Keep getting p0300, p0304 & p0307 codes...why?

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
My car runs great but keep getting p0300, p0304 & p0307 codes. The ONLY thing that has changed on my car is the installation of N2MB WOT box and SCT had to update my programmer since it locked the PCM out and wouldn't allow me to load any tunes or start the car. After about an hour they got it figured out for me. Car runs its ass off but keeps popping these codes up.

Any ideas why it what to do?

Shaun@AED

Those ignition cutting boxes will trigger these misfire codes. You need a tune update with the Misfire detection disabled in order to run the WOT box.
To be clear I do not see a reason to run these kinds of boxes when you can set the Neutral rev limiter and use it as a 2-step and I've not ever had problems WOT shifting when the setup is correct. However I do modify the DRAG tunes (only) for these boxes. I will not modify the Performance tunes as IMO you really should have a tune that will detect real misfires.

Last edited:

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
Why don't you like WOT boxes? They make shifting soo much better at high RPM's. the shifter goes right into gear so much easier.
I would like you to update my RACE to please so that it won't pick up these misfire codes when I'm racing. Thank you.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
My car runs great but keep getting p0300, p0304 & p0307 codes. The ONLY thing that has changed on my car is the installation of N2MB WOT box and SCT had to update my programmer since it locked the PCM out and wouldn't allow me to load any tunes or start the car. After about an hour they got it figured out for me. Car runs its ass off but keeps popping these codes up.

Any ideas why it what to do?

Just let your tuner know they are popping up and they can take care of it for you. I use the WOT box also and love it, works awesome.

Torchy

Established Member
Those ignition cutting boxes will trigger these misfire codes. You need a tune update with the Misfire detection disabled in order to run the WOT box.
To be clear I do not see a reason to run these kinds of boxes when you can set the Neutral rev limiter and use it as a 2-step and I've not ever had problems WOT shifting when the setup is correct. However I do modify the DRAG tunes (only) for these boxes. I will not modify the Performance tunes as IMO you really should have a tune that will detect real misfires.

Could you shed more light on this Neutral rev limiter? I'm a M6 TT car and I am interested. No way for me to build boost on launch.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Could you shed more light on this Neutral rev limiter? I'm a M6 TT car and I am interested. No way for me to build boost on launch.

Neutral rev limiter allows you to hold an RPM at a set level off the line, this isn't adjustable on the fly it's setup as an option before you push the tune to your vehicle. I use this all the time to keep my launches consistent. Every track is different, it's really helpful allows you to change in 100 RPM increments, so you can find that line between spinning and bogging fairly easily. With your foot essentially to the floor. Once you let out on the clutch, then the rev limiter adjusts to the standard one written in your tune.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yes, but the cars come built in with a 2 step... So why buy another piece that's not really needed ?
? Dont know. I never used the one on the sct. I used the MSD and it worked flawlessly.

Swapped to the WOT box and it works flawlessly also and has no lift shift.

Also msd and wot box will work with an auto car.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
No-lift shift is amazing. Yes, I can powershift without it but its notchy and sometimes I miss. But with no-lift shift it feels like it takes the load off trans for that split second and shifts like butter. Also has Nitrous controls if you are running that, which I'm not but cool added feature.

Torchy

Established Member
Neutral rev limiter allows you to hold an RPM at a set level off the line, this isn't adjustable on the fly it's setup as an option before you push the tune to your vehicle. I use this all the time to keep my launches consistent. Every track is different, it's really helpful allows you to change in 100 RPM increments, so you can find that line between spinning and bogging fairly easily. With your foot essentially to the floor. Once you let out on the clutch, then the rev limiter adjusts to the standard one written in your tune.

Would my tuner need to send me a open tune to do this?

MSD 2 step and WOT box will build boost on launch.

Yeah I'm still not opposed to using the WOT box.

twistedneck

Established Member
Does the neutral limiter in the SCT tune options limit the rpm in a safe way? is it a hard limit or does the engine start breaking up? limiters on stock rods and pistons scare me although i do have the oil gears swapped..

AKDMB

Established Member
Could Shaun please chime in on the SCT 2-Step and how safe it is? I have heard so many different opinions on this topic. Does the SCT 2 Step negatively affect the tune or motor? It makes the transition to WOT really easy on launch. It probably isn't good for the cats though. I think the No Lift Shift is the coolest part about the WOTBOX, I wish that the SCT tuner could do something like this, some other tuners can do it on other cars(cobb accessport on Subaru's or Mazda's)

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
And no car does not come with a built in 2 step. The sct does. Anytime you can get away from something to do with sct is a win win IMO.

Technically the car DOES have it built in it just has to be written into the tune. The launch control in the Gt500/boss 302 is doing the same exact thing.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Would my tuner need to send me a open tune to do this?

Yeah I'm still not opposed to using the WOT box.

Yes your tuner needs to open up the options portion of the tune which allow's rev limiter adjustments, spark adjustments, tire revolutions for speedo correction, etc.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Could Shaun please chime in on the SCT 2-Step and how safe it is? I have heard so many different opinions on this topic. Does the SCT 2 Step negatively affect the tune or motor? It makes the transition to WOT really easy on launch. It probably isn't good for the cats though. I think the No Lift Shift is the coolest part about the WOTBOX, I wish that the SCT tuner could do something like this, some other tuners can do it on other cars(cobb accessport on Subaru's or Mazda's)

It's is my understanding per shaun's explanation in the past (that I can't seem to find atm) That cutting fuel is the idea way to due this because you can't detonate where there is no fuel to burn. Where as cutting spark could potentially lead to issues, the MSD/WOT boxes work, their just a waste of money to me. I no lift shift all the time all I have 2 post bracket, no shifter, no aftermarket clutch, no nothing. This is also @ 7850-7900 rpm, a lot of the trick the to MT-82 is hand position on the shifter that prevents deflection when shifting @ certain rpms or w/o lifting.

I know several guys who've used the SCT 2 step w/o issues. I use it on the street all the time!

Users who are viewing this thread