Just Pulled the trigger on...

ViciousJay

Established Member
While i agree about staying in the power band. OP will not need 3.73's when he already has 3.55's.

3.31's are a good gear for this car. I still believe for an all out n/a car 3.31's are very suitable.

-Thomas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

3.31's a plain garbage... go get a 3.90 gear and report back

ViciousJay

Established Member
There you go again spewing bullshit. What personal experience do you have with this topic?

that I had them in my 2011 long before you even had your car, how about dem apples! Go to other sites, the best hands down gear for a manual with a Boss IM is 3.90's, you can actually finish in 4th but high enough in the power band. As for what you want with the car do you want instant power at the hit? are you role racing... a lot of factors here change. I hated my 3.31's they are lazy gears for MPG

Last edited:

Laloosh

Established Member
that I had them in my 2011 long before you even had your car, how about dem apples! Go to other sites, the best hands down gear for a manual with a Boss IM is 3.90's, you can actually finish in 4th but high enough in the power band. As for what you want with the car do you want instant power at the hit? are you role racing... a lot of factors here change. I hated my 3.31's they are lazy gears for MPG

Maybe your tune was off. There is nothing lazy about my car with 3.31s. Actually last time at the track I destroyed a 3.73 and a 4.10 car and both were also in shock I had 3.31s. How bout all them autos with really tall gearing? He'll they don't even get out of third. Where is all of their loss cause I believe the fastest Na autos all finish in 3rd. How bout aed picking et and mph switch from 3.73s to 3.55s. I wish he didn't total the car and tried 3.31s just to compare.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Maybe your tune was off. There is nothing lazy about my car with 3.31s. Actually last time at the track I destroyed a 3.73 and a 4.10 car and both were also in shock I had 3.31s. How bout all them autos with really tall gearing? He'll they don't even get out of third. Where is all of their loss cause I believe the fastest Na autos all finish in 3rd. How bout aed picking et and mph switch from 3.73s to 3.55s. I wish he didn't total the car and tried 3.31s just to compare.

nothing was off, shaun tuned it and it was a monster, 3.31 are for top end, even then I NEVER lost to a 3.31 car roll racing or off the line.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Gearing is not the answer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

bull**** its not, I don't mean to be rude but what planet are you guys from to even consider a thought like that?

Loolash, your bringing autos into the equation, guess what AUTO TRANS ARE GEARED DIFFERENT THEN A MANUALS. And yes Shaun's ET's changed with a gear change but so did his radial size and im sure the air and DA were different, as well as track prep. Ive followed Shaun's glory to 10's so im well aware.

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2011_Mustang_GT_Specs.pdf look closely at the transmission gearing, there is a reason why one needs steeper gears then the other

Last edited:

burke985

Established Member
To the OP: Installed this with the Boss Mani and i can say that throttle response is almost instantaneous , forget about gains in HP that alone makes it worth it i just barely tap the pedal and fuel is there its an awesome mod coupled with the Boss mani. It was very good and a definite improvement on the stock manifold as i had it on my stock mani for a couple months. I have 3.31's also and notice no loss in torque and couple that with the throttle response and top end gains this Boss mani and TB have been my two favorite mods next to the AED Tune for my car so far. I did order 3.73s for the hell of it and curiosity not because i thought i needed them, Ill keep my 3.31s just incase i dont like the 73's

Last edited:

G-Mann

Established Member
Just installed my Boss IM, already had the Accufab and LT's and love the Boss addition. Great combo IMO.

balboky01

Established Member
Just installed my Boss IM, already had the Accufab and LT's and love the Boss addition. Great combo IMO.

X2! I installed my FRPP 90MM TB on my boss intake and it def. is more responsive...violently responsive :D It helped with the feeling of any torque loss IMO an after market throttle body is a MUST with the boss intake on a manual car that is street driven

BlackFive.0

Established Member
Will be delivered Saturday. And it looks like I'm picking up Mickey Thompson 305 35 19s on Monday. Will be doing both Monday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laloosh

Established Member
bull**** its not, I don't mean to be rude but what planet are you guys from to even consider a thought like that?

Loolash, your bringing autos into the equation, guess what AUTO TRANS ARE GEARED DIFFERENT THEN A MANUALS. And yes Shaun's ET's changed with a gear change but so did his radial size and im sure the air and DA were different, as well as track prep. Ive followed Shaun's glory to 10's so im well aware.

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2011_Mustang_GT_Specs.pdf look closely at the transmission gearing, there is a reason why one needs steeper gears then the other

Well aware how autos are geared. Think about them finishing in 3rd and get back to me. As for Shaun, pretty sure he ran a 28 on both the 73 and 55 and picked up with the 3.55 over the 3.73...

ViciousJay

Established Member
Well aware how autos are geared. Think about them finishing in 3rd and get back to me. As for Shaun, pretty sure he ran a 28 on both the 73 and 55 and picked up with the 3.55 over the 3.73...

:nonono: while you were still looking at these cars i was driving one. whats your point? cuz your acting like my spoiled fiancée. looking to argue, purely to argue

Laloosh

Established Member
:nonono: while you were still looking at these cars i was driving one. whats your point? cuz your acting like my spoiled fiancée. looking to argue, purely to argue

I'm sorry but your reasoning of owning the car before me proves nothing. Isn't your car stock power wise at the moment? Either way I will pm you a link to the thread I start if the weather holds off. Haven't been wrong yet with my predictions.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I'm sorry but your reasoning of owning the car before me proves nothing. Isn't your car stock power wise at the moment? Either way I will pm you a link to the thread I start if the weather holds off. Haven't been wrong yet with my predictions.

what does this have to do with lazy 3.31 gears with a boss IM? anyone who is smart knows gearing will supply the IM only that much more. You want all the super top end, great go roll race. If your an M6 car unless you can bang gears like shaun 3.73 or a 3.90 is what your gonna need to get you moving hard with the IM. Hell I talked to shaun and at one time seemed very interested in 3.90's hell go to mod fords and talk to WBT the might not be liked by many but he knows what hes talking about

while your trapping low 12's a guy with a nice gear will be roasting your asses at the finish line

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
on more thing, Shaun spent hours and days in dialing in everything, he works on your for about 15 min awaiting your logs. Im sure there is a few little more tweaks to his then yours.

Users who are viewing this thread