Kid drag racing Mustang kills mother, toddler not expected to live

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I am pretty confident the person driving the mustang did not go out and buy that car with his own money, I'm sure his parents bought him the car. Maybe he suffers from affluenza which brought on a complete disregard for the safety of others.

You know, I would have never gone for this when I was 17, but with how fast cars are getting these days, maybe its time we start acting like other countries and limit what younger drivers can drive by horsepower rating or cylinder count.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Im pretty sure just because your actions didn’t have the same consequence, doesn’t mean you haven’t had like actions.

Again, I have never put innocent bystanders at risk of injury or death to prove just how fast (or not) my car is. That's BS.

7upstang

Established Member
I am pretty confident the person driving the mustang did not go out and buy that car with his own money, I'm sure his parents bought him the car. Maybe he suffers from affluenza which brought on a complete disregard for the safety of others.

You know, I would have never gone for this when I was 17, but with how fast cars are getting these days, maybe its time we start acting like other countries and limit what younger drivers can drive by horsepower rating or cylinder count.
So more laws will help this situation?
They were street racing, law broken.
Speeding, law broken.
Reckless driving, law broken.

The number of cylinders or horsepower was not a factor. This would have happened with two drivers in Kia Souls, this was 100% both the drivers fault.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That road is dangerous on good days. Now they are dropping the speed limit from 40 to 35. Really? Spped bumps before pedestrian crossing would be a better option. Not sure what else would work besides pedestrian crossing overs.

blk02edge

Established Member
I saw one mention of "high rate of speed and multiple lane changes." So perhaps this wasn't a full 1320 pass with someone flagging. Maybe it was one tried to pass the other, who increased speed, the other did, one had to break for a slow car, both went around, one passes the other....and there's a mother and child crossing the road as the car is doing 80 in a 40 or whatever it is.

I'm 100% sure a few cars stopped and said roughly, "Those two asshole went flying past me at double the speed limit."
That is basically the description of racing

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member

I bought a 96 Cobra when I was 15.

Never killed anyone. We had an old straight flat road outside of town that you could just see for miles.

There's a time and a place for this stuff. People need to raise their kids better.

More laws won't solve a ****ing thing.

paluka21

Established Member
That road is dangerous on good days. Now they are dropping the speed limit from 40 to 35. Really? Spped bumps before pedestrian crossing would be a better option. Not sure what else would work besides pedestrian crossing overs.

Or like we have in school zones; speed cameras. They're controversial, but they do get people to slow down.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Raced ur car against someone else in an area that isn't 100% safe..... really uve never done that before ever in ur life. I find that hard to believe. The killing someone is the end result.

Thats like saying "Ive never killed anyone while drinking and driving". No maybe u haven't but most have surely driven over the legal limit putting others at risk numerous times in their life and no has been killed as a result.

No different then lining up against someone else and losing control of their vehicle. Yea I'm sure NO ONE EVER IN THEIR LIFE lined up against someone and let in rip in an area they shudnt be racing lol never I'm sure! Gimme a ****ing break! As an ADULT maybe u have more commons sense but as a kid we ALL did stupid things like this with out fast cars.

Killed someone?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Oh please bro..... uve never lined up against someone else in ur life and let it rip? Never? I call that BS! Lets not confuse "Street Racing" with lining up against someone else at a light and letting it rip. Are u really gonna sit here and tell me uve never done that before? Really?

People didn't stop the hi way and line up with a flagger and race down the hi way THAT is street racing. Letting it rip at a light against another car is done every day so lets cut the righteous BS here huh!

So never in ur life have u sped down the road where u shouldn't have? Really? never huh? wow thats amazing bro!:rolleyes:

Ah yes a LEO condoning street racing is the epitome of common sense.

Is this the twilight zone?

Kiohtee

Established Member
There is no justifying this. Period.

Yes, I've street raced. Yes, I have a son (about this poor kid's age). Yes, I will do it again. Calculated risks. The difference between how I do it and how they do it are night and day, literally. If you are going to elect to street race, you absolutely can't do it with traffic around, much less foot traffic. You don't do it in broad daylight and you also don't do it where you would be putting anyone unwilling in a compromising situation. This is common sense and goes back to my initial post of "time and place, time and place."

Also, I believe I read another article where the child has passed. :( Also also, all the above information is in no way serious, just expressed like so to make a point. Illegal is illegal no matter one dices it.

Users who are viewing this thread