Khan's Gay Debate

CV355

_
Established Member
Would genetically predisposed from birth not be considered natural?

It becomes a battle of semantics. Some birth defects are natural, others are not. And no, I'm not comparing alternative lifestyles to birth defects.

In all honesty, I think there are WAY larger issues on this planet than two dudes liking each other.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Normal (adj.)
1. conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

Natural (adj.)
1. existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind.

Homosexuality is neither Normal or Natural.

The only way there is discussion or debate is by changing or contorting the definition of the word. And this is how progressives artifcially “support” thier arguments.

CV355

_
Established Member
Just some observations:

1) Nobody has said they hated gays in this thread (and I don't believe anybody in here does)
2) The issue seems to be with the militants who politicize their sexuality and the media glorifying them, not the individuals who maintain privacy in their lives

Carry on

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Normal - ( on my Kenmore washer ) - a setting between heavy & perm press.
Normal - ( on my Kenmore dryer ) - a setting between towels & perm press.

Machdup1

Established Member
Here is my my .02. So if your are a guy and you want to suck a dick, suck a dick. So long as it is not my dick, there isn’t a problem.

In America you can do what you want, with whom you want so long as it is legal.

Also in America, anyone can judge you any way they want within the limits of the law.

So you do you, I’ll do me and we can both say and think what we want. I’ll treat you just like I treat everyone else, with distrust, scorn and derision.

Now shut the **** up and quit your Goddamn crying. I’m sick of your sniveling.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
It becomes a battle of semantics. Some birth defects are natural, others are not. And no, I'm not comparing alternative lifestyles to birth defects.

In all honesty, I think there are WAY larger issues on this planet than two dudes liking each other.
Semantics how? Are some birth defects not considered natural?
Given the below definition I think one could make the argument it is natural. If the genetic statement were proven factual.

I wouldn't twist your to say you making the comparison. That would be disingenuous and not beneficial to further the conversation. Especially considering the source.
Normal (adj.)
1. conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

Natural (adj.)
1. existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind.

Homosexuality is neither Normal or Natural.

The only way there is discussion or debate is by changing or contorting the definition of the word. And this is how progressives artifcially “support” thier arguments.
For the specific born with a genetic predisposition how would it not be considered natural? Given the definition, if someone was born with (assuming there was no mad scientist injecting homosexual DNA into the womb of the mother during pregnancy) some genetics that made them gay, how would that not be considered natural?

For the record: I dont think people are born with genetic predisposition towards homosexuality. I do find the premise of born with / genetics and not being natural interesting. Since an open forum conversation was requested I figured I would ask.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Perhaps it's better to describe it as a phenomena, if you believe people are gay from birth.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
It's not semantics to say mental disorders are (or at least can be) natural. I thought it was pretty factual.?.?.

Depends on if you want to debate about mental disorders or even birth defects being caused by natural means or not. We are delving deeper into the topic where opinion ends and explanations I'm not qualified for begin

Edit: are serial killers genetically predisposed? No one knows, but it's kind of along the same lines

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Semantics how? Are some birth defects not considered natural?
Given the below definition I think one could make the argument it is natural. If the genetic statement were proven factual.

I wouldn't twist your to say you making the comparison. That would be disingenuous and not beneficial to further the conversation. Especially considering the source. For the specific born with a genetic predisposition how would it not be considered natural? Given the definition, if someone was born with (assuming there was no mad scientist injecting homosexual DNA into the womb of the mother during pregnancy) some genetics that made them gay, how would that not be considered natural?

For the record: I dont think people are born with genetic predisposition towards homosexuality. I do find the premise of born with / genetics and not being natural interesting. Since an open forum conversation was requested I figured I would ask.

The defenition would have to be used within the context of human civility.

Otherwise, killing, incest, and cannibalism which occur in nature would also be considered okay.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Perfect.

I'll jump in. I've come a long way on my views towards gays, being a conservative in TX that grew up in deep, DEEP red country. I even agree with gay marriage. That said, I think it is unnatural and not normal. I'm not going to hate anyone for it though. As long as what you're doing doesn't infringe on the rights of others, knock your socks off.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Depends on if you want to debate about mental disorders or even birth defects being caused by natural means or not. We are delving deeper into the topic where opinion ends and explanations I'm not qualified for begin

Edit: are serial killers genetically predisposed? No one knows, but it's kind of along the same lines
That's an interesting point. The natural means part.

I vote contrails and vaccines! Lol

I agree it could be considered along the same lines, if proven factual. However, if proven, would you not say the person was naturally a serial killer?

So far the arguments have had pretty negative connotations. So let's put a positive spin on it. If a child was proven to genetically be a genius. Would you not call it naturally smart? Or some of them Kenyans that seem to be fantastic runners. If shown to be due to genetics, would they not be considered natural runners?

The defenition would have to be used within the context of human civility.

Otherwise, killing, incest, and cannibalism which occur in nature would also be considered okay.
Now isn't that starting to argue semantics?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I'll jump in. I've come a long way on my views towards gays, being a conservative in TX that grew up in deep, DEEP red country. I even agree with gay marriage. That said, I think it is unnatural and not normal. I'm not going to hate anyone for it though. As long as what you're doing doesn't infringe on the rights of others, knock your socks off.
Could not agree more. I couldn’t care less who you **** or suck. Just don’t be a douche about it and prance around like an effeminate idiot. That’s what aggravates me. Just be a man about it and don’t assume people hate you because they don’t agree with it.

The only time I’ve had an issue with it was when my uncle Steve tried shoving it down my throat as a kid.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
I don’t think so.

Square peg in round hole by design is more natural than homosexual anomalies happening in nature.
As I said before. I don't agree with the premise. So no argument from me on that. (Edit for clarification: the premise of a genetic / predisposition causing homosexuality)

I just hear the two ideas conflated pretty regularly. ie: it's not natural but its also genetics / predisposition from birth in regards to this specific topic. It's always interested me. Remove the specific topic at hand and a lot of people would would say genetics or predisposition from birth could be considered natural. Regardless of normality, morality, or deformity. Only whether human interaction had cause, per the definition.

As TK1299 stated, the arguments could be made for or against the human cause part. Like him, that's way over my pay grade. But its definitely vaccines and chemtrails.

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
A dude likes another dude, I don't care. I mean I really don't care. If you are not robbing or raping, or stealing, or interfering with my life.....I don't care what you do. I don't want you preaching to me though, or demanding I except you. I don't have to do anything. I'll treat you with respect like I would anyone else, and pull my respect when you start acting like a jackass.

I've made a point of not allowing me to be dropped into a group, like "old white guys". In turn, I don't classify people I don't know by dropping them into a group. I might see a guy that I do not know, and can with some certainty determine he is gay, but I don't attribute to some overall value to that guy (good or bad) based just on the fact he seems gay.

I gotta say though, I see a guy mashing with another guy, I am like Euuuuuuuuu. Not for me.

E

Coiled03

Established Member
It is natural, meaning it occurs in nature....quite frequently in fact.

But, that's NOT the same as normal. Normal means - by one definition - it fits in the fat part of the bell curve. No, gays are the tails of the bell curve, and expect people to treat their behavior as if it's not. Simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread