Kooks Twin Turbo

Voltwings

Established Member
The GTx bearings are very sensitive, without the proper banjo bolts, too much or too little oil can cause issues. Turbos are just like cars, if you take care of them, they will take care of you.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Ah I was literally about to post a thread about this myself! I was more going to see if someone could explain or justify the $3k price tag difference over the arguably comparable Hellion TT kit (leaving out On3 and CPR since there are enough differences).

From what I see, quality differences are no silicone elbows (all piping bent properly for straight connections), pre-made oil feed and return lines, AC line, less weird loking wastegate placement (more hidden), and mounting bracket to move the battery further out of the way. While the choice in stainless steel may be better, the “lesser” kind used by Hellion (Bassani) has a good track record. While Garret turbos are expensive, Precision turbos used by Hellion aren’t cheap either.

Anyone have any solid justification on why this kit would be this much more?

Last edited:

guarnibl

Established Member
The GTx bearings are very sensitive, without the proper banjo bolts, too much or too little oil can cause issues. Turbos are just like cars, if you take care of them, they will take care of you.

I took care of mine but they still put me into a wall :banana:

Rdrcr

Established Member
Ah I was literally about to post a thread about this myself! I was more going to see if someone could explain or justify the $3k price tag difference over the arguably comparable Hellion TT kit (leaving out On3 and CPR since there are enough differences).

From what I see, quality differences are no silicone elbows (all piping bent properly for straight connections), pre-made oil feed and return lines, AC line, less weird loking wastegate placement (more hidden), and mounting bracket to move the battery further out of the way. While the choice in stainless steel may be better, the “lesser” kind used by Hellion (Bassani) has a good track record. While Garret turbos are expensive, Precision turbos used by Hellion aren’t cheap either.

Anyone have any solid justification on why this kit would be this much more?

See explanation below...

Well we all know that Kooks makes some damn good headers, and their quality is top notch. So couple that with their own design and inhouse production of 304 Stainless turbo headers along with most likely a T6061 high grade Aluminum intercooler, and Garrett turbos, there is the $10k price mark right there.
  • CNC Mandrel Bent 14 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel Headers: By Kooks
  • CNC Mandrel Bent 304 Stainless Steel TiG Welded Downpipes: By Kooks
  • CNC Mandrel Bent Thick Wall Aluminum Charge Piping: By Kooks
  • X2 TiAL Sport 44mm MV-R Wastegates (With All Springs): By TiAL Sport
  • Tial “Q” 50.5MM Blow-Off Valve: By TiAL Sport
  • Aluminum High-Flow Intercooler: By Fluidyne
  • Custom CNC Low Pressure A/C Line
  • Stainless Steel Support Bracketry
  • Pre-Made Turbocharger Plumbing System: By Goodridge Fluid Systems
  • 4-Ply Silicone Coupler Kit with Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamps: By Vibrant
  • 2x High-FlowAir Filters
  • 2x Garrett GT3076R Turbochargers (1200 Horsepower Capable)

Mike

Rdrcr

Established Member
^^^^^
Well, it does state the differences in components and materials between the two kits. What 'difference' or 'justification' are you looking for?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread