Kids?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Married going on 9 years and no kids. Not sure we'll ever have any but not totally opposed to it. A majority of our friends have kids but some of the relationships have faded, and it's not because "we don't get it." Some of them became parent snobs, which I can't stand.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
By the way, for the people who say "we're waiting for when we are ready" ---

You're never really ready for it. Kids don't come with an instruction manual. You'll never have enough money in the bank to feel "ready" because it's a very daunting task at first. It's a big step in life and very large change to your lifestyle. Some people aren't built to accept that responsibility and that is fine. I wish more people would consider thinking about if parenthood is for them or not because there is ALOT of people out there who should not have kids.

But the people who don't want kids because they don't want to share their money and sacrifice your toys you're only jipping yourself of the greatest joy you will ever know for the dumbest of reasons. And you really don't have to sacrifice that much either. I've got TWO Mustangs, we go on more trips now than when it was just the wife and I.

The only things you really lose are the ability to spontaneously get up and go (takes planning to go anywhere with a kiddo) and you lose the ability to be dumb and irresponsible (like street racing). Other than that, kids are just a big PLUS to your life. :)

Exactly! This right here is well said.....

Users who are viewing this thread