Killed a coil pack washing the engine

Going by that rationality you should probably never wipe your ass either.;-)

Right, right...because keeping a car's engine bay clean EQUATES to one doing the same with their ass. I love the IQ of the Mustang driver. Arguably the lowest amongst vehicle ownership of any type. :nonono: Its not your fault though. They stopped teaching logic and reasoning in government schools a long time ago.

On a related note, I run open hood vents all your round. The only thing I do is put the heat shield on the filter when washing. And all you really get is a little splash on the battery and coolant reservoir. Nothing a few rags can't handle.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I cut the bottom of my hood vent out so mine are open 24/7. I f*cked up one of my coilpacks a while back washing the engine bay and i will never put water under the hood again.It was such a pain in the ass!! I went to get it tunned and the tunner finally figured it out after dropping the tank,checking the pumps and pulling and gapping the plugs he finally pulled out the aftermarked coilpacks and replaced them with my old stockers (Just glad i brought them with me) and it ran great.It was some wasted money on my part but o well i was just glad to have my car running good again.:rockon:

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Oooo A shot at my intelligence. Why dont you calm down and learn to take a joke instead of being a condescending prick.

Right, right...because keeping a car's engine bay clean EQUATES to one doing the same with their ass. I love the IQ of the Mustang driver. Arguably the lowest amongst vehicle ownership of any type. :nonono: Its not your fault though. They stopped teaching logic and reasoning in government schools a long time ago.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad you fixed your issue quickly.

I have to agree about not spraying down the motor unless it is necessary. Just not worth the risk. I simply wiped mine down after each exterior wash, hitting all the visible areas.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
If you clean it good once, its all about the up keep! I've had the advantage of owning my car since new, so I wipe down the motor alot because I like to pop the hood at local cruise nights. My engine is always clean.

Juruense

Banned
Here is how I clean my engine:

-spray the whole bay down with 303 Aerospace protectant
-drive it for a couple days
-go to wand wash and use soap and then rinse water directly on it
-take it out on the highway and dry it off

Been doing it for two years lost one coil pack so far.

Will keep doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread