koni yellows w/ stock brembo springs?

Grant808

Established Member
Ok, but p springs require supporting mods. Not everyone wants to change Lca's, Add brackets, cc plates/bolts. It seems like the the oem Boss springs offer better handeling, cheap and easy.

LCAs and Brackets don't need to be changed. But you are correct that the OEM Boss springs with a set of shocks and struts would be cheap and easy and still be a big upgrade. You still might want camber bolts or camber plates, but totally not needed if you rotate your tires. Either way, you still need to get your alignment done.

Fun4me

Established Member
LCAs and Brackets don't need to be changed. But you are correct that the OEM Boss springs with a set of shocks and struts would be cheap and easy and still be a big upgrade. You still might want camber bolts or camber plates, but totally not needed if you rotate your tires. Either way, you still need to get your alignment done.

I'm thinking of going w/ this setup. I'll be running 18x9.5 rims w/265 40 18 front and 18x11 305 35 18 rear. So rotating is out of the question. But if I can get away w/ $20 bolts, that would be cool.

Would I need to do anything to balance out the feel of the car w/ the wider rear tires?

corruptor

Established Member
I'm thinking of going w/ this setup. I'll be running 18x9.5 rims w/265 40 18 front and 18x11 305 35 18 rear. So rotating is out of the question. But if I can get away w/ $20 bolts, that would be cool.

Would I need to do anything to balance out the feel of the car w/ the wider rear tires?

You're going to introduce understeer with that staggered setup. You'll need a bigger rear sway bar. Question is how big, which is why adjustable rear bar would be a good upgrade.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
You're going to introduce understeer with that staggered setup

Unless you a track/autocross junkie I'm not sure that matters too much. I spent two days at NJMP with the SVTPP wheel/tire combo and if anything I appreciated the traction more than I was bothered by any understeer. I played around with the shock settings and camber which allowed me more than enough fine tuning.

On the street this really doesn't matter as the handling limits are way above what anybody should be doing.

t-ray

Established Member
BTW, 26" tall tires look small even with the drop from the P springs. For the street, it looked way better with taller 27.7" tall 275/40/19, or the stock 255s.

8190307646_56dc6fc9ca_z.jpg

Sorry for going off topic, but can you share the details for these wheels? They look like F14's.

I'm considering running a square 18x10 F14 setup, with 26" tires, and my car is a kona as well, so that picture is very helpful. What finish are those wheels?

**** Edit - also, is that a stock ride height? That gap certainly doesn't look like a stock GT on 26" tires.

Last edited:

corruptor

Established Member
Unless you a track/autocross junkie I'm not sure that matters too much. I spent two days at NJMP with the SVTPP wheel/tire combo and if anything I appreciated the traction more than I was bothered by any understeer. I played around with the shock settings and camber which allowed me more than enough fine tuning.

On the street this really doesn't matter as the handling limits are way above what anybody should be doing.

Good point. I think we all get a bit out if hand wanting the right setup that it helps to remember the intended use.

One thing that's been bugging me is pinion angle after lowering. Are there any rules of thumb I.e need to adjust pinion angle after 1.x" drop?

Grant808

Established Member

You're going to introduce understeer with that staggered setup. You'll need a bigger rear sway bar. Question is how big, which is why adjustable rear bar would be a good upgrade.

...or go with a stiffer adjustable front bar. Depends how 'neutral' you want it to be.

True...but I'm not always doing what I *should* be doing on the street. :burnout:

Sorry for going off topic, but can you share the details for these wheels? They look like F14's.

I'm considering running a square 18x10 F14 setup, with 26" tires, and my car is a kona as well, so that picture is very helpful. What finish are those wheels?

**** Edit - also, is that a stock ride height? That gap certainly doesn't look like a stock GT on 26" tires.

It's on P springs with Pilot Super Sports 265/35-19 on 19x9 and 295/30-19 on 19x10 in matte black. The rears stick out a bit more than I'd like, but it all worked well on track in Fontana today.

Users who are viewing this thread