Just received 2013 tvs kit

SNAKEYZ

Established Member
:banana JUST RECEIVED 2013 TVS KIT. SUPERCHARGER, PLENUM, COBRA JET TB.,FUEL RAILS. WHAT A DEAL $2,600. I ADDED 72LB INJECTORS, 10% LOWER,
2.4 UPPER. SHOUT OUT TO LIGHTNING PERFORMANCE FOR MY 2.4 UPPER PULLEY FOR $150.00 EVERYONE ELSE CHARGES $200

Last edited:

SNAKEYZ

Established Member
aaateampainting

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
Why are fuel rails needed? I installed my '13 TVS with my stock '12 fuel rails and all is ok.

Did you opt for the monoblade or was that the only package offered?

Good kit for the money. Should be an easy 700-720 RWHP but you are going to generate a lot of heat in that blower (guessing 20-21 psi?). You might want to grab a new green belt and maybe a Thump tensioner also. Assume you're running a catless mid-pipe already?

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
That is the kit I believe Ford is selling, or Tousley Ford was doing. The best part of this kit is that you get a very nice TB with the kit as well as the elbow and other pieces. I know this kit has to be driving the 3rd party vendors crazy. The only thing it does not offer is a warranty I believe.

That kit with a 2.4 pulley, and a moonblade TB should put him at about 18 psi, give or take. Oh wait, yeah the lower....Hmmmm yeah that boost may be up there. I forgot about the lower.

If you do not have one, you should probably look at getting a 123 MAF so you do not tap out the stock one. I have been reading were people are maxing the stock MAF with setups like this. I was able to grab a Whipple/Tasca 123 MAF with the filter.

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
yeah, he didn't say what he already had so he may already have an intake. Will definitely need one with larger intake tube/tune to change MAF curve. Upgraded HE too...

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
That kit with a 2.4 pulley, and a moonblade TB should put him at about 18 psi, give or take. Oh wait, yeah the lower....Hmmmm yeah that boost may be up there. I forgot about the lower.

Boost without cats will be alittle over 21....
The tune will need to be conservative for pump gas.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Congrats! As already stated your gonna need a bigger MAF, and yup your boost is gonna be 21+ lbs. I'm seeing 18 on just an upper with an offroad xpipe.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Boost without cats will be alittle over 21....
The tune will need to be conservative for pump gas.

I always heard don't go above 17-18lbs boost on pump gas. I would think the op is going to need some serious torco added to the mix.

If you had to make the tune so conservative why add the lower and the extra heat to begin with?

I ask because I don't know. A question not an opinion.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I have not dyno'ed but I know my boost will be a little lower because I have LT's and no lower. But I did get the MAF just in case I pegged the stock MAF. No point in maxing it out if you do not need to.

Really interested in where I end up now. MIA has 93 so it will be interesting I think. When I started this, I was going to be happy with 630~650. Somehow I think I may be a tad over that number now.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I always heard don't go above 17-18lbs boost on pump gas. I would think the op is going to need some serious torco added to the mix.

If you had to make the tune so conservative why add the lower and the extra heat to begin with?

I ask because I don't know. A question not an opinion.

I would be using torco on anyting above 15psi when running the piss out of it, IMO. One batch of bad gas and kaboom, heck I'm doing that now and I peak at about 14psi with the elevation here.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
He just needs a little methanol injection......I run 24 degrees of timing on 92 octane pump gas with the same set up......full kill tune 24/7:beer:

Stangdog

Regarding the warranty...what happens to the factory warranty on the rest of my drivetrain if I swap this kit, with a tune, into my 2012 GT500?

Users who are viewing this thread