Just watched speed test drive...SRT8

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
its in australia

9080218.010.1M.jpg

i think its rwd

+1,000,000, there are some bad *ss ford sedan down under!!!

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
There is no market for the high performance suv or truck.

Oh really? So the Jeep SRT8, X5M/X6M, Porsche Cayenne and Range Rover have no market? You better send those manufactures a letter quick and let them know your brilliant market analysis :lol::lol:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
some of the nutswinging for Ford goes so over the top in this forum it's border line ridiculous. but i love it because it gives me a chance to relive the quality of my vehicle line up:

Tbird SC: (not at all known for their quality) we had a running joke that it ran out of parts to break so it started breaking things twice- 2 sets of rear calipers, 3 starters, 2 transmissions (M5R2's are not easy to find), half-shaft, head gaskets (only a matter of time with these cars), 2 months after the head gaskets blew it developed a knock and threw a rod through the side of the block......theres plenty more (yet still my favorite vehicle i've owned)

04 Dodge Ram Hemi- the only vehicle i've owned that didn't have a single issue

01 Cobra- clutch exploded on an easy 2-3 shift 1 month after i got it, head tick, misc interior noises

04 Mach- slave cylinder squealing, head tick, both front bearings were junk and the car was practically unable to stay in a lane on the highway prior to being fixed, misc interior rattles, rear end blew, and traded it with a cracked transmission and a grinding 2-3 shift

'10 Focus- (bought new in April '10) struts have had a crunching sound since day one, and it's going in for work this up coming week for an irritating dash rattle, a new sound from the rear struts, and what sounds like an exhaust leak from the manifold that is noticeable when the car is cold.

point is, no manufacturer is perfect, and Ford is certainly no shining star. Chrysler currently has a better lineup of hi-po rwd/awd V8's vehicles than Ford, and thats pretty clear.

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
its in australia

9080218.010.1M.jpg

i think its rwd

I mentioned it, don't remind me. It's a bit of a sore spot. :p

This is pretty cool too:

2012-ford-ranger-wildtrak-4-625x361.jpg

I am not too fond of Ford placing the Explorer on a FWD unibody platform, but the 2011 model out sold the 09-10 models combined. :shrug: Ford had to either reinvent the model name or let it die off.

I forgot to hit upon this point earlier. Sure it sold well, but it cannibalized sales from both the Edge and Flex, meaning that people who would've normally gone for one of those two instead went for the Explorer. A confused customer is most likely a customer that will not buy.

Users who are viewing this thread