Keep the Whipple or get a Kenne Bell?

onefastcar

Established Member
that blower is made for built motors . you are not even close to what that blower can be pushed to . i say keep it and start going into the motor to build it up

4.0LCobra

Established Member
Build it up in what way? It has aftermarket pistons. We just ordered race car cams for it and were doing a bigger port on the heads.

Silverboost

Established Member
I don't think that IAT2 temps are an issue for you if you let the car sit for 3 hours and it yielded 8 more horsepower....if anything that is telling me that the blower isn't producing all that much heat....just because it's a huge blower doesn't mean it's going to make huge numbers without having everything else compliment it. You have done everything except for the cams so it's seem like that is the next obvious mod to go to...

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Same question as above.... Who did the heads?

BTW, HP on a dyno means nothing. A dyno is a tuning tool so don't get wrapped up in how much power your car makes. Take it to the track and run it. Thats where you'll gain some bragging rights!

03killersnake

Wh1ppl3d F3d
Established Member
deff keep it, if you have money to buy and install a 2.8 KB all over again. You should do custom cams,maybe even a stroker block, and E85. Thats what I would do.

racebronco2

Established Member
My car has stock block 8:5:1, Stock ported heads, Stock cams, Ross Racing pistons, Kooks LTs, Kooks 3 in off rd x, Bassani CB,Divison X fuel rail, 80lb injectors, Twin 340 stryker pumps, 4.0l whipple with stock 3.50 upper and stock lower.

How many miles on the engine and were the cams degreed, not if the timing marks were lined up. Seems like the cams and or the cam timing is holding you back. I have timed several engines so far. One only had about 50,000 miles on it. Intakes were at 106 degrees cl and the exhausts were at around 122 degrees cl. The overlap is not enough and some of the boost is going out the exhaust.

04oxfordvert

Established Member
How many miles on the engine and were the cams degreed, not if the timing marks were lined up. Seems like the cams and or the cam timing is holding you back. I have timed several engines so far. One only had about 50,000 miles on it. Intakes were at 106 degrees cl and the exhausts were at around 122 degrees cl. The overlap is not enough and some of the boost is going out the exhaust.

Agreed. If your cams aren't degrees at that boost you are losing power there. I'd get some custom cams and have them degrees and your number issue will probably be solved. Keep us posted! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread