Kenny Brown Cobra Coupe Springs - The Company is done, Moog an option?

RedfireSnake

Established Member
Any new helpful info

All right, anyone have any new information on what is going on? Are the springs actually being manufactured and offered for sale now (for the 03-04 coupes) or exactly where do things stand? Does that company actually have vendors/distributors that have the product on hand for the 03-04 coupes...as well as the matrix system, jacking rails etc? ...other than the v8power website does anyone offer them?

Last edited:

pvteye

Established Member
When I checked in August, there were no springs available at V8Power.. they sent me this, have not heard a word since... also included is info I got from Bishop... they have 99/01 springs, nothing for the 03/04
Yes, made by the same crew. I should have some soon.
They are currently working on them...

Steve Gomez
V8Power.com
[email protected]
Phone 909-992-6604
Fax 909-612-4294

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail looking for 2004 Cobra IRS spring for a convertible. The only set of Cobra springs we have left are the 85240 for the 1999-2001 Cobra Convertible. I know that they will fit, just Kenny had a different spring rate for the fronts as the 03-04 models where a bit heavier in the front.

I can look for a set of specific 03-04 vert cobra if you want or your can use the 99-01 models. I will also make a call today to see exactly how much different the spring rate was between the years.

Thanks again for the e-mail.

Thank you,

Jeff Dann

Bishop Sales Ltd.

1130 West 15th Street

North Vancouver BC

Canada V7P 1M9

Toll Free 1-866-867-8324
talked to Engineered Performance and the 99 rear convertible springs for the IRS car are the same in the 03 kit. The fronts a much softer on the 99 and will make the 03’s nose drop a little more.

They will let me know when there is more available.

Thank you,

Jeff Dann

Ninedown

Established Member
RedfireSnake said:
All right, anyone have any new information on what is going on? Are the springs actually being manufactured and offered for sale now (for the 03-04 coupes) or exactly where do things stand? Does that company actually have vendors/distributors that have the product on hand for the 03-04 coupes...as well as the matrix system, jacking rails etc? ...other than the v8power website does anyone offer them?

I ordered from V8power last month, $389 shipped Lost an inch in the rear & 3/4 inch in the front, it sit's low.

Check thread for pics.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152658&page=12

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
RedfireSnake said:

I bought a complete Extreme Matrix Sub-Frame Brace System from them a couple months ago.

It sounds to me that KB declared for bankruptcy or maybe those rumors about being prosecuted for tax evasion were true? You can still run a buisness without your head honcho. I can't imagine that there isn't a #2 at Kenny Brown that can run the business. Oh well. We still have Maximum Motorsports.

It sounds to me that KB declared for bankruptcy or maybe those rumors about being prosecuted for tax evasion were true? You can still run a buisness without your head honcho. I can't imagine that there isn't a #2 at Kenny Brown that can run the business. Oh well. We still have Maximum Motorsports.

v8steve

Established Member
A word about Engineered Performance. They are the same "KB" people located in the same building, steel supplied by the same vendors, powder coating done by the same company. Exactly the same as "KB", top sales person Rich reopened up under another name to keep things moving. Same stuff without the "KB" sticker. Trust me I was a proud distributor of Kenny Brown parts in the past.

04MC

Established Member
What is the spring rate on those? They're pricey and everyone is having excellent results with H&R race springs, so not sure if spending the extra $$$ would be worth it unless the spring rate suits the Bilsteins better ... more info please.

Users who are viewing this thread