BLK93GT

Established Member
The original motor first used...

ccx_engine.jpg

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
I think they are. no bullshit. how many modulars have you degreed in? header swaps in an hour... I could go on and on.

hell yeah brah. how about those sparkplug swaps? ****ing over rev and bend a pushrod like a boss.

every engine/setup has it's pros and cons. be easy.

19935.slow

Established Member
hell yeah brah. how about those sparkplug swaps? ****ing over rev and bend a pushrod like a boss.

every engine/setup has it's pros and cons. be easy.

20 minutes to change plugs isn't a long time. Any engine hurts stuff when you over rev. Not the cars fault.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
20 minutes to change plugs isn't a long time. Any engine hurts stuff when you over rev. Not the cars fault.

lol 20 minutes. never heard a 4th gen f-bod guy EVER not complain about plugs. check here, they're claiming 4-6 hours for sparkplug swap. wow
LS1 Spark Plug Change - LS1TECH

what's over revving? a missed shift? I've missed plenty of shifts in many mod motors...no issue.

not bashing the ls1, but people need to chill the **** out already. as I stated in my post, every motor/setup has pros and cons. saying that a motor sucks because a header swap is hard, is laughable. especially when it takes you a full Saturday afternoon to change plugs.

BLK93GT

Established Member
This one has a Vortech on it!?

ALSO....check out that MAF it looks like a Ford one.
te7e9y2e.jpg

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
LOL I know lots of LSX stuff that would feed a 520 whp cobra with not many mods. just saying they are great motors and are better for making power than a 4v cobra motor. sorry thats just the reality of it...:poke:
yeah they make more power cause they have bigger displacement. ford hasnt even came close to a 7 liter motor. i hope if you are making more power out of a 5.7 then a 4.6

kaz109

Established Member
Off topic but still curious .....does the jag XKR-S us the same coyote 5.0? The XKRS is supercharged so I know its not the same engine code but is it a variant of the coyote motor or is it completely different ?

kaz109

Established Member
yeah they make more power cause they have bigger displacement. ford hasnt even came close to a 7 liter motor. i hope if you are making more power out of a 5.7 then a 4.6

This!!! Idk why ppl are so impressed with the LSx powerplants when they are so under powered in stock forum , then ppl are impressed at the power they make when they are modded lol....what a joke

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member

6.2 Raptor/superduty motors can be bored and stroked out to something like a max of 450ci

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
lol 20 minutes. never heard a 4th gen f-bod guy EVER not complain about plugs. check here, they're claiming 4-6 hours for sparkplug swap. wow
LS1 Spark Plug Change - LS1TECH

I've done a few spark plug swaps for a couple of friends with F-bodies and it took me around 1.5 hrs. How the hell those guys are spending 4-6 hrs is beyond me.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
LOL I know lots of LSX stuff that would feed a 520 whp cobra with not many mods. just saying they are great motors and are better for making power than a 4v cobra motor. sorry thats just the reality of it...:poke:

LSX based motors are a completely different animal. I agree that they're excellent motors, that in some aspects are superior to the MOD motor.

In a true high hp street driven car there are some advantages though.

Modified MOD motors can rev to 8,500+ reliably, and they won't shatter a sequential gear box. The power delivery from a boosted LSX is just ridiculous, amazing but it will break drivetrain components and turn tires to liquid even under 4,000rpms.

A MOD motor singing at 8k+ RPMs without a noisy ass valvetrain is always nice too.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
This!!! Idk why ppl are so impressed with the LSx powerplants when they are so under powered in stock forum , then ppl are impressed at the power they make when they are modded lol....what a joke

yeah i know i mean a new 6.2 camaro ss makes what 426 hp in a stick and only 400 hp in an auto why the auto is less is beyond me i guess chevy isnt smart enough to hold another 26 hp on the auto haha

and the 5.0 mustang is making 420 hp on auto or stick

zr1 is making a mere 638 hp out of a 6.2L with a tvs2300 on it. the 13 gt500 is a 5.8L also with a tvs 2.3L blower on it as well? making 662 hp? more then a 6.2L with same blower sizes? but lsx engines are all around better! :shrug:

Don't get me wrong i would love to have a c6 z06 but thats about the only chevy i would ever drive. they just dont impress me otherwise. guy that comes into dealer has a 10 ss cammed out and full exhaust and it sounds awful! he says he is making 500 hp on the dyno from just a cam and exhaust and oh yeah its an auto too! i just dont get it!

that intake on that engine is sick surprised nobody has fabbed up one for a tt cobra

6.2 Raptor/superduty motors can be bored and stroked out to something like a max of 450ci

that is a truck though dude not in a shelby or a mustang. gm rocks 6.2 in their trucks too. im talking a car with a straight up 7.0 in a car. yes only gm like

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
yeah i know i mean a new 6.2 camaro ss makes what 426 hp in a stick and only 400 hp in an auto why the auto is less is beyond me i guess chevy isnt smart enough to hold another 26 hp on the auto haha

The auto has an L99 motor with DOD/AFM, (the only difference).

