Kids?

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Or go skiing, or to a movie, or to dinner, or pretty much anything. My dog is happy to see me when I get home too, but I can leave her alone :)

O.P. Every couple and situation is different. Don't have kids because your friends are. You will slowly begin to stop seeing those friends with kids just because you have separate priorities and they can't go have the fun you can. Doesn't mean you can't be friends, but you won't be as close, but it will allow you to hang out with other people that share your interests and don't have kids. I rarely hang out with my friends that have kids anymore. I'm single and like to do what i want, when I want, and don't feel like scheduling lunch a week out because they don't have time, although my **** buddy has a kid, but she leaves him at her parents when we want to do something together

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Funny, because Kyle and I just went to dinner and a movie a couple of weeks ago. :dw: That's why there are such things as babysitters, so parents can go out once in awhile. You can also do all of the things you stated WITH kids. I went skiing with my mom a ton when I was little. You can do lots of things when you have kids, they make life more fun. Christmas, Halloween and all of the other holidays are SO much better when you can watch their little faces light up. I'd much rather being doing things with my family than wasting money at bars with a bunch of drunks.

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Funny, because Kyle and I just went to dinner and a movie a couple of weeks ago. :dw: That's why there are such things as babysitters, so parents can go out once in awhile. You can also do all of the things you stated WITH kids. I went skiing with my mom a ton when I was little. You can do lots of things when you have kids, they make life more fun. Christmas, Halloween and all of the other holidays are SO much better when you can watch their little faces light up. I'd much rather being doing things with my family than wasting money at bars with a bunch of drunks.

What is with you people and bars? I rarely step foot in a bar or drink? Going to dinner and a movie once every couple months is the most exciting thing you get to do outside the kitchen. As long as you are happy :beer: but that's not for most. Now excuse me while I go chug fishbowls and catch up with old friends :D

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Kids are awesome. I am in a deep depression tonight because I don't have mine and I feel lost and don't know what to do with myself (stayed with aunt last night). There are only a few days out of the year that I end up not having them. It's hard to understand the attachment until you have one.

But there is no need to have kids just to fit in with your friends. The easiest solution is find new friends who don't have kids. You can be happy without them if it's your life style or with them.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
That's not exactly fair Kyle. I mean, I understand what you're saying, I truly do, but how can you enjoy the offspring (no pun intended) of something that you truly don't like the existence of (and not kids period, just kids around yourself for prolonged periods of time)?

You'll never enjoy the adrenaline and win of a street race if you're totally opposed to it from the get-go. :beer:

I don't think you quite understood what I said.

It's not that you're ignorant or dumb for not enjoying someone else's offspring, it's that you'll never fully understand why someone enjoys their children until you have children of your own.

You get that parents love children because you know that's how it's supposed to be, but the full understanding of that bond is unfathomable to those who haven't experienced it.

That's why some people's relationship to couple's who have kids fade. They don't understand why they'd choose hanging out with their kids for the night instead of going to dinner or going out for a night of drinking.

It's hard to explain. Save this thread or these posts and read them once you have kids and then let me know if you understand what I'm saying.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
What is with you people and bars? I rarely step foot in a bar or drink? Going to dinner and a movie once every couple months is the most exciting thing you get to do outside the kitchen. As long as you are happy :beer: but that's not for most. Now excuse me while I go chug fishbowls and catch up with old friends :D

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

The thing is, that I COULD go do things more often if I wanted to. I just don't want to. I like being home. You can't say that's not for most because most people who have kids like to be home with them. It's not for everyone, no, but saying it's not for most is reaching.

Have fun at the Sip N Dip. :)

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I'm 29 and have been married for 8yrs. We don't have any kids which is by choice. We just aren't ready. We really don't hang out with any couples that have children. Mainly it's because none of our close friends have kids either.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
I'd say only have kids if you really want to and are ready and willing. Don't have kids just because it's what all the "cool kids" are doing. Just because someone is married or is a certain age doesn't mean you have to have kids. If that's what you are worried about. besides, friends come and go.

Ace5Oh

Established Member
My goal is to be settled down own a house and then wait a year or two and be settled in and have kids.

Children are great. Even if they aren't yours, you can really come to appreciate and love the children of others. Once you have them, you really see how much more exciting life is and what an incredible blessing they are. They are so much joy to have in your life and you should treasure their company and all the laughter they bring to what sometimes seems like a mundane life.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Children are great. Even if they aren't yours, you can really come to appreciate and love the children of others. Once you have them, you really see how much more exciting life is and what an incredible blessing they are. They are so much joy to have in your life and you should treasure their company and all the laughter they bring to what sometimes seems like a mundane life.

Shit just got deep in heeer.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
My parents neighbors are married and don't want kids. They're late 30's/early 40's.

My room mate and his fiance don't want kids either. They enjoy their dogs.

I wouldn't want kids until I was absolutely ready. I'm 22 and want to get a lot of things out of the way before it was even a thought.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I can see both sides of it. Earlier in life, I was completely against having kids. But life moves on, the things you want and do will change. We waited later than most to have kids. My daughter is 4 now and my wife is pregnant with number two. I'm 38 and my wife is 32.

Now, I can't imagine a life without kids. Coming home to an empty house with no laughter or smiling faces of kids at home seems like a very, very lonely existance. The ONLY regret I have is waiting so long so we could have had more kids since we will probably be limited to two due to our age. They are the greatest joy and blessing you can ever have in your life.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
We got 2 dogs and a cat live in our own house and all. I love kids, I was playing with them on thanksgiving and my brother and his wife are going to have a kid soon. I know they can be a blessing, honestly my parents raised great kids, all successful and everything. Maybe it will change in the future and we will have kids but for now I know we are going to enjoy each other. I would like to have a substantial amount in the bank before kids as well...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
By the way, for the people who say "we're waiting for when we are ready" ---

You're never really ready for it. Kids don't come with an instruction manual. You'll never have enough money in the bank to feel "ready" because it's a very daunting task at first. It's a big step in life and very large change to your lifestyle. Some people aren't built to accept that responsibility and that is fine. I wish more people would consider thinking about if parenthood is for them or not because there is ALOT of people out there who should not have kids.

But the people who don't want kids because they don't want to share their money and sacrifice your toys you're only jipping yourself of the greatest joy you will ever know for the dumbest of reasons. And you really don't have to sacrifice that much either. I've got TWO Mustangs, we go on more trips now than when it was just the wife and I.

The only things you really lose are the ability to spontaneously get up and go (takes planning to go anywhere with a kiddo) and you lose the ability to be dumb and irresponsible (like street racing). Other than that, kids are just a big PLUS to your life. :)

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

You're never really ready for it. Kids don't come with an instruction manual. You'll never have enough money in the bank to feel "ready" because it's a very daunting task at first. It's a big step in life and very large change to your lifestyle. Some people aren't built to accept that responsibility and that is fine. I wish more people would consider thinking about if parenthood is for them or not because there is ALOT of people out there who should not have kids.

But the people who don't want kids because they don't want to share their money and sacrifice your toys you're only jipping yourself of the greatest joy you will ever know for the dumbest of reasons. And you really don't have to sacrifice that much either. I've got TWO Mustangs, we go on more trips now than when it was just the wife and I.

The only things you really lose are the ability to spontaneously get up and go (takes planning to go anywhere with a kiddo) and you lose the ability to be dumb and irresponsible (like street racing). Other than that, kids are just a big PLUS to your life. :)

Well said.:beer:

Juiced 66

Established Member
My wife and I never go out anymore, wherever we go we take our kids. Both of us love our family and would rather spend all our time with our kids than spend time going out with friends. My wife got invited by all her girlfriends to go out bar hopping tonight for the first time in about a year. They always have girls night out, but rarely ever invite her anymore because she just doesn't want to go. She says she's outgrown the whole bar scene and would rather stay home and put up Christmas decorations with our kiddos. When I go to the track, or go for a cruise in the car etc.. I've always got at least one of my kids with me. Untill a person becomes a parent they can't understand.

Juiced 66

Established Member

Exactly

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
I'm 33 without kids. Married.

I'd say about half of my friends have kids and we all make it work, well more like their wives watch the kids so we can all hang out, and vice versa.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
A person without kids will never understand the attachment between a parent and their child until they have one of their own. The things I would do, put up with, or live without, for my children, I don't expect a non parent to understand.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Earlier I had some friends over my house who are married with a 7 month old. I would say if any distance comes between my friends with kids it's because I stop seeing them due to the constant nagging for me to have kids.

I have 0 interest in children. It's nothing about money, I have enough money already to raise one. The reality to me is you have a baby and hope it's healthy. If it's not physically or mentally healthy you're in for a life of hell. If it is healthy you've got about a 50/50 chance of that kid not growing up to be some shit head loser. Nurture can't always cancel out nature. And if you do raise a great kid the odds that you really will know who they are when they're older will be against you because they'll most likely filter out parts of their lives they don't want you to know about. When I think about all the pros and cons I just can't see it. When I start to find my own life boring then maybe I'll consider having one.

I think we need to regulate who has kids and how many in this country because as it is those of lowest intelligence and education are having the most children. While the brightest and most educated are having the least. In the long run that will bring us to this. Idiocracy - trailer - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread