Justin's 2019 Mustang Takes on The Drag Strip - Stock vs Tuned vs E85

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From AmericanMuscle:

Justin's 2019 Mustang Stock v Tuned v E85 at the Strip

AmericanMuscle’s Justin Dugan recently visited Maple Grove Raceway with his new 2019
Mustang GT to run a series of baby-seat equipped, full-weight passes. In this video,
Justin tests 4 different near-stock setups to compare times as he gets used to the
feel of his new Oxford White ’19 GT. These setups include, bone-stock (Drag Mode),
Stock + Drag Radials, Lund Racing 93 Octane/Flex Fuel Tune, and Lund Racing E85 Tune
via Lund’s nGauge.

Justin's 2019 Mustang Stock v Tuned v E85 at the Strip

96 cobra

Established Member
Nice to see some quality testing... not too far off Hot Rod's stock A10 results -> 11.835 at 119.51 mph.

Last edited:

o2gt

Established Member
Good testing its amazing how fast these cars are now. I can remember when trapping 100 mph seemed fast. the host is good, nice to seem someone that is genuinely into what their talking about.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Goes slower with a tire?? Seems like he needs a lesson in launching. Best practice on a stock converter car with a Dr is to just leave it at idle on the brake, then put it to the wood and let off the brake. No need to load up the converter. Stock converter cars will leave soft if you load them up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
11.9 @ 117 all stock, with all-seasons! Impressive to say the least. Gotta love that 10 speed auto for consistency.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
11.9 @ 117 all stock, with all-seasons! Impressive to say the least. Gotta love that 10 speed auto for consistency.

In warmer weather I saw 12.30-12.50 @ 114ish out of stock 18s. Better track and conditions could definitely make that difference.
It's funny watching an 18 go down and then an older auto. The difference in shifting between the 15-17s and the 10spd is just silly.

Kiohtee

Established Member
After driving my first 10R80 last week, and approaching the car with the expectation that 460HP wouldn't wow me, I was pleasantly surprised. The car felt damn quick and extremely efficient. The 10R would take time to get used to at anything other than WOT, but that's to be expected with four extra gears (and this was a 3.55 car).

There's no denying the performance of an '18+ GT though. I would love to have a Magnetic Metallic with 401A, Performance Package and of course the 10R. Then add the Hellion sleeper twin kit. <3

Users who are viewing this thread