Lakers vs. Celtics

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Right dude. Nice job keeping it relevent. Good thing anybody following that game saw the "bullshit" on the court. The numbers don't lie, something fishy was going on and it sure as shit was derek fisher. Kobe struggled, so stern picked up the slack. Too bad

LOL...you just don't get it.

Everyone hit shots down the stretch, not just free throws, and the last 4 FT's were intentional to stop the clock. The only missed call in the 4th was Gasol's shot where he came back down on the ground before shooting. A foul is a foul.

As I said, sore loser.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
It's all good though congrats kobe

That's what else you don't get...Kobe didn't do shit and Mark Jackson ought to be shot for saying Kobe is the greatest Laker. Not everyone is a lemming; as a matter of fact, outside of the media and dillusional laker fans, most people call it like they see it. Lakers beat 'em, and Kobe had far less to do with it in game 7 than Gasol and Artest.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
LOL...you just don't get it.

Everyone hit shots down the stretch, not just free throws, and the last 4 FT's were intentional to stop the clock. The only missed call in the 4th was Gasol's shot where he came back down on the ground before shooting. A foul is a foul.

As I said, sore loser.

Not a sore loser. But dont worry, I'll go over them with you all tomorrow. Like I said, the lakers won, albeit not legitimately, but like gallaragas perfect game, you can't go back and change it. It's sad the the NBA will never get it's act straight.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
That's what else you don't get...Kobe didn't do shit and Mark Jackson ought to be shot for saying Kobe is the greatest Laker. Not everyone is a lemming; as a matter of fact, outside of the media and dillusional laker fans, most people call it like they see it. Lakers beat 'em, and Kobe had far less to do with it in game 7 than Gasol and Artest.

This I will agree with. But we all know it's all about kobe.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Excuses Excuses. Lakers won. Get over it.

The only statistic that matters is the final score by each team at the end.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
This I will agree with. But we all know it's all about kobe.

And its the media's fault. They tout the SEC in college football, Kobe and Lebron, Yankees/Sox, Tiger Woods, etc. There are other great stories in sports, and yet the media just focuses on whatever it wants to and it is garbage. I'm tired of hearing about this shit...they aren't saying anything about Artest because he is crazy, yet he was the best clutch player on the floor tonight and its a great story. And defensively the Lakers were fantastic and Boston was very good too; it was a team win.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
Will Celtics' fans please show me one foul that wasn't an obvious hack? I don't think their were any blatantly bad calls. The Lakers got aggressive and started drawing contact. The Celtics started playing 1 on 1 offense instead of the team ball that got them there.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
svtsmo, you seriously ruined this thread with your douche-bag ignorant comments. The refs didn't make Allen shoot like shit. The refs didn't injure Perkins. The refs didn't magically make Rondo a bad jump shooter. The refs didn't out-rebound the Celtics. The refs didn't make Pierce or Garnett tired in the second half.

Stop being such a whining bitch and congratulate the winner like a man. You are just a classless idiot fan who will NEVER get respect until you give it where it is due. The Celtics deserve better fans than you.

To the other Celtic fans who aren't douche-bags, it was a very well played game, especially without Perkins.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
maybe the sox sorry ass will get to the world series and loose because they wont be able to beat the Yanks or the Rays.

:lol:

How does that statement make ANY sense at all???
How would the Sox play the Yankees or Tampa in the World Series?

ff500

Established Member
I fell asleep at halftime and just saw the final score on yahoo.

Congrats to the Lakers and their Fans !!

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Sore loser...the Celts didn't get it done down the stretch. No one to blame...LA snatched it from them.

My brother just made a great comment...he said "its sad all these laker and celtic greats had to watch this mess in person." I thought that was hilarious! :)

Your brother is dead on :nonono: what a crappy game, even the half time crew said it was a crappy game so far :shrug:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
HAHAHA!
**** Boston, they suck ass. Svtsmo, you're a pathetic shit. First the Bruins and now this?How does it feel to get one win away and cannot bring it home?

