Kicked out of the garage...

reason4treason

Established Member
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Treat your wife with love and respect in all areas of your happy life!
Thanks,
Ken

aren't you the guy who was paying something like $500 per month for parking in NYC? how's that working out?

seems like for most people, storage isn't any problem but for some others it's actually a sizeable concern

paluka21

Established Member
I would not be very happy about parking outside, although wanting to be courteous to the wife, it would still be tough. I think in the end, if she's worried about starting the car up in the cold weather and putting kids in the car when it's cold out, just do your best to get out there and warm the car up for her before hand.
With a two car garage, clear everything out you can so ~both~ vehicles can be parked in the garage instead of having to sacrifice one car or the other. As I mention later, since you have HOA limitations with no sheds allowed, do they permit a children's "playhouse?" If they do, one of these may be an option for the backyard to store your equipment in. However, you may hae to look into having double doors installed on the back instead of a single.
http://www.cedarshed.com/images2011/sheds/kids-playhouse-kits.jpg
If folks in your neighborhood have kids playground equipment or small playhouses, it would be tough for an HOA to discriminate against a qualified playhouse such as this.
I'm lucky, in that I have a three car garage so I don't have to worry too much about garage space. I keep the snow blower, lawn tractor, and other yard related tools out back in a "cottage" I had built similar to the above. When we had an additional car that was used for beating around town in, or semi-commuting to work, I let it sit outside in a parking spot despite the wife not liking it too much because she would drive it from time to time and let her SUV sit parked in the garage.

Last edited:

lvxlr8n

Established Member
Gotta keep the wife happy. Happy wife is a happy home lol. My wife also doesn't want her car outside, even tho she has remote start etc. However 4 cars fit in our garage so I don't need to worry.

ttk53

Established Member
All I read was Charleston, Sc and Cold. LOL She has no idea what cold is my car coming out of the garage is probably colder then her car would be sitting out side.

Myfast70

Established Member
lol.. I'm taking a beating for honoring my commitment?

It's not a boat in the second bay of the garage, it's tools, garbage cans, yard equipment, bikes, mower, and my fishing stuff like electronics, trolling motor, cooler, and rods. The boat is in storage because my HOA doesn't allow it in the driveway/ street. There's no way I'm leaving over $5k worth of stuff on the boat that can be unhooked an taken. My flats boat wouldn't fit in my garage.
btw, I actually drive my car so it's outside all the time. And I'm sure I put it through a lot worse out on the street that what it would experience sitting in my driveway under a nice cover. This car is not a garage queen sorry. Over 6k miles since May. I bought this car to drive the **** out of it, if I'd have gotten a 68 Shelby it would be a different story.
I'm gonna check into the storage place right up the street. Told my wife about the responses I got to this thread and she laughed and said "holy shit if it's that big of a deal you can have the garage, I don't care that much." My reply - "I don't either." I've got plenty of balls, I just don't feel the need to pull them out all the time to prove it.:beer:

You're the one that started the thread stating that you got kicked out of the garage :??::??:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Cliff notes:
1. part about getting kicked out of the garage was posted for the lolz.
2. lolz became focus instead of the question.
3. op ** * ******.
3. question answered. (thank you again)
4. lolz still focus.
5. lolz still focus.
6. Wife caves to pressure of svtp and says it's not a big deal.
7. lolz still focus.
8. op ** ***** * ******.
9. :beer:
10. possibilities explored, storage becomes possibility.
11. lolz still focus :shrug:
12. op goes fishing, catches fish, comes home and drives car in rain then parks in garage, :dancenana::dancenana:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Cliff notes:
3. op ** * ******.
4. lolz still focus.
5. lolz still focus.
7. lolz still focus.
8. op ** ***** * ******.
12. op goes fishing, catches fish, comes home and drives car in rain then parks in garage, :dancenana::dancenana:

So....... we won???? :banana: :pepper: :dancenana: :coolman: :rockon: :D

rwboring

Established Member
Cliff notes:
3. op ** * ******.
4. lolz still focus.
5. lolz still focus.
7. lolz still focus.
8. op ** ***** * ******.

