Kyle Busch grabs win #200 in dominating fashion!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Try 6 of them.

Name them.

Junior Johnson - 0 - 50 wins
Bobby Allison - 1 - 84 wins
Donnie Allison - 0 - 10 wins
Buddy Baker - 0 - 19 wins
Benny Parsons - 1 - 21 wins
Cale Yarborough - 3 - 83 wins
Neil Bonnett - 0 - 18 wins
Harry Gant - 0 - 18 wins

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
If I had to assemble a top ten drivers list, mine would look something like this:

1. Dale Earnhardt
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Darrell Waltrip
4. Jimmie Johnson
5. Cale Yarborough
6. Bobby Allison
7. Tony Stewart
8. Kyle Busch
9. ?
10. ?

9. Dale Jarrett
10. Ernie Irvan

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
I was a big NASCAR fan back in the day rooting for Bill Elliott, Davey Allison, etc, then Mark Martin. Hated Earnhardt. I just lost interest at some point...I think when all the cars started to look the same. I tried tuning in recently and I had no clue about the stages, nor who was who, other than a couple big names.

I'm surprised there seems to be little interest on this site for IMSA, WEC, PWC, etc. I enjoy the hell out of watching those races.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Nascar has been eating itself from the inside for the last 20 years.

I was a big NASCAR fan back in the day rooting for Bill Elliott, Davey Allison, etc, then Mark Martin. Hated Earnhardt. I just lost interest at some point...I think when all the cars started to look the same. I tried tuning in recently and I had no clue about the stages, nor who was who, other than a couple big names.

I'm surprised there seems to be little interest on this site for IMSA, WEC, PWC, etc. I enjoy the hell out of watching those races.

It's not what it used to be, that's for sure. NASCAR needs the following IMO:

No stages
No chase
Race back to the line (unless it puts the active field near the wreck)
Unlimited overtime (absolutely no race ends under yellow/red unless weather related)
No tiered qualifying (everyone hits the track at the same time for 10 minutes)

Coiled03

Established Member

There's plenty of interest. They just don't get the TV time, or coverage the bigger series' do.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
There's plenty of interest. They just don't get the TV time, or coverage the bigger series' do.
Maybe, but I rarely see any posts about this type of racing. No discussion on Briscoe looping it at the very end of the Sebring race due to out of class traffic, nothing on the crazy rain at Daytona, possible Hypercar/DPi merging, etc. There's some outstanding racing in the GS class with Kohr Motorsports and Multimatic running their GT4 Mustangs.

IMSA's coverage sucks as I've had numerous problems going through a third party to get access. I usually watch the in car footage off the IMSA site and listen to the radio broadcast.

And I haven't started any threads either, so I'm part of the problem...

Coiled03

Established Member
Maybe, but I rarely see any posts about this type of racing. No discussion on Briscoe looping it at the very end of the Sebring race due to out of class traffic, nothing on the crazy rain at Daytona, possible Hypercar/DPi merging, etc. There's some outstanding racing in the GS class with Kohr Motorsports and Multimatic running their GT4 Mustangs.

IMSA's coverage sucks as I've had numerous problems going through a third party to get access. I usually watch the in car footage off the IMSA site and listen to the radio broadcast.

And I haven't started any threads either, so I'm part of the problem...

Oh yeah, totally agree. There's little to no discussion, at least here. Seems most of the discussion is on other sites when it comes to those guys. I'm pretty sure there are several FB groups dedicated to them. Yeah, FB sucks, but if you really want to talk about it, it's not the worst thing.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Because NASCAR. It wouldn't have mattered either way, nobody had anything for Kyle today.
You could be right, and you could be a little jaded. :)

It would have been more fun though if they'd let the pit strategy play out a little bit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the outcome woulda been any different but, c'mon NASCAR, when you have an opportunity to add some excitement, why not take advantage of it?

And I know the answer to my own question.

They'd better do something, and quick, to turn it around. There must've been all of 300 people at that race today. And they've been having trouble selling out a lot of the cup races for years. Thanks Brian France.

Kiohtee

Established Member
You could be right, and you could be a little jaded. :)

It would have been more fun though if they'd let the pit strategy play out a little bit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the outcome woulda been any different but, c'mon NASCAR, when you have an opportunity to add some excitement, why not take advantage of it?

And I know the answer to my own question.

They'd better do something, and quick, to turn it around. There must've been all of 300 people at that race today. And they've been having trouble selling out a lot of the cup races for years. Thanks Brian France.

Kyle was on the same pit strategy as everyone else most of the race. At the end he was on older tires. That's not being jaded, that's just facts. Kyle wasn't losing this race unless he received a penalty or wrecked. Lol

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Kyle was on the same pit strategy as everyone else most of the race. At the end he was on older tires. That's not being jaded, that's just facts. Kyle wasn't losing this race unless he received a penalty or wrecked. Lol
But he may not have been if they would've opened the pits earlier during that first caution.

Kiohtee

Established Member
But he may not have been if they would've opened the pits earlier during that first caution.

I'm failing to see your point other than NASCAR messed up the call when to open pit road, which I agree with you on, but... (see below)

The pit strategy went out the window when the stages were implemented.

This.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I'm failing to see your point other than NASCAR messed up the call when to open pit road, which I agree with you on, but... (see below)

This.
Meh.

There's still some pit strategy to be had.

And I also hate the stage racing.

Users who are viewing this thread