KB BAP hobbs switch vac/boost line splice pic ?

gonz03term

Established Member
Can somebody send me a pic of the boost/vacuum hobbs switch , that comes with the Kenne Bell bap , spliced into the line .. A nice close up under the hood where the splice is done.. And very simple directions ..Thanks..

gonz03term

Established Member
i solder my two wires together... just like most people on here. i dd my car it runs fine!

Yeah , that would be the easiest thing to do.. The shop thats tuning my car prefers the switch installed.. Or else i would leave it as-is .. Wires connected..

I saw a pic with a bap switch spliced into the vac/boost line that connects to the fuel rail pressure sensor.. Most foward sensor on the driver side fuel rail.. Has a electrical plug on top , and a vac line on the side.. Humm ? Is that the right place to splice into ?

cobracide

Established Member
Huh? The output of the bap goes to the fpdm. The fpdm then drives the pump.

Ignore the hobbes switch wiring.. solder that together.

bap.jpg

Last edited:

gonz03term

Established Member
Yep, forget the switch. Also install the bap pre-fpdm.

I already installed the bap.. Only thing left is the red/black connectors which go to the switch .. Switch is not installed .. I already connected the wires . To test the bap .. And it seems to be working .The car starts and runs .

I spliced into the wires between the pumps and the module(plug) , just like the instructions said..

Unfused red to the brown/pink goes to pumps... fused red to brown/pink goes to module (end with plug)

cobracide

Established Member
I already installed the bap.. Only thing left is the red/black connectors which go to the switch .. Switch is not installed .. I already connected the wires . To test the bap .. And it seems to be working .The car starts and runs .

I spliced into the wires between the pumps and the module(plug) , just like the instructions said..

Unfused red to the brown/pink goes to pumps... fused red to brown/pink goes to module (end with plug)

See the pic above for reference.

gonz03term

Established Member
Huh? The output of the bap goes to the fpdm. The fpdm then drives the pumps. Sounds like your shop aren't in the know.

I may have explained it wrong.. I unplugged the fdmu , i cut the brown with pink stripe wire.. Connected the unfused red wire it went to the wire bundle . The fused red wire connected went to the plug which goes into the fpdm.. Again , this was spliced into the Brown wire with pink stripe.. Not only did the 03 Cobra supplental instructions say this , but my shop (mechanic at Swansons Performance) and the tech rep at Kenne Bell said this .. If i wired this thing wrong , which is possible , then i'll call these guys back , before i drive around and fry my electrical system..

gonz03term

Established Member
That wiring pic is giving me a headache, haha! I'm having me friends shop do mine, WHEW!

Hahaha .. I don't know man .. But my car starts and runs . I may just drive it like this to the shop and have them show me how to hook up the switch.. They are going to look at my wiring job.. I am going to top the trunk and tell them to look.. The instructions were easy to follow.. Almost too easy.. In fact they were so easy i called Kenne Bell.. Soo easy i called my shop... I sure hope i didnt screw this thing up.. But like i said , i might have .. It's possible.. So .. I wanted a few more opinions.. And i'm getting them.. :beer:

gonz03term

Established Member
You should get the wire upgrade, otherwise you may run into issues.

After i get this car tuned.. I just installed a ported blower with port matched dragon and plenum , bap , tomorrow i'm installing the lower crank pulley kit... After i finish ,i want to get this car tuned . I will most likely get the wire upgrade kit later on .. That wont require any shop time , or retune ?

cobracide

Established Member
Well I would do the wire upgrade first. It's a simple task similar to wiring in an audio amp from the battery/relay with a thick (+) power cable to an amp in the trunk. You really don't want your bap to not have enough amps so your fuel systems is screwed up. Also, you got the 40amp bap, right?

Last edited:

gonz03term

Established Member
Well I would do the wire upgrade first. It's a simple task similar to wiring in an audio amp from the battery/relay with a thick (+) power cable to an amp in the trunk.

Ok.. Thats the best .. yes.. But the bap kit should work fine without the upgrade for now , right ? My car has been down for over a week .. My work schedule is full this next two weeks .. I want to get the car tuned Monday , and be done with that part of it. I'm 3 hours away from the tuner . After it's tuned and running right .. I can add all these other things , without driving back to the shop.. It's a major pain driving from Ridgecrest to Los Angeles ..

gonz03term

Established Member
Well I would do the wire upgrade first. It's a simple task similar to wiring in an audio amp from the battery/relay with a thick (+) power cable to an amp in the trunk. You really don't want your bap to not have enough amps so your fuel systems is screwed up. Also, you got the 40amp bap, right?

Yeah , looks like the 40 amp model.. How can i be 100% sure on that ? The guy i bought it from had it on a 04 Cobra , same car i got the ported blower and lower plulley kit from..

Also , it came off the 04 Cobra and has a 30 amp fuse inline..

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Ok.. Thats the best .. yes.. But the bap kit should work fine without the upgrade for now , right ? My car has been down for over a week .. My work schedule is full this next two weeks .. I want to get the car tuned Monday , and be done with that part of it. I'm 3 hours away from the tuner . After it's tuned and running right .. I can add all these other things , without driving back to the shop.. It's a major pain driving from Ridgecrest to Los Angeles ..

I see where you're coming from, if it was my car I wouldn't be pushing my car to the edge on a dyno tune without a wire upgrade. You're not doomed to destruction but I wouldn't be surprised if you have issues either.

Users who are viewing this thread