Coiled03

Established Member
Right dude. Nice job keeping it relevent. Good thing anybody following that game saw the "bullshit" on the court. The numbers don't lie, something fishy was going on and it sure as shit was derek fisher. Kobe struggled, so stern picked up the slack. Too bad

:rollseyes

You're right....I forgot, there's a rule that states the number of foul shots for Boston must be equal to or greater than that of the other team.

What anybody following the game saw was the more aggressive, better rebounding team win the game. Take a look at the rebounding stats, especially the offensive boards. That tells the whole story right there. The Lakers made all the hustle plays in what was a very ugly shooting game for both teams. Between that and the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th dry spell the Celtics had, that was the end of it for them. It had nothing.....repeat, NOTHING....to do with the refs. I think it was one of the better officiated Game 7s I've seen in a LONG time, despite Joey Crawford's presence.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
HAHAHA!
**** Boston, they suck ass. Svtsmo, you're a pathetic shit. First the Bruins and now this?How does it feel to get one win away and cannot bring it home?

Probably about the same as Philly fans in last years WS. Then again, how's Philadelphia's championship resume look for the last gereration. :lol1: Yea, pretty sad.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
just remember, the Celtics werent suppose to win the last two series.

d wade: check
lebron: check
howard: check
kobe: NEXT

I'm a huge Lakers fan (have been since 1979, no bandwagoneir here) and thought this list was pretty cool for a Boston fan. However, what a lot of people fail to realize or will not accept is that the wrong guy was given the league MVP for the past two years. IMO, it takes more than getting your team the best record in the league to become MVP. I mean LeBron could not even get his team to the finals for a shot at the title. So, although your list was cool and impressive it is hard to get past an all around team with the true MVP of the league!!!!

This is the way a championship should be played, all 7 games and down to the wire!!!! Great series and kudos to the Celtics for their accomplishments this year. Doc Rivers is a class act and a great coach!!!! However, as they say, in a 7 game series the better team will always win and this year the Lakers were better!!! End of story..... End of controversy!!!! Refs did not hand the Lakers 4 games and it takes 4 games to win the title, not 1......... Lakers fell short in 08 and the Celtics fell short this year. That's the way the ball bounces………. pun intended!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Lakers!!! Way to REPEAT and prove you deserve to be called champions!!!!

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Excuses Excuses. Lakers won. Get over it.

The only statistic that matters is the final score by each team at the end.
and of course, with your typical pre-k logic, thats all that matters. forget what happened to get to that point
Will Celtics' fans please show me one foul that wasn't an obvious hack? I don't think their were any blatantly bad calls. The Lakers got aggressive and started drawing contact. The Celtics started playing 1 on 1 offense instead of the team ball that got them there.
i'm about to get to that
svtsmo, you seriously ruined this thread with your douche-bag ignorant comments. The refs didn't make Allen shoot like shit. The refs didn't injure Perkins. The refs didn't magically make Rondo a bad jump shooter. The refs didn't out-rebound the Celtics. The refs didn't make Pierce or Garnett tired in the second half.

Stop being such a whining bitch and congratulate the winner like a man. You are just a classless idiot fan who will NEVER get respect until you give it where it is due. The Celtics deserve better fans than you.

To the other Celtic fans who aren't douche-bags, it was a very well played game, especially without Perkins.
AH here we go, calling me a d-bag and classless, you know what that tells me? I"M RIGHT. its ok to admit it, dont resort to childish name calling, admit your wrong. i already congratulated la, but of course, you being from la, your clearly illiterate and didnt see that
HAHAHA!
2001, 2003, 2004, 2004, 2007, 2008. hows philly, the city your not from doing?
:rollseyes

You're right....I forgot, there's a rule that states the number of foul shots for Boston must be equal to or greater than that of the other team.

What anybody following the game saw was the more aggressive, better rebounding team win the game. Take a look at the rebounding stats, especially the offensive boards. That tells the whole story right there. The Lakers made all the hustle plays in what was a very ugly shooting game for both teams. Between that and the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th dry spell the Celtics had, that was the end of it for them. It had nothing.....repeat, NOTHING....to do with the refs. I think it was one of the better officiated Game 7s I've seen in a LONG time, despite Joey Crawford's presence.

ok, i'll lay this out for the blind kobe fans. no there is no rule that foul shots have to be equal, if that were true, kobe wouldnt have any rings. the refs were calling a completely fair game up until it was obvious that la was not going to mount a comeback on their own. just a few instances that come to mind:

kobe lunging into Ray Allen who was a good 3 feet away while behind the arc and drawing a bullshit foul
gasol flailing the ball straight in the air while Garnett has his arms tucked in and getting called for a foul
kobe lunging his body into a vertical KG as he drives to the basket
gasol going straight up with the ball, coming back down without releasing and not being called for the travel.

dont sit here and say "well gee, the lakers just SUDDENLY started playing more aggresive after 3 quarters of laid back play". is that really what your going to cling to? not the fact that they knew the officials were calling a different game and could get calls doing whatever they wanted. your telling me that these refs basically let them have rugby scrums for 3 quarters, but suddenly tighten up right at the same time la makes their run, and thats normal to you?

37-17. the lakers scored 15+ points from the freethrow line in one ****ing quarter. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? YOU LAKER FAIRIES ARE REALLY GOING TO PRETEND LIKE THATS NORMAL? no team can hold a lead when a team gets 15 points without taking time off the clock.

the lakers scored 19 points in the final 6 minutes. THEY SCORED 12 OF THEM FROM THE FREETHROW LINE!! 12 of 14 compaired to the Celtics 2-2. EXPLAIN THAT BULLSHIT
like i said, unfortunetly, the lakers weren't going to win that on their own, its pretty sad that they had to alter the outcome to get what they wanted. want proof? answer me why gasol or artest didnt win the mvp?

regardless, congrats la on your 10th championship

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
like i said, unfortunetly, the lakers weren't going to win that on their own, its pretty sad that they had to alter the outcome to get what they wanted. want proof? answer me why gasol or artest didnt win the mvp?

regardless, congrats la on your 10th championship

I have no issues with you and understand your point of view. I watched the same game you did. However, there were fouls that were not called on the Celtics that were fouls. Kobe did that same swing through on Ray Allen earlier. Contact was made by Allen and no call was made. Gasol went up for a shot and both Sheed and Kevin mugged him and no call was made. Sheed hooked Kobe while Kobe was driving the lane and instead of a foul the ball was called out of bounds on the Celtics.

I do agree with you that some controversial calls were made, but in the end it was balanced between the calls and no calls.

As to your MVP question it is the MVP of the finals, not the MVP of one game. Kobe did more throughout the finals than Artest or Gasol. Now, if the MVP was given for game 7 then your questioning makes sense.

I have read the majority of your posts in this thread and I'm not here to change your mind or point of view. I'm just providing you my point of view based on your comments. Your argument makes sense if you just look at the numbers 37-17, but those of us who watched the game know how those numbers came to be and it was not because the refs decided to call everything against Boston and let LA do whatever they wanted. Step back and look at what Boston did or failed to do and you will realize Boston had a chance to win and did not.

Do you have the same explanation for the 08 finals results? I mean Boston came back from a 24 point deficit in one game and beat LA by 39 in another to win the championship. Was it because the refs gave Boston that series? If so, I guess both teams are even now. If not then maybe LA played poorly in 08 and Boston played poorly last night. Just a thought.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
LAKE SHOW!!!

So in the end the better team DID WIN. The Lakers finally showed the intensity, desire, and drive that they needed to beat a tough team like the Celtics.

They were already the better team, they just needed to come out and play like it. They sure did show it in game 6 and finally in game 7.

LAKE SHOW!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread