Kicked out of the garage...

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
So, I am about to get kicked out of the garage and it looks like the Shelby will most likely have to spend the nights outside. Wife wants the warm spot, no surprise there am I rite? I live a little inland from Charleston, Sc. so the temps can get down in the teens. My question is - how serious is this 'don't store the tires below 40 degrees' situation? I do not plan on driving the car below 50 degrees, but I'm sure the car will be driven over the winter. The car will not have to sit for months at a time. What am I really looking at here, anyone had their tires damaged?

Side note, recommendations for an outdoor style all weather car cover? I've seen plenty of recommendations for inside dust cover style car covers.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Lol my cobra and raptor are in the garage. My wife wouldn't dream of asking that to change just because it might get cold. Time for a new more car friendly wife imo

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I left my Viper outside for a month. I am sure the Shelby will be able to manage.....

A dealer near me has his inventory of Shelby GT500s outside, even in the snow.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
lol.. It was part of the deal I made to get the car into the garage. Do I really gotta get all the other shit outta my garage? I kinda like having my boat stuff close at hand. And the boat I will be using for sure this winter... that I can do cold or not. Plus my tools and yard chemicals.
I can say how glad I am I didn't post this in smack down tho.. that's for sure.:burn:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Grow a pair and tell her to pound sand.. NO way in hell out my wife ever ask that.. The garage is to a man, like a kitchen is to a woman.. Somethings you just don't ask lol.

Colleton

Established Member
Bought the Shelby yesterday and immediately kicked the wife's ST to the curb (driveway actually, and she went willingly, but "kicked to the curb" sounds better).

If she had a better car I'd let her have the garage, but she'd need an FGT for that to happen. :)

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
It doesn't get that cold down there so on cold days just drive easy till they warm up you will be okay from just north of you :)

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
lol.. It was part of the deal I made to get the car into the garage. Do I really gotta get all the other shit outta my garage? I kinda like having my boat stuff close at hand. And the boat I will be using for sure this winter... that I can do cold or not. Plus my tools and yard chemicals.
I can say how glad I am I didn't post this in smack down tho.. that's for sure.:burn:

Move that junk into a shed. No reason to let a $50,000 car sit outside so you can keep $500 worth of random stuff in the garage. Priorities.

Just get out and warm her car up for her everyday. Problem solved.

My Dad still does that for my Mom every morning.

Zemedici

Established Member
+1 on warming the car up for her, or remote start.

My girl knows better than to ask that...and I drive a 'measly' 04 cobra :lol:

dom418

Established Member
No way in hell would I let that car sit outside, too much of a risk of something happening to it. Hail, vandalism, theft, etc

freakshow12

Established Member
I understand the op's problem. She gets the warm spot or he does not! Lol. I have a decent 2 car garage and it houses 2 of my cars, my 200hp winter weapon and a golf cart. The f150 sits outside. I start it for her on my way out. Understanding lady my wife is

reason4treason

Established Member
it sounds like you guys chose to split the space 50/50 which is 100% reasonable and you could use your half however you choose. you chose to put boat, tools and garden chemicals in your half rather than your Shelby. seems like she benefits from garden stuff, and unless the tools are primarily for your toys, she benefits from those too. you've already been using her half up until the cold weather arrives. and if she benefits from tools and garden chemicals in your half, you've already gotten 'paid' for the tool/chemical space usage by using her half for the Shelby before the cold weather time of year.

if the majority of your half of the space is the boat, and this is a deal you already struck, you could ask to use her half too, but i'm not seeing where she's so terribly at fault if she doesn't want to have to come out in the morning to scraping frost and an icebox for a car. all this assumes you guys are equal contributors to the household and that can mean more than just monetarily. whether male or female, nobody should be treated unfairly. I don't see where she's being so unfair. you kicked yourself out by the way you use your space.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread