Just wanting to say goodbye to the SVT world forever!

zPipes

Established Member
actually i disco the lines from the master cylinder then moved that entire unit with the reservoir still attached. i believe the prob i had was it not clearing the actual master cylinder not just the reservoir.

zPipes

Established Member
also if i remember correctly the black cylindrical component that is connected to the firewall i believe had to be taken loose, that was just four screws i think. sorry for the lack of knowledge im at a beginning intermediate level with my motor, but learning fast, i want to say something like hydraulic clutch thing but not sure if thats right.

zPipes

Established Member
yea it all comes back to me now after readin that.. the thing i was talking about was the hydrobooster. And just like that thread says, for the passenger side just wrestle with it a bit, none of that k-member lowering crap.

annoying part is getting under the dash to disco the clutch cable from the pedal.

zPipes

Established Member
ok look. i dont do well with change sooooo :beer: you cannot leave.

suck it up, put your balls in it and make it happen brother. even if you decide to 'tail between your legs' it you better keep posting in these forums about w/e ride you choose.

i think most of us agree your kinda part of this world now, so man up!

:burnout:

rock on

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
sorry to hear about that man.

does anybody have a better story to bring people back up. like a 1000 rwhp car that has 50k hard miles on it?

TrueBlueCobra01

SVT
Established Member
The LS1 does just bolt right in...I think that is what venomousSVT should do.

My motor only has 48,000 on it but if I ever blew it up I would deffinitly go with one of the LS motors. (I'm the only Ford guy in an all Chevy family) :rockon:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
My motor only has 48,000 on it but if I ever blew it up I would deffinitly go with one of the LS motors. (I'm the only Ford guy in an all Chevy family) :rockon:

i said if it ever let go I would drop a forged 408 setup in the car with a turbo...

but inspections are a problem for a street car.

rickymh

Established Member
We gotta be realistic that cobras are not reliable cars.

I bought a a 01 cobra with 38k miles stock engine blew less then 3 months. Drank the Oil.

Ford Fan boys will say its the driver fault for not checking oil every week.

I dont even want to list all the stuff that has broken on this piece!

I totally feel you!!!!!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member

I bought a a 01 cobra with 38k miles stock engine blew less then 3 months. Drank the Oil.

I totally feel you!!!!!

flawed logic.....

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member

I totally feel you!!!!!

:poke:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
now not to be a dick, but how is it fords fault when 2 aftermarket motors popped?

he only said it was Ford's originally

i understand that, but blaming svt for a bad egg?
He did not blame SVT he just said Goodbye

was unaware of that. got a buddy with a '99 with a eaton swap. hope his holds up
'99 and '01 run higher on compression without the built bottom end make sure he keeps the boost low and no 5th gear pulls!

it was fords fault when the first motor popped due to an oiling issue. we informed ford of the reason and had full documentation that it was a production issue in the block... they politely told me to get f*cked.

Please provide more info??? I am a service advisor and I get this kind of riff-raff all day. Just explain what happened. Why it happened? your warranty situation at the time. and how you pleaded your case with Ford?

The LS1 does just bolt right in...I think that is what venomousSVT should do.

Wish everything was as simple as it sounds

I totally feel you!!!!!

Wow! what a douche!

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Please provide more info??? I am a service advisor and I get this kind of riff-raff all day. Just explain what happened. Why it happened? your warranty situation at the time. and how you pleaded your case with Ford?

there was a post on here LONG ago about the entire dealing with me and ford about my motor issue...

to give you the basic gist of it....

I was driving home in my car one day in charlotte traffic. I was cruising along at 60 mph when i got off the freeway and pulled up to a red light. At the time I had my music blasting and was just in for the ride. When I pulled up at the red light I assumed that the minivan full of children didnt want to hear Rob Zombie, so I politely turned my music down.

When the light turned green I didnt leave the minivan by more than 2 car lengths (just giving an estimate of how "normal" i was driving the car) when I heard a knocking noise. I not only could hear it, but I could feel it in my foot as well. Having never blown up a motor, and this was not my first high performance vehicle, i had no idea what the noise was exactly, i thought it was my clutch.

I had the car towed to ford at my expense, with 37,300 miles on the clock. Yes. I understand it was out of waranty. When for go the car I was told (without them touching the first bolt) that my motor was blown and it would be $7500 to put a new one in from form. I laughed in their face, cranked my shit up and drove it home with it knocking. When the first shop took my motor apart they found bad castings in the block that was preventing proper oil flow. The block had to be sent to a shop and properly prepared so that it wouldnt have any future oiling issues. I didnt know enough at the time to be able to tell you the exact nature of the issue unfortunately. Now that I have built several motors, I would be able to describe in more detail any issues I would come across from this point on.

I contacted ford with photographic evidence and with a work order from the shop that prepped my block stating that the issue of the the failure was most definitely related to the blockage in the block. Ford just told me it wasn't their problem. I sought out help from a lawyer who pretty much wanted way more than I could afford to pay and lose. I made nearly a hundred calls to anyone I could find in ford to try and get my case heard and was met with nothing but closed doors.

in the end I paid way to much to have my forged motor built and ran it instead of killing myself fighting a non-winning battle with ford

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
damn man...sorry to hear all this

are you atleast gonna drop in here from time to time? we New Edge OGs gotta stick together!

speaking of merek, i havn't seen him on here in forever!

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
damn man...sorry to hear all this

are you atleast gonna drop in here from time to time? we New Edge OGs gotta stick together!

speaking of merek, i havn't seen him on here in forever!

i noticed he was off the scene... i sent him an email a while back with no response either.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i understand you wanting a Z06...i've driven a few and i want one bad!

Users who are viewing this thread