Just picked up my first Terminator...Newb Questions?

01FormulaTA

Established Member
So I just picked up my first cobra from a member on here and I am looking for my next mod...It an '04 Silver Vert with 9,700 miles...It has a 6# lower, stock upper, Bassani catted X, Bassani CB, C&L cold air, Accufab SBTB, subframes, ford motorsport C springs, KB CC plates, KB STB, SCT tune....I have searched and searched and I cant find anyone else with a 6# lower and stock upper pulley, is this an unusual combo?

So far my next mods will be upgraded intercooler tank, and a new Heat Exchanger, 26 spline input shaft and new clutch....other suggestions for more performance? Next year I plan on getting a TVS, but in the mean time looking for more bolt ons....:beer:

image-1-1.jpg

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Well, you've already got the subframes and basic bolt ons.

I would buy a Billetflow IRS differential brace.

If you have the handheld I would suggest a Reische 170* thermostat. Then you change the fan settings with the handheld and you'll run cooler in the summer. It's a must here in Texas.

SVT Pille

Established Member
Usually people tend to run a different sized upper first and then get a lower pulley when they port the heaton or go ts. I can see why they ran a lower, no belt slip but just be warned that since they're not caged like the stocker they do break sometimes.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Also, if you still have the stock idlers, you might want to get a 3 or 4 piece idler set. The stock stamped steel idlers are known to break apart and damage surrounding parts like the belt and radiator.

01FormulaTA

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys, I will def look into the IRS brace...Keep em coming....All parts were installed at Kenny Brown in Indianapolis including the lower pulley....Also, I have the SCT tuner, what would I change the fan settings to?

SVT Pille

Established Member
Also, if you still have the stock idlers, you might want to get a 3 or 4 piece idler set. The stock stamped steel idlers are known to break apart and damage surrounding parts like the belt and radiator.

+1 for idlers, Metco or Billetflow.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
Congrats, nice find....as far as your future mods, IMO wait on upgrade for the IC tank, and H/E.....save for a Killer Chiller .....and do the 26 spline/ clutch upgrade at this time......

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
go to half priced books and get the book entitled "The search feature, how and when to use it". best investment you could ever make.

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
Definetly go to a smaller lower... I had a 8lb lower and a 3.1 upper. Made decent 499rwhp with commie 91 octane and pulled like a train and never had belt slip. But then a few months ago the worst happened... Snapped