Just purchased an 04 Cobra and have a few questions.

snakejake

Established Member
I just purchased a 2004 Cobra and have a few questions about a few things I found in the engine compartment on the RT side near the firewall.

1) There is a ground wire that is loose(pic 1). This is the wire that attaches to the RT hood hinge. Where or what does this attach to?

2) There is what appears to be a vacuum line that is capped off(pic 2). There is another line coming out of the air intake that is capped off(pic 3). Do these connect to anything? Do they connect together or did they come like this from the factory?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

th_IMG_5586.gif

th_IMG_5587.gif

th_IMG_5588.gif

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
1) There is a ground wire that is loose(pic 1). This is the wire that attaches to the RT hood hinge. Where or what does this attach to?

2) There is what appears to be a vacuum line that is capped off(pic 2). There is another line coming out of the air intake that is capped off(pic 3). Do these connect to anything? Do they connect together or did they come like this from the factory?

Ok the first pic is a ground that used to be connected to the hood blanket, just go ahead and remove the ground. The second pic is supposed to be capped off like that, if you trace it back it should go back by the EGR. The third pic I really can't tell where that is coming from, do you have a larger pic?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
fwiw you may want to open the hood vents if they are not already. Especially if you are in Arizona now, because it's going to get hot soon.

Are you in Scottsdale?

snakejake

Established Member
fwiw you may want to open the hood vents if they are not already. Especially if you are in Arizona now, because it's going to get hot soon.

Are you in Scottsdale?

I am in Scottsdale. Where are you at? The car just arrived here on Tuesday from Alabama and I am trying to work out some of the problems that I have found on it.

sam90lx

Established Member
snakejake, about2bite.....we need to get together, my 03 will be here next week from Dallas. It's great to see other Cobra owners in Phoenix. Thanks for the hood vent tip about2bite.

snakejake, just noticed you have a 90LX, thats wierd, me too! You can check it out on Youtube. Search: THR 306...its the Calypso Coupe. Love to see yours.

And cobrabob, your info is priceless...Thanks.

sam90lx

Established Member
It's ebay # 330227785546. I know, autoconnection...but I have been talking to Brandon over there for awhile, I have a good feeling about this car (hope my gut is right).

grip

Established Member
It's ebay # 330227785546. I know, autoconnection...but I have been talking to Brandon over there for awhile, I have a good feeling about this car (hope my gut is right).

I looked at this car personally, its a clean car appearance wise, not sure about the unseen stuff.

It seem to run okay from starting it in the parking lot, though I never drove it.

Did you personally drive the car and look at it before purchase? The reason I ask is I would check every inch of it when you get it. JMO.

snakejake

Established Member
snakejake, about2bite.....we need to get together, my 03 will be here next week from Dallas. It's great to see other Cobra owners in Phoenix. Thanks for the hood vent tip about2bite.

snakejake, just noticed you have a 90LX, thats wierd, me too! You can check it out on Youtube. Search: THR 306...its the Calypso Coupe. Love to see yours.

And cobrabob, your info is priceless...Thanks.

My coupe is back in Illinois and will probably always be there. The Cobra was from Ebay out of Alabama. The ebay auction number is 160219508911.

sam90lx

Established Member
grip, no I did not get to drive it, havent even seen it in person. Please let me know if I should be looking for something in particular....thanks.

snakejake, I looked at that car many times, real nice car from what I can tell.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Congrats on the 04 man. I just purchased my 04 here a few days ago but it's in the shop at the ford dealership getting some lil things taken care of so I'm excited bout getting it done and getting to drive it back from alabama.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member

No problem, let me know when you get your Cobra. There is a good amount of us that get together from time to time.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread