KB guys step inside

Outtaluck SVT

Established Member
So I'm getting ready to do my KB 1.5 install on my 97 and I'm looking for any and all info and the do's and dont's you guys can give about these blowers on these cars since this is my first mod motor. My car is a 97 with a stock motor for now. The parts that I have that will be going on the car are KB 1.5 blower, 60lb injectors, sct mass air, JLT cold air, accufab throttle body, imrc deletes, aeromotive 340 fuel pump, KB boost a pump. I know these blowers run hotter than a centri and you can run meth to cool them down but what's the best kit or way to do it? Also who do you guys recommend for tuning? I've heard Lidio at Alternative Auto does great work. Thanks for any and all info you guys can give me.

Last edited:

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Look at my threads I'm doing bypass and meth post rotor under discharge and pre rotor and dabbing bigger inlet that's what these kb need

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
The 340 pump is plenty no need for bap u can use that as a boost a spark get a snow stage 2 meth kit dual nozzle one pre rotor one post under the open house do the bypass mod and if u want more than 400 hp u must and I mean must make the inlet manifold flow more it will be a huge restriction at 400 rwhp it only flows 575 cfm and the 1.5 spun to 16000+ rpm put out 750-775 cfm so thats200 cfm inlet restriction or 100 rwhp I made mine flow 1000 cfm so I can support a bigger blower later such as 2.0 or 2.2

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
image_11.jpg

Frankenstein

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Just need to drill n mount throttle bracket and paint it i used aluminum pipe plugs where the bosses were mounted to open it up 575 cfm stock vs 1000 now costed about 10 hours of here n there fab work and 80 bucks at welder my bypass valve 50 bucks fittings like 20 bucks water meth dual nozzle and solenoid upgrade 100 bucks sooooo 250 bucks to get a kb to work like it should

Users who are viewing this thread