Just Pulled the trigger on...

Laloosh

Established Member
Like i said, track results will show all answers this weekend. And yes, I can bang gears with the best of them.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
what does this have to do with lazy 3.31 gears with a boss IM? anyone who is smart knows gearing will supply the IM only that much more. You want all the super top end, great go roll race. If your an M6 car unless you can bang gears like shaun 3.73 or a 3.90 is what your gonna need to get you moving hard with the IM. Hell I talked to shaun and at one time seemed very interested in 3.90's hell go to mod fords and talk to WBT the might not be liked by many but he knows what hes talking about

while your trapping low 12's a guy with a nice gear will be roasting your asses at the finish line

Wait a min here, so you havent even had a boss intake manifold? :confused:

Also what was the fastest that WBT got his manual to run? 11.6?

And finally your saying shaun doesnt take time in his tunes? I would disagree. My AED tune is a ****ing animal.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Here's my car vs a 4.10. My car was and still is 3.31's even better now with the twins. But this race was when I was NA, stainless works long tubes and ORX with stainless works retro chamber cat back, and JLT intake AED tune as well at the time. The camera car is 4.10's like I said with cai, boss intake mani, flow master cat back system. This car has gone 11.9 as well and I put that much on him.

Zach Vs Rance 1 - YouTube

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Wait a min here, so you havent even had a boss intake manifold? :confused:

Also what was the fastest that WBT got his manual to run? 11.6?

And finally your saying shaun doesnt take time in his tunes? I would disagree. My AED tune is a ****ing animal.

-Thomas

Wait I did have one! I sold it when I needed cash. What the **** are you talking about Shauns tune is animal, I had plenty of them myself, what I said was he dialed it in day after day, tweaked it here and there... are you sure you should be driving seeing how you have trouble reading

and WBT did run an 11.6 but corrected (if it were at or under sea level)it would have been a 11.2 because the car wasn't dialed in, mods listed below

BBK shorties
Boss intake w/updated tune
Alum. D/S
RAM dual disc clutch with alum. flywheel
CHE UCA, LCA relo brackets and UCA mount
Magnaflow cat-back
3.90 gears on 28" talls

regardless, its still faster then that low 12 /high 11 your running on with 3.31 lazy gear :p gear it and you should see a nice improvement, if you looking for all the top end you can get then keep it but I doubt any manual car with a Boss IM and a other mods will be able to do better then 11.6. I think Mike has 11.79 with his 3.31 but im sure hes about tapped out with them

Last edited:

Laloosh

Established Member
Umm if you are referring to my 12.1 it was done on stock 235 tires not slicks. But you already have some axe to grind so I will just let you put your own foot in your mouth when I post the results...

ViciousJay

Established Member
Umm if you are referring to my 12.1 it was done on stock 235 tires not slicks. But you already have some axe to grind so I will just let you put your own foot in your mouth when I post the results...
well get a tire and push it then but you wont do much better, maybe .3 at best, again youll be tapped out eventually.

Last edited:

Laloosh

Established Member
You think I would only gain .3 with slicks? I ran a 1.9 60 on stockers. On slicks being conservative a 1.6 is given. By ill stop here cause I have a feeling you are not one to visit the track much.

burke985

Established Member
Just wait, report back do u have a boss im?? If so watch how fast the rpms rise :)

Oh yeah boss mani and accufab , i was testing the "Torque loss" yesterday with the 3.31's and all i got was a cloud of smoke ..lol these 3.73's should be a beast with this setup

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Wait I did have one! I sold it when I needed cash. What the **** are you talking about Shauns tune is animal, I had plenty of them myself, what I said was he dialed it in day after day, tweaked it here and there... are you sure you should be driving seeing how you have trouble reading

and WBT did run an 11.6 but corrected (if it were at or under sea level)it would have been a 11.2 because the car wasn't dialed in, mods listed below

BBK shorties
Boss intake w/updated tune
Alum. D/S
RAM dual disc clutch with alum. flywheel
CHE UCA, LCA relo brackets and UCA mount
Magnaflow cat-back
3.90 gears on 28" talls

regardless, its still faster then that low 12 /high 11 your running on with 3.31 lazy gear :p gear it and you should see a nice improvement, if you looking for all the top end you can get then keep it but I doubt any manual car with a Boss IM and a other mods will be able to do better then 11.6. I think Mike has 11.79 with his 3.31 but im sure hes about tapped out with them

Damn I cant believe you went this far with it.

I run 3.73's anyways but 3.31's are just fine with a boss intake.

-Thomas

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I personally enjoy 3:31's with the boss IM. Is it going to get the best 1/4 mile time? Prob not, depends on what you want. I personally prefer spontaneous races on the street be it a dig race or a roll race. 3:73+ Isn't going to be fun trying to hook on the street. I can break 315 DR's loose from a 1st gear roll with 3:31's.... I've raced a few 3:73 cars from digs/rolls seem to do just fine.

When you own a Procharged Gen 1 for 10 years and get 8MPG HWY(5MPG if you're getting on it) You tend to like being able to throw it in 6th and get 26/27 MPG. "Lazy Gear" or not a lot of guys swapping out of 3:73's to go to 3:31's once they go FI. So, if it's hurting you a tenth or 2 who really cares?! always someone out there faster than you are.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Also, of those spontaneous street races, includes a SL550 Roadster that was wanting to do 80MPH highway roll's with me and I put two cars on him 80-155 plus I had a passenger. Don't see a 3:73 car doing that. I just feel like 3:31's are a great all around gear :/

ViciousJay

Established Member
I personally enjoy 3:31's with the boss IM. Is it going to get the best 1/4 mile time? Prob not, depends on what you want. I personally prefer spontaneous races on the street be it a dig race or a roll race. 3:73+ Isn't going to be fun trying to hook on the street. I can break 315 DR's loose from a 1st gear roll with 3:31's.... I've raced a few 3:73 cars from digs/rolls seem to do just fine.

When you own a Procharged Gen 1 for 10 years and get 8MPG HWY(5MPG if you're getting on it) You tend to like being able to throw it in 6th and get 26/27 MPG. "Lazy Gear" or not a lot of guys swapping out of 3:73's to go to 3:31's once they go FI. So, if it's hurting you a tenth or 2 who really cares?! always someone out there faster than you are.

the reason hey are swapping gears is cuz of the power ratio to the gear, they have the power to move. an N/A car will benefit from a smaller gear to get momentum and get you into your RPM power band FASTER.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Damn I cant believe you went this far with it.

I run 3.73's anyways but 3.31's are just fine with a boss intake.

-Thomas

haha so power shift your car and get yourself a 11.3 or better time bud! :rockon: im not trying to be a total hater but 3.31 on a N/A is just ehhhhh lazy. My first car had them and I swapped them out 2 months later and couldn't have been happier. Coupled with the Boss IM it was a ****ing monster both off the line and rolling. Also unless I was really trying to not slip the clutch I grabbed everytime and NEVER SPUN

Users who are viewing this thread