Theme song to this thread... Brad Paisley- I'm gonna miss her...

"well i love her, but I..."

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
lol.. nah she's not mad. It just wasn't really a big deal for either of us. I didn't get a chance to go by today but I'm still going to look into a storage spot. There's a place right up the street that is pretty nice. If its too cold to drive the shelby I can put it in the storage place and use my truck. If it's warm enough to drive I'll park it in the garage and she can park outside.
I might look into the remote start for her car. I didn't put one on the shelby because I didn't figure I'd be driving it if it were that cold. Same reason I was ok with the Recaros over the base seats(heated). That way she can knock the frost off without going outside. drinks all around!
I definitely learned to be careful opening myself up to ridicule around here tho... harsh crowd gave me the :poke:

Husky44

Established Member
To your original question about tires: I know what all the bulletins say, and if you want to go by the book, then stop reading here.

I bought my car in Sep 2013 when I lived in AK. My car was in a heated garage, but DD'ed it until the snow fell, and then again in the spring when the roads were clear. That meant that although my tires were warm in the morning, during the day they sat in temps as low as low 20's while in the parking lot at work. I had no issues with cracking, but I paid attention and warmed them up gently. I only got about 12k out of my GYs before I wore them out. If I were you, I'd save the money you'd spend on a storage unit for new rubber in the spring, and park outside.

Congrats on having an awesome wife and marriage, BTW.

Poppacapp

Established Member
lol.. nah she's not mad. It just wasn't really a big deal for either of us. I didn't get a chance to go by today but I'm still going to look into a storage spot. There's a place right up the street that is pretty nice. If its too cold to drive the shelby I can put it in the storage place and use my truck. If it's warm enough to drive I'll park it in the garage and she can park outside.
I might look into the remote start for her car. I didn't put one on the shelby because I didn't figure I'd be driving it if it were that cold. Same reason I was ok with the Recaros over the base seats(heated). That way she can knock the frost off without going outside. drinks all around!
I definitely learned to be careful opening myself up to ridicule around here tho... harsh crowd gave me the :poke:

Its all in good fun man. Sometimes have to have thick skin on this site. :beer:

stangposse

Established Member
Haha.....I thought of you Jay the second I read this thread.

If I had a wife as cool as Jen I'd probably give in and park it outside if it meant that much.....HOWEVER, part of what makes Jen so cool is that she would probably never consider asking in the first place because she totally gets it. Funny how that works.

OP, good luck. In order to properly assess your situation, a pic of wife should be posted. :rockon:

Shit...not happening in my house. I have a two bay garage and 1 is empty...her BMW still sits outside in the driveway....MY GARAGE!

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Its all in good fun man. Sometimes have to have thick skin on this site. :beer:
As soon as I posted the cliff notes I was all oh shit I left the door open for - 'The only reason your lame ass got to park in the garage was your wife wasn't home!! sissy op!!' hahaha Now that I've posted about it the statute of limitations has run out! :beer:

I do plan on getting some new rubber in the spring and now that I've seen that Cobra ^^ I'm leaning back towards black wheels as opposed to polished. :rockon:

lol.. no pics of the wife! pics of car, boat, pool, girlfriend, truck, or pine needles in driveway.. but no pics of anybody other than myself without said person's permission and there's zero chance she allows me to post her picture. How about this cool ass sunrise from this morning. sorry it's a cell phone pic

2013-10-28_07-25-19_HDR~01.jpg

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Haha.....I thought of you Jay the second I read this thread.

If I had a wife as cool as Jen I'd probably give in and park it outside if it meant that much.....HOWEVER, part of what makes Jen so cool is that she would probably never consider asking in the first place because she totally gets it. Funny how that works.

OP, good luck. In order to properly assess your situation, a pic of wife should be posted. :rockon:

LOL..atleast guys know im not just keyboard thumping...I really roll like I said...hahaha:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread