Kenne Bell BAP and Bad Gas Mileage

kaane

Established Member
I had my car tuned with a Paxton Kit GT500 Injectors and Kenne Bell BAP on my 2013 GT 6 speed.

The BAP is wired to be 100% on at all times.

After the tune driveability when cold is less than perfect, a bit of surging and idle issues. When it warms up it drives normal.

Problem is gas mileage is in the 10mpg range. I stomp it once or twice here and there during normal driving, but it should not be this bad. I barely get 150-180 miles on a tank.

I datalogged long term and short term fuel trims. Short term ones are all over the place from .9 to 1.1, long term ones are around 0.86

Anyone else getting bad mileage with BAP? I was thinking of wiring the boost switch, but afraid of lean / rich spots and hesistation during transition.

Can this be tuned out? What else should I log to give more info to the tuner?

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
BAP shouldn't cause that, the PCM will reduce injector duty cycle to maintain commanded AFR.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I had my car tuned with a Paxton Kit GT500 Injectors and Kenne Bell BAP on my 2013 GT 6 speed.

The BAP is wired to be 100% on at all times.

After the tune driveability when cold is less than perfect, a bit of surging and idle issues. When it warms up it drives normal.

Problem is gas mileage is in the 10mpg range. I stomp it once or twice here and there during normal driving, but it should not be this bad. I barely get 150-180 miles on a tank.

I datalogged long term and short term fuel trims. Short term ones are all over the place from .9 to 1.1, long term ones are around 0.86

Anyone else getting bad mileage with BAP? I was thinking of wiring the boost switch, but afraid of lean / rich spots and hesistation during transition.

Can this be tuned out? What else should I log to give more info to the tuner?

Just call and talk to him. BAP will NOT decrease your mileage

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Tune for sure. Who is your tuner? If you don't feel comfortable responding in the forum, please send me a pm.

RFM50

Established Member
Dude I get like 14.5 at the track running full throttle all night. Something is wrong with your tune. Otherwise I can get between 24-26 driving nice.

kaane

Established Member
I also have 3.73 gears. I mostly do city driving, before the supercharger I was getting around 17mpg.

stang910

Established Member
My gas mileage hasn't changed very much from NA, I'm still averaging over 20mpg. Either your WOT everywhere you go or there's an issue with your tune.

Users who are viewing this thread