It all comes down to weight, the auto Camaro at 3900lb+ weighs more than a GT500. :poke: GM couldn't get decent fuel economy somewhat comparable to an automatic GT so a sacrifice was made..

I wouldn't say they're stupid, but I'm not a fan of their decision to go with a full sized sedan platform on 5th gens. That's the crux of all it's performance related issues.

BLK93GT

Established Member
The auto has an L99 motor with DOD/AFM, (the only difference).

It all comes down to weight, the auto Camaro at 3900lb+ weighs more than a GT500. :poke: GM couldn't get decent fuel economy somewhat comparable to an automatic GT so a sacrifice was made..

I wouldn't say they're stupid, but I'm not a fan of their decision to go with a full sized sedan platform on 5th gens. That's the crux of all it's performance related issues.

Same as Dodge, using a heavy sedan platform to build a 2 door.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
zr1 is making a mere 638 hp out of a 6.2L with a tvs2300 on it. the 13 gt500 is a 5.8L also with a tvs 2.3L blower on it as well? making 662 hp? more then a 6.2L with same blower sizes? but lsx engines are all around better! :shrug:

And yet that LS9 is overall smaller, lighter, more power dense, and can be mounted lower and further back towards the centerline than the mod motor. It sucks for sure.

Most of your post was ok until this little retarded part. So much fail it it.:nonono:

They both have their pros and cons.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Same as Dodge, using a heavy sedan platform to build a 2 door.

I can respect what Dodge did with the Challenger. They never proclaimed it a pony car, nor does it have a confused personality. It's a true 4200lb boulevard cruiser that if produced back in the day would be comparable to Chevelles, Roadrunners, GTO's, Chargers, 442's GN's, etc..

When the Challenger was released it made S197s look like a matchbox car. They are way bigger, more comfortable, quieter and practicable than a Mustang or Camaro. It's intentions are obvious.

Motive-Dodge-Challenger-Mustang-GT5.jpg

It's also closer in price to a GT500 and ZL1 than a GT or SS, which means it gets raped sideways in every performance medium.

The Camaro doesn't know wtf it is, it's not significantly more comfortable, practicable, efficient or impressive in any performance aspect vs. it's closer competitors.

It's neither here or there and mediocre at everything except maybe grip. :p

Last edited:

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
And yet that LS9 is overall smaller, lighter, more power dense, and can be mounted lower and further back towards the centerline than the mod motor. It sucks for sure.

Most of your post was ok until this little retarded part. So much fail it it.:nonono:

They both have their pros and cons.
no where did i say lsx engines suck. dont put words in my mouth i hate that online. i agree they have pros and cons and i said i would drive a c6 z06 i owned a 96 camaro ss slp for crying outloud but i mean really a 6.2 with same displacement blower and still makes less then a 5.8 with same blower size doesnt make sense to me and the engine may be lighter cause it is built with better components. what is the weight of the zr1 ls9 engine and 13 gt500 5.8? links please

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
no where did i say lsx engines suck. dont put words in my mouth i hate that online. i agree they have pros and cons and i said i would drive a c6 z06 i owned a 96 camaro ss slp for crying outloud but i mean really a 6.2 with same displacement blower and still makes less then a 5.8 with same blower size doesnt make sense to me and the engine may be lighter cause it is built with better components. what is the weight of the zr1 ls9 engine and 13 gt500 5.8? links please

The LS9 is 530#, and the 5.8 Mod is roughly 650#.

Even though they share the same size TVS, blower rpm would influence the HP more than a measly 25ci. If I had to make an educated guess, I would bet the GT500 TVS is spun faster.

6.0GTO

Established Member
The LS9 is 530#, and the 5.8 Mod is roughly 650#.

Even though they share the same size TVS, blower rpm would influence the HP more than a measly 25ci. If I had to make an educated guess, I would bet the GT500 TVS is spun faster.

Your probably right. The ZR1 with more restrictive flowing heads is at 10.5 psi and the GT500 with superior flowing heads is at 14 psi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread