Kooks vs. JBA LT's??

devildog1679

Established Member
There is a $500 difference b/w the two. Are the Kooks really worth an extra $500? The only thing I could gather is that the Kooks are T-304 while JBA are T-409. Also JBA are only 1-7/8” which for my NA car I gather 1-3/4” is better. I also found some BBK that are 1-3/4” but not so sure on quality of those?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

jjd975

Established Member
Imo there's no way kooks are worth 500 $ more. I'm sure all the headers will make roughly the same power. Some fit perfectly some have minor issues but they all work. I owned bbk years ago on my fox 5.0, fit great and worked great, car was fast and made really good numbers on the dyno. Only thing I didn't like was the chrome bbks looked bad over time. I would grab the stainless jbas.

jason2833

Established Member
I have jba they fit perfect but there made out of 409 stainless so it makes surface rust. The pypes are the same and there 304 stainless.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The price difference comes from the fact that kooks are t-304 stainless jba's are t-409 stainless!

Last edited:

RC-5.0

Established Member
So you buy a $35+k car and worry about $500 difference in headers?

Not me. I got Kooks, but would have gone with either ARH or SW also. Beefcake can get you some good pricing on these things.

RC

devildog1679

Established Member
I have jba they fit perfect but there made out of 409 stainless so it makes surface rust. The pypes are the same and there 304 stainless.

How is the fitment?

So you buy a $35+k car and worry about $500 difference in headers?
RC
I bought a $400K home does that mean that I shouldn't shop around for the best priced AC unit? If they are indeed better then I would pay the money but if they are not why spend more.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Kooks/ARH are proven to be great products. Quality/fitment/performance.

Pypes seem to be good on these cars, but nothing but issues on the new edge cars with their headers. BBK just sucks :)

JBA seem pretty decent. Seems like people have good luck with them.

But I'll be going with Kooks. Even though they are more of a mid length header, no issues with e85, and they perform very well.

RC-5.0

Established Member
How is the fitment?

I bought a $400K home does that mean that I shouldn't shop around for the best priced AC unit? If they are indeed better then I would pay the money but if they are not why spend more.

You shop for the BEST price on the SAME AC unit, not buy a CHEAPER and more flimsily made AC Unit. DIFFERENT COMPARISON :nonono:

It's already been mentioned..better quality Steel!

Grabber2012

Established Member
What about the dynatech LTs? There a little cheaper than kooks or ARH and I haven't heard anything bad about them. If I decide to do the pita LTs on our cars I'll probably go with the dynatechs or ARH.

ExTurbo

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about 1 7/8ths loosing power. 1 3/4 will definitely work, but you aren't loosing any power with 1 7/8ths, in fact you might pick up a few, and anything you do in the future will only benefit from the extra flow. These heads move a lot of air especially if you are planning on spinning the motor past 7K

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
i just bought the stainless power from beefcake.they are the buget side to stainless works.i was set on the jba LT and when i seen the sale price for sp LT and o-r x pipe i started asking questions and their isnt much difference than the stainless works and price is $500 less .i am driving a street car not trying to run coyote stock or anything so if they made 5hp less i will never know.u cant go wrong with those in IMO.any questions just pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread