KB numbers

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
catless H pipe, JBAs, Acu TB, Denso, 55 injectors, Idler. Trust me I'm not pleased with the numbers. I may have a clutch problem....I don't know. The numbers are very very very low.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
that's what vindication is saying. i thought that ruben was running the kb chip and that at 17psi he got ~550/550 so :shrug:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
While the #s do seem a little low, unless he does have a stock intake and cb, the torque should be lower than the hp because the efficiency of the blower. When tq is higher than hp, it is because the blower is being spun beyond its level of efficiency

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
Well, no stock TB here. I'm really wondering about the torque. I guess I could live with the RWHP numbers but from a torque point its pretty upsetting. If I wanted these types of numbers I wouldve just got a Vortech.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Do you have a CAI and a catback?

If you want a silver lining to this cloud, here it goes: Your current numbers would do pretty damn well at the track. It's MUCH easier to launch 480 rwtq, than 550rwtq. And, once you do launch, you've got 550 ponies pulling HARD on the top end. You kinda have the best of both worlds. If you don't plan on going to the track, this does not make you feel any better, but it was worth a shot.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Well, you have everything you're supposed to have. I'm at a loss. I believe there's another KB Cobra also running 15 lbs, and I think his numbers are similar. RDSZ only made 10 more hp than you, and he's running an extra 2 lbs of boost, and, if I'm not mistaken, ~95 octane.

If you're on 91 octane, maybe your #s are okay.

About going with a centrifugal blower, I've looked into that option, and the cost of doing so (custom bracketry, custom intake manifold...) would not be worth the gains you're gonna see.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
what size filter on the densecharger? if you already have the 9" and feel like spending more money (who doesn't ;-)), you could try one of the straight shot setups like the steeda, x2c, amazon, etc. but i dunno if that'll help w/ torque. :shrug: if you still have the stock h-pipe you could try swapping it back in and see if there's any appreciable difference.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
You're missing a BIG part of the picture. You have WAY more torque under the curve than any other form of forced induction, not counting n2o. Your torque poors on with over 90% available from ~2500rpm up to ~5000+ rpm. That's a huge difference.

Did you talk to Danny about how you're feeling about the numbers?

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
Hes already tuned my car for about 4 hours. I don't know what to do at this point. Urghhhh.
This is when you know your to into your car.....having sex while wondering what is wrong with your Dyno numbers.:nonono:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I guess it's kinda like thinking about baseball, it should slow things down. Well, the good news is that if you had made 600/600, you'd be a minute man.

Users who are viewing this thread