Kids?

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
are any of you guys married and don't have kids?

What kind of relationships do you have with your friends that have kids?

I'm 26 and married and my wife and I aren't to keen on the idea but are worried that out friends will start to grow apart.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
24 with twin 3 year old boys and a 7 month old girl.

Your friendships with those who have kids will probably strengthen as you have someone to relate to. You can talk about parenting and so forth.

Your friendships with those who don't may fade a little. Many of them don't understand that you can't just drop what you want to go out for a night of drinking, and they don't understand a parent's desire to actually spend time with kids.

Those without kids will never understand what it's like to have kids until they do. They can speculate and make observations all they want, but life is 100% different when you have kids, and that's hard to understand.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

Your friendships with those who have kids will probably strengthen as you have someone to relate to. You can talk about parenting and so forth.

Your friendships with those who don't may fade a little. Many of them don't understand that you can't just drop what you want to go out for a night of drinking, and they don't understand a parent's desire to actually spend time with kids.

Those without kids will never understand what it's like to have kids until they do. They can speculate and make observations all they want, but life is 100% different when you have kids, and that's hard to understand.

Shit just got Dr. Phil up in here yawl.

WildFifty

Established Member
My wife and I are around your age too. We have no intentions of having kids. At least not in the immediate future. Something will really have to change drastically in the world for us to consider it.

I get along with my friends that have kids, but like fordracer said, the relationship begins to fade.

You simply won’t have the time to keep friends around.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member

This. I have 2 boys, 5 and 3. I'm fortunate enough to have some of my married friends without kids who understand the life change required and are still close with some of them. But they put forth the effort to hang out with me when I couldn't go out lol.

JPD5801

Established Member
are any of you guys married and don't have kids?

What kind of relationships do you have with your friends that have kids?

I'm 26 and married and my wife and I aren't to keen on the idea but are worried that out friends will start to grow apart.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

My wife and I are 28, no kids yet. We've really grown apart from our friends that have kids.

We want kids soon, so I'm sure that will change again.

Kiohtee

Established Member
My wife and I are both 20. Four of the six couples we hang out with regularly have at least one kid. None of our relationships have faltered in the least, but that's because we actually understand their perspective and situation. We'll usually hang out at their places or do something kid friendly (the not kid friendly activities just wait).

And FWIW, these have been very long term friends and we're still developing relationships with other couples (kid(s) or not).

canibus

Established Member
It's called life. You get to a point where certain things take priority over others. Your friends with kids have demoted you.

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
26 Divorced 1 child but prior to that relationships with our friends did not suffer they understood.

I prefer to have 3 very close friends than 8 semi close ones.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
No kids here as well. I just don't like kids and don't have the patience to raise them. I have enough when my brother leaves his kids with me. I can't imagine being with them everyday.:uh oh:

I like to be active, going out to run,parks have fun etc. I also enjoy my two seater cars too much to trade them in for a van:p

In a nutshell I would be miserable with kids. Are you thinking of having kids just to be accepted or you just want kids?

hoamskilet

Established Member

this is spot on

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
No kids here as well. I just don't like kids and don't have the patience to raise them. I have enough when my brother leaves his kids with me. I can't imagine being with them everyday.:uh oh:

This I exactly what I mean. You don't have kids yourself so you don't understand how being with them all the time is better than being away from them.

Coming home to see my little girl smile because she's happy to see me and my boys bouncing around because daddy is home is one of the best feeling in the world.

Non parents won't understand until they have kids. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But it does get difficult when your friends don't get why you can't just drop everything and go have beers, or when you'd rather play with your kiddos than go to the bars on a Friday night

Last edited:

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Neither of us really want kids. We have some friends that are starting their venture with kids but I would rather hang out with the kids for a few hours rather than be around them all day. I have no need or want to hold our one friends kid. I also know that things could change but we don't really want to wait too terribly long if we do decide to have kids. Right now I'm leaning more towards the not at all but we will see. We have no problem hanging out with our friends that have kids and plan kid friendly activities but these kids are infants so it doesn't really matter. Going out on the town isnt our thing so that's not the worry. We run around with only a few couples regularly because we all kind of scattered. When we can we hang out with our friends from out of town though... Are there any regrets with not having kids for those of you in that position?

Kiohtee

Established Member
This I exactly what I mean. You don't have kids yourself so you don't understand how being with them all the time is better than being away from them.

Coming home to see my little girl smile because she's happy to see me and my boys bouncing around because daddy is home is one of the best feeling in the world.

Non parents won't understand until they have kids. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But it does get difficult when your friends don't get why you can't just drop everything and go have beers, or when you'd rather play with your kiddos than go to the bars on a Friday night

That's not exactly fair Kyle. I mean, I understand what you're saying, I truly do, but how can you enjoy the offspring (no pun intended) of something that you truly don't like the existence of (and not kids period, just kids around yourself for prolonged periods of time)?

You'll never enjoy the adrenaline and win of a street race if you're totally opposed to it from the get-go. :beer:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member

Or go skiing, or to a movie, or to dinner, or pretty much anything. My dog is happy to see me when I get home too, but I can leave her alone :)

O.P. Every couple and situation is different. Don't have kids because your friends are. You will slowly begin to stop seeing those friends with kids just because you have separate priorities and they can't go have the fun you can. Doesn't mean you can't be friends, but you won't be as close, but it will allow you to hang out with other people that share your interests and don't have kids. I rarely hang out with my friends that have kids anymore. I'm single and like to do what i want, when I want, and don't feel like scheduling lunch a week out because they don't have time, although my **** buddy has a kid, but she leaves him at her parents when we want to do something together

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

ItsReal93

Established Member
I don't have kids but I actually enjoy my friends who have kids and families more than the ones that xlnt. They are way more mature, and in better places, and know what's important. versus the single friends who are more into drama, and all that stupid crap.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
My group of friends is a mixture of both, we don't have kids but will be starting in a years time God willing. We all seem to get along well but it seems the wives stay home and the guys all still go out so it's perfect now lol.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
My wife and I were married for 16 1/2 years before our daughter was born. We were the ones always taking care of all of our friends and families kids when they needed someone to watch them. Now all I care about is watching over my daughter. Who is watching me type this. Always make a child a friend. You may be able to teach them something that they will remember and use later in life.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member

Well stated right. Those who don't have kids just don't get it.

Shit just got Dr. Phil up in here yawl.

:lol:...

I like to be active, going out to run,parks have fun etc. I also enjoy my two seater cars too much to trade them in for a van:p

In a nutshell I would be miserable with kids. Are you thinking of having kids just to be accepted or you just want kids?

Its completely different when you have your own kids. Never judge being around someone else's kids as being the marker for their fulltime behavior.
I LOVE coming home after a terrible days work and look at my daughters smiling faces! Turns a Shity day good in a hurry.
And who says you have to get rid of the two seater? :shrug:

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm married and my wife is 33 and I'm 32. We don't have any kids and not sure if we ever will. I enjoy the lifestyle of doing what I want and when I want. I have a few friends that have kids and don't get to see them much. It may sound selfish but I like spending money on myself. Kids are expensive, though if I did have one I would be blessed and thankful. I like buying whatever I want without my wife questioning me! That would have to change if kids were in the mix. Kids can also change the relationship of husband and wife, I've seen this all too often.

Users who are viewing this thread