:

qwklightning

Established Member
Where do you get Lakewoods? I hate the wheel hope I get and with my drop and Bassani exhaust long bars don't work.

Users who are viewing this thread