Votes: 345 52.9%
  • whipple 2.3

Votes: 257 39.4%
  • neither i would stick with the eaton

Votes: 50 7.7%

• Total voters

WDW MKR

Established Member
Tim @ MPH turns out badass cars... no doubt about it. The problem is that 2V cars have actually been showing better numbers than their 4V brethern. The one car is running 25psig+ and spray. The turbo cars are doing it on boost. What is the compression in those engines? How about head work and cams? Tim's success comes from a complete combo, including engine work and suspension/chassis set for the track. I just think it is a bit inaccurate to make a blanket statement stating 03/04 Cobra 2.8H setups are running with heavily-modified turbo setups. Either way, I'm seriously considering the 2.8H in the next year.

Last edited:

oneoff

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Tim @ MPH turns out badass cars... no doubt about it. The problem is that 2V cars have actually been showing better numbers than their 4V brethern. The one car is running 25psig+ and spray. The turbo cars are doing it on boost. What is the compression in those engines? How about head work and cams? Tim's success comes from a complete combo, including engine work and suspension/chassis set for the track. I just think it is a bit inaccurate to make a blanket statement stating 03/04 Cobra 2.8H setups are running with heavily-modified turbo setups. Either way, I'm seriously considering the 2.8H in the next year.

I agree that 2.8 is a bold statement but they are holding their own.

Jim Fitz (the link i sent) did the 9.47 pass on blower and motor ONLY at 22psi and NO noz. He told me that personally.

He is now tuned for 23psi with no noz, and doesnt plan on sprayng anytime soon. We will see how he does this weeknd at the big races.

Im going 2.8L also. :pepper:

WDW MKR

Established Member
His car is also a track setup made for the 1/4 mile. Again, I'm not discrediting the KB. I just don't want folks thinking they can bolt a KB 2.8H onto their street car and go run 9s.

oneoff

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
His car is also a track setup made for the 1/4 mile. Again, I'm not discrediting the KB. I just don't want folks thinking they can bolt a KB 2.8H onto their street car and go run 9s.

Oh of course not. You can´t bolt on TT on a street car either and do 9´s. It take a lot of preperation of any vehicle, suspension, dirvetrain etc etc to run 9´s.

But yes its not enchiladas to hit 9´s. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread