Just received 2013 tvs kit

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
TVS is still a roots. Buts yes, less heat than the stock supercharger at the same boost.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Regarding the warranty...what happens to the factory warranty on the rest of my drivetrain if I swap this kit, with a tune, into my 2012 GT500?

Ask your dealer. This kit, unlike some Ford Racing Parts items, does not (to this date) carry the 12/12 warranty when installed by a Ford dealer.

Aside from that, it's the same as if you install our VMP TVS, a Whipple or whatever.

In theory, you are protected against the dealer refusing to warranty anything unless the problem is due to the mod.
eg; your alternator or clutch or something goes and they try to blame it on more power. They SHOULD have to prove it.

That said, they have deeper pockets than you do. So, get to know a few dealers around you and do your research as to their stand on mods.

(For the record, the VMP TVS does come with a warranty and we don't care who installed it. Obviously the warranty is for the supercharger, not the other parts on your car)

Do your homework.

Bj

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

Users who are viewing this thread