Koenigsegg 4v modular-I had no idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Apparently most us of here could be Koenigsegg mechanics lol

"The Koenigsegg CCR used a modified, Rotrex supercharged Ford Modular 4-valve DOHC 4.6L V8, which produced 806 hp (601 kW), to achieve a top speed of 241 mph (388 km/h). This certified top speed was recorded on February 28, 2005 in Nardo, Italy and broke the McLaren F1's world record for fastest production car.[55] The accomplishment was recognized by Guinness World Records in 2005, who gave the Koenigsegg CCR the official title of World's Fastest Production Car. The Koenigsegg record was broken several months later by the Bugatti Veyron. This engine is the basis for Koenigsegg's twin-supercharged flexible fuel V8 seen in the CCX."
here's a pic of a newer turbo version
Geneva_MotorShow_2013_-_Koenigsegg_Agera_S_Hundra_motor_1_zps6b2a3d17.jpg

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I want those cam covers and front timing cover that would be sick!

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
The frist gen used a block streight from ford, now it is a completely custom block, based off the 4V mod motor, but completely engineered and custom to Koenigsegg.

Blakonblak94

Wishin it was SVT
Established Member
If I recall correctly, the motor is actually utilized as framework in the car. Notice the "motor plate" on the backside of the motor.

coposrv

Established Member
The frist gen used a block streight from ford, now it is a completely custom block, based off the 4V mod motor, but completely engineered and custom to Koenigsegg.

Exactly. They originally used ford stuff now its just basically the ford architecture.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I believe the block actually came from Teksid, who also made the blocks for Ford.

Digital

Established Member
Ya the block they used had as much in common with our block as the FORD GT and the lightning.

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
This is an old car and old engine. Koenigsegg doesn't use the Ford engine architecture (4.7 or 4.8L) any more. The last of that generation was the CCXR. The current Agera uses a 5.0L V8.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
This is an old car and old engine. Koenigsegg doesn't use the Ford engine architecture (4.7 or 4.8L) any more. The last of that generation was the CCXR. The current Agera uses a 5.0L V8.

isn't the 5.0L block share similarities with Ford 5.0L block. Its amazing that displacement didn't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread