Kooks / Motiva Armageddon Twin Turbo Now Available!

PurposebuiltGT

Established Member
The price of that kit is what I paid for my new Kawi zx6r! I can certainly appreciate the engineering and craftsmanship but there are more cheaper proven methods to run 9's. What we need is Kooks/JBA/SW-SP to release an exhaust manifold since they all have the resources for mass production. This would allow for more companies to produce their own turbo kits and drive prices down.

Benchracer

Established Member
All turbos will make great power but Garrett turbos are superior in quality over Precision, Borg Warner, or any other brand. A Garrett turbos life will outlast a precision or BW turbo 4:1. The only way I would have a Precision turbo is if it was a ball bearing(which is what I have now). I have had over 10 years experience working on turbo cars and the precision jpurnal bearing turbos have never lasted long til they started getting shaft play.

Joey8

Established Member
the kit is 2-3 months out.

the manifolds are done, just getting set up for the final machining.

here is a pic from over on YB

manipreview.jpg

the kit will have 57lb injectors standard with id's available as an upgrade. The 57's are the same as the production 13 GT500's.

Those look awesome. Beefy for sure. This kit will be just in time for the Spring.

Benchracer

Established Member
Of all the twin turbo kits, the lund kit will be the best quality, engineered, and tested. The price is the same as the Hellion but comes with more. It is a true turn key kit. It would be on my car today if it was already available.

Benchracer

Established Member
that's debatable Benchracer.

You can debate it all you want but what I say is true. I have had and seen many precision turbos fail, get replaced by Garrett turbos and not have a problem. I can think of at least 5 occasions this has happened to me and 4 different cars. One car we decided to give precision another try since they had a new "bad ass" turbo. It worked great...for about 6 months. Went back to Garrett turbos and been going strong for 2 years.

CSG

Established Member
Do the Garrett journal bearing turbos pass oil like the precision ones do? All the smoke in the exhaust is embarrassing.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
My buddy has a precision turbo on his s2k and it smells like its burning oil as soon as you start the car eventhough it only smokes very little during shifts. Journal bearing turbo..I don't remember exactly what is the size of the turbo.

D.T.R

Established Member
You can debate it all you want but what I say is true. I have had and seen many precision turbos fail, get replaced by Garrett turbos and not have a problem. I can think of at least 5 occasions this has happened to me and 4 different cars. One car we decided to give precision another try since they had a new "bad ass" turbo. It worked great...for about 6 months. Went back to Garrett turbos and been going strong for 2 years.

That's your personal opinion. Mine is actually quite the opposite. The only garrett turbo I'd had, failed. I'm on my 5th Precision turbo, never an issue. 5th turbo not because i had any issues, but because of going bigger, newer, billet wheel, etc. To top it off, i know local people with blown up Garretts too. Every brand will have failures.... but the precisions cost less, yet make more power at the same size/boost & engine :coolman:

D.T.R

Established Member
Also, doesn't Lund's kit come with Magnum turbos... which are like... inferior quality than garrett/precision/BW ? Are those made/manufactured in the USA?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Also, doesn't Lund's kit come with Magnum turbos... which are like... inferior quality than garrett/precision/BW ? Are those made/manufactured in the USA?

Magnums,

The kit isn't coming with Magnums.

It will be coming with one of the 2 debatable best turbo's made!!! :)

D.T.R

Established Member
Magnums,

The kit isn't coming with Magnums.

It will be coming with one of the 2 debatable best turbo's made!!! :)

It is debatable. If they were the best turbos made, why then is precision the turbo company holding the most records in drag racing?

Anyways, the thread is already all over the place enough.

This kook's kit seems a good quality kit.

Last edited:

Benchracer

Established Member
That's your personal opinion. Mine is actually quite the opposite. The only garrett turbo I'd had, failed. I'm on my 5th Precision turbo, never an issue. 5th turbo not because i had any issues, but because of going bigger, newer, billet wheel, etc. To top it off, i know local people with blown up Garretts too. Every brand will have failures.... but the precisions cost less, yet make more power at the same size/boost & engine :coolman:

Well if you went through 5 turbos upgrading, it would seem they were not on a car long enough to have issues. Im talking a year or two. The precision turbos are fine as long as you get a ball bearing. As far as your local cars having issues with Garrett turbos, they are not indestructable, there are many ways to destroy a turbo of any brand. Insufficient oil feed or drain, running without a filter, over spinning, lack of oil due to a kinked line or oil coked up in the feed or drain. The cars I was referring, changed absolutely nothing but the turbo brand. Two cars that I help with both bought twin precisions. One car lasted about 3 months before a turbo failure, the other made it 6 months. My previous car went through 2 brand new precision turbos within 3 years. My buddies TA had twin GT4788's ran them for 3 seasons going as fast as 4.4's in the 1/8th @175mph with no issues. Decided to try the new promod 94's and they barely lasted a season. Went back to Garret GT55's and been going for two years now and went lower 4.2's@193mph on radial tires. No power or reliability issues. Precision even admitted to having a balance issue with their turbos. Supposedly its fixed now but I have been burnt on them too many times slready. Again, this is just the journal bearing turbos.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

What I meant is the turbos being debated on this thread

:)

Not magnums

Benchracer

Established Member
It is debatable. If they were the best turbos made, why then is precision the turbo company holding the most records in drag racing?

Anyways, the thread is already all over the place enough.

This kook's kit seems a good quality kit.

Like I said before ALL turbos will make good power. These world record cars do not have longevity in mind when it comes to winning. They change set ups and turbos to the newest and best thing constantly. If you are familiar with dsm's or 4 cylinder cars, you might have heard of Brent Rau. Had the fastest 4 cylinder door car in the world. ran 4.6's in the 1/8th and had BW turbos but he was having to put a new turbo on the car for every race. This is where sponsors come into play.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Like I said before ALL turbos will make good power. These world record cars do not have longevity in mind when it comes to winning. They change set ups and turbos to the newest and best thing constantly. If you are familiar with dsm's or 4 cylinder cars, you might have heard of Brent Rau. Had the fastest 4 cylinder door car in the world. ran 4.6's in the 1/8th and had BW turbos but he was having to put a new turbo on the car for every race. This is where sponsors come into play.

I loved that car...

Users who are viewing this thread