Laguna Seca Sued by Rich Neighbors for Being a Race Track

Blown 89

Established Member
We raced there in 2017 and the staff was openly talking about how litigation was bleeding them dry back then. It's a legit legal tactic that needs to stop. We go back in October, I can't wait.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
6 years ago, when I lived in Maple Valley Washington, you could hear Top Fuel cars run at Pacific Raceways. As the crow flies it was maybe 3 miles away. By car it was about 7 miles. Even then, the track had "quiet days" mandated by the town of Kent. That track was also "out in the sticks" until everyone moved in close and started to complain.
I really enjoyed racing at that track. Great surface, lots of room and obviously close to me at the time.
I can only imagine what the locals are demanding now.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We raced there in 2017 and the staff was openly talking about how litigation was bleeding them dry back then. It's a legit legal tactic that needs to stop. We go back in October, I can't wait.

I'm going in September.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
6 years ago, when I lived in Maple Valley Washington, you could hear Top Fuel cars run at Pacific Raceways. As the crow flies it was maybe 3 miles away. By car it was about 7 miles. Even then, the track had "quiet days" mandated by the town of Kent. That track was also "out in the sticks" until everyone moved in close and started to complain.
I really enjoyed racing at that track. Great surface, lots of room and obviously close to me at the time.
I can only imagine what the locals are demanding now.
There is a house 200 yards off turn 8. It's been there awhile now, but Damn.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
If the track owners get to the point where they can’t afford all the litigations, they ought to develop themselves for low income housing. That would screw those rich neighbors.

The property is owned by the county, who can easily be bought and paid for. It'll end up being a golf course with a bunch of mcmansions.

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm going in September.
What cars are running at that event?

I wish it wasn't such a long drive from here. Their campground is one of the most beautiful I've ever stayed at and I'd love to camp there during events.

q6543

Established Member
What’s wild is here in Michigan somehow they got the M1 concourse built in the middle of the city of Pontiac….

Only difference is Pontiac is poor people who couldn’t dream of affording a M1 garage @400K just to store a few cars and get access…. A 2nd urban track/garage is going in a few hours north iirc.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What cars are running at that event?

I wish it wasn't such a long drive from here. Their campground is one of the most beautiful I've ever stayed at and I'd love to camp there during events.

Gridlife, so a wide variety of stuff!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thing is, Laguna Seca, has a super strict noise policy anyways. They have like 8 days of unrestricted track time per year.

trueblue03gt

Established Member
There is a house 200 yards off turn 8. It's been there awhile now, but Damn.
There are houses all around the raceway now. I don't give pacific raceways much time before all the neighbors start whining, but they'll probably deal with the takeovers in kent first lol

Users who are viewing this thread