KB numbers

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Tetge sure is. Last I remember, he only had 722 or so posts. Now look at his post count: 1020 and rising!

stangin

Established Member
Originally posted by Vindication
Also, since I'm here..I'm looking at a lot of guys from Modular Ford.com and some of those guys are making BIG numbers. One dude, I believe he goes by Hammer is making 628 RWHP with 17 pounds and 93 octane. I think PJ Performance tune his car. not sure. Those guys back east are making the numbers.

JDM tuned his car, 654 / 604.. just talked to JDM yesterday and his car was there being worked on. They tuned Franco's car as well which was just under Hammer's numbers. You are not alone in the KB tuning woa's. I think we need to use JDM.. I talked to strictly performance and I think if you are trying to hit the 600 mark, mail order tunes are not going to do it.. JDM told me it is too much a custom thing and the cars vary too much. Hammers tune did not work well with Franco's tune or was it vise versa??

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
I'm a firm believer that MPH in the 1/4 tells true stories about your HP

To a point... Racerat was still spinning in 3rd gear with her HP. So her MPH didn't fully reflect her 120+ more hp than my car has.
But in general, I agree.
See u tomorrow on the mountain top.
James:burnout: I'm getting revved up now :-D

Last edited:

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
Your right. Thats the only thing about the mail thing. If I do the JDM tuning I'd most likely take it to get dynoed then send them the AF charts and let them go from there.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
nonono.gif
Mail-order chips & Internet tuning...

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
To a point... Racerat was still spinning in 3rd gear with her HP. So her MPH didn't fully reflect her 120+ more hp than my car has.
But in general, I agree.
See u tomorrow on the mountain top.
James:burnout: I'm getting revved up now :-D

someone had sot to tell the girl she needs some drag radials

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
someone had sot to tell the girl she needs some drag radials
Spinning in 3rd, chirping 4th :eek:
I know I need tire...but I also need a spare set of halfshafts. ;-)

jonas

Established Member
racerat,
a set of nittos is fine, many of us run em with no problems

I suggest 275-40-17's on the stock wheel and if you have the 10.5s go with the 315's

you can get em for 160 a piece shipped from tires.com.

DO NOT ROADRACE WITH THESE TIRES.

They fall apart in the excessive heat and they have soft sidewalls anyways which hurt cornering

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
racerat,
a set of nittos is fine, many of us run em with no problems

I suggest 275-40-17's on the stock wheel and if you have the 10.5s go with the 315's

Thanks for the input jonas.
I've actually worn out a set of Nitto DR's on the 03 already (they lasted 3K). I have a set of 275 BFG DRS and 315 BFG DRs in the garage.
I suspect that if I put sticky tires on the car now and take it to the track, I'll be towed home...that's why they stay in the garage and I spin my way down the track.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Thanks for the input jonas.
I've actually worn out a set of Nitto DR's on the 03 already (they lasted 3K). I have a set of 275 BFG DRS and 315 BFG DRs in the garage.
I suspect that if I put sticky tires on the car now and take it to the track, I'll be towed home...that's why they stay in the garage and I spin my way down the track.

:lol1: :lol1:
Anybody figure out that Racerat monitors our crazy site for giggles? Damn Tracy, it took you almost an hour to respond!
What was your RWHP on the Eaton right before the KB move?
James

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 2F2F
We are nothing but of bunch of goons to her
icon_sad.gif

Not true. She said we give her a lot of enjoyment reading our antics... She doesn't have to watch 3 Stooges cartoons ever again! Hmmm maybe that is what you are saying...

A -- coming out to LACR tomorrow? I've been offline so if you already said so, I missed it.
J

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
2F2F shall represent SoCal Terminators @ LACR, albeit in the parking lot and in the grandstands
icon_smile.gif

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 2F2F
2F2F shall represent SoCal Terminators @ LACR, albeit in the parking lot and in the grandstands
icon_smile.gif

2f2f
Come on over and park with the crazed ones. We are claiming space for about 40 cars. Food (grilling), drink, cars, hi-jinks (draining each others intercoolers, etc...) Woofing, lies, angst, hubris, clown acts ...
J

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Hi-jinks...Yes...Like PModdy, I too wish to adjust Tetge's clutch in an effort to induce clutch wear...

Users who are viewing this thread