Kids break into Lime Rock last night - 1 transported by helicopter for injuries

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
5 kids broke into Lime Rock Park and took go carts onto the main track, 2 of the kids (15 years old) crashed at the Pit entry. So I can only presume they crashed into the wall.

From what I gather. State police, the fire dept, medical personnel, and 2 helicopters were called in.
The karts the kids stole are from a 3rd party who was having an event there and can do up to 50 mph. So far I do not think they were wearing helmets.

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/what-the-hell-happened-at-lime-rock-park-last-night-1725310277

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/lime-rock-park-endurance-karting-crash-break-in-082015

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/lime-rock-karts-crash-teens-flown-to-hospital-1725265287

Last edited:

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
In this day and age. That is sadly true.

They will sue them for having the helmets locked up. Or for not having enough security.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
great...bet the parents try to sue Lime Rock and Endurance Karting.

Yep, because personal accountability means jack shit these days.

They should be fined and serve whatever time for breaking and entering/trespassing, and not only that, but pay back all the cost of the rescue/emergency personell required to come to their aid.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Ya'll are ridiculous, they aint suing and winning. If anything the company should sue for repairs of whatever was/is damaged.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
In this litigious country anyone can file a suit for anything, doesn't matter if the case has merit or not. Now actually winning the suit is another matter. If they were to file a suit, they may cite attractive nuisance law.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

They should be fined and serve whatever time for breaking and entering/trespassing, and not only that, but pay back all the cost of the rescue/emergency personell required to come to their aid.

completely agree, its a sad state of affairs.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Stupid to do, but I bet it was extremely fun right up to it all hitting the fan.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
1.) Not surprising but I lack compassion and empathy for all those kids (and parents) involved.
2.) If a suit is brought in court, I'd counter on the grounds of being unfit parents who raised morons.
3.) Karma is a bitch.

Sn95Snake

Established Member

Agree with this 100%, I will not be surprised what so ever if it goes the other way though....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Local news report. The punishment will be likely be minimal since they are minors. I would hope that the parents will have to pay for the damaged go karts, but........that hope is a sliver.

SALISBURY- Two juveniles were hurt Wednesday night after stealing unsecured go-karts at Lime Rock Race Track.

According to state police, several youths trespassed on the track after hours, drove them from one part of the property to the other, and began driving them on the race track. A juvenile 15-year-old male operating one cart collided with another cart operated by a 15-year-old juvenile female in darkness in the entrance to the track's "pit in" area. The male suffered arm and head injuries and was taken to Sharon Hospital by Salisbury Ambulance. The female suffered head injuries and was taken by Lifestar Helicopter to Hartford Hospital. Both were wearing helmets. As many as five youths were operating five karts and found three helmets to wear.

The teenagers names were not made public because they could face charges following an investigation and would be prosecuted behind closed doors in juvenile court.

Users who are viewing this thread