Knock sensors (Good/important information)

01cobrajm

Established Member
Turn them off and a splash race gas= no detination and no worries of bad gas, im turbo'd so race gas is cheap insurance to.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Knock sensors are a good thing!.. I use them on almost every car i tune on, I just recalibrate the acceptable backround noise for cars that need it.

Not every car needs them turned off, in fact its very few cars that have combos that need them turned off. If you tuner has the knowledge to do it you'll probably have to offer them extra money because I will say that it is definately something that takes some time to do unless multiplying by a ballpark percentage is acceptable and just multiply all the sensitivity tables. I like using keeping the knock sensors active because it ensures my clients they can keep beating on their vehicles and not worry about a timing issue. So when the bad tank of gas does come and your loud exhaust drowns out any audible knocks you probably wont hear, especially on blower cars you engine will live well past that tank of fuel, you'll just notice the damn thing got slower for that fill.

EDIT: If your car is in disrepair or you have a PD blower, you should either fix your car or relocate your knock sensors to the outside of the block..
Hi Josh this is CJ you helped put my white 99 Cobra together, remember me?
Welcome to SVTP, the best Cobra forum on the Net..
Getting ready to install the Vortech this fall, SO who should tune it for me...
You or Brian?? Looking for a safe powerful setup to import through the Predator, I know your reputation is Strong with Diablo software!:beer:
Are you still driving the Mach1?

Last edited:

JLevin

Established Member
Hi Josh this is CJ you helped put my white 99 Cobra together, remember me?
Welcome to SVTP, the best Cobra forum on the Net..
Getting ready to install the Vortech this fall, SO who should tune it for me...
You or Brian?? Looking for a safe powerful setup to import through the Predator, I know your reputation is Strong with Diablo software!:beer:
Are you still driving the Mach1?

Up to you who tunes your car, but as always I will be willing to help with any anything you may need.

Still in the Mach..

Users who are viewing this thread