Votes: 345 52.9%
  • whipple 2.3

Votes: 257 39.4%
  • neither i would stick with the eaton

Votes: 50 7.7%

• Total voters

ghostcobra04

blower

i just got back from the hotrod power tour and when i was in albama i talked to this guy at speedsouth he installs prochargers and he saids hes making 600-700 rwhp have you heard of that speed shop and are the good

1BadKB03

Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
Turbo + good tune and you'd be fine same w/ procharger. That's all right though, save the turbo for me. :D

with that procharger your talking about or the tubro either one. that damn car would not a daily driver you would need to **** with it all the time. :poke:

dfw99cobra

Established Member
TieBreaker said:
with that procharger your talking about or the tubro either one. that damn car would not a daily driver you would need to **** with it all the time. :poke:

We will see, we will see. :thumbsup:

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Whipple 2.3 @ 15lbs - 586 rwhp SAE and only 18.5* timing. On pump gas. Could easily hit 600 if we upped the timing a tad. I have no track times yet cause I am breaking in my new clutch.

1BadKB03

Established Member
WhippleCharged Sonic said:
Whipple 2.3 @ 15lbs - 586 rwhp SAE and only 18.5* timing. On pump gas. Could easily hit 600 if we upped the timing a tad. I have no track times yet cause I am breaking in my new clutch.

I have no doubt in my mind that a whipple is bad a**, but what i want to know is which one is better. you say that you put down 586 which is a strong number. but would a kb at the same timing and same boost do more or less horsepower wise.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
TieBreaker said:
I have no doubt in my mind that a whipple is bad a**, but what i want to know is which one is better. you say that you put down 586 which is a strong number. but would a kb at the same timing and same boost do more or less horsepower wise.

Well, do some searches and you will find a TON of debates. Here is a little tech info that was posted on the other board. Start there..that should give you some good info

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24016&highlight=compressor+map

1BadKB03

Established Member
WhippleCharged Sonic said:
Well, do some searches and you will find a TON of debates. Here is a little tech info that was posted on the other board. Start there..that should give you some good info

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24016&highlight=compressor+map

that actually helped out a whole bunch, thanks. so what it was saying is the kb is actaully better at lower speeds, but the whipple takes it out on higher speeds and on how much heat it produces. thanks man :thumbsup:

427Lightning

Established Member
First I would find out if you could get a Whipple. Kenne Bell seems to have there blowers in stock unlike Whipple. It sucks that anyone should have to wait many months for anything.I took my name off the waiting list for Whipples 3.3, I found that Weiand makes a 1425 CFM compressor that should feed my 427 Lightning. To bad Kenne Bell doesn't offer a 3.3.

stangfreak

Established Member
yea a 3.3L blower on a 4.6 motor lol thats overkill lol. plus you need a different hood and custom made parts to have that blower work on the cobra.

some people have driven whipple cobras and kb cobras and said the kb is a bit more violent with the boost, more snappy

427Lightning

Established Member
The 2.2 will not support a 427 stroker. It wont see the HP you guys see on your modular motors. The 3.3 would be better for strokers BUT they cant get them to customers.Thats why I took my name off the list and went with the Wieand 256 pro street blower.

cobra_03svt

Established Member
Just did a whipple on my car, finally layed down the numbers at PHP and it made 634 on 17lbs (on blower) with other mods. I saved 1000 dollars and whipple actually answers the phone when you have questions--unlike the KB guys.

Your choice...the both blow alot of air

1BadKB03

Established Member
those are some really repectable numbers, that actually makes my decision even harder because i thought it would be kb for sure but not so sure anymore :shrug:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
I said a KB 2.4 at first....but just bought a polished whipple!! Will be installing and tunning it next week. I will post #'s when I get them! But That KB 2.4 sure looks awsome.....

stangfreak

Established Member
this is not cobra related but did anyone see the article with the 2.4 kb on the new gt. i think they said if the clutch didnt give out it would have made 600rwhp on 14lbs of boost

Users who are viewing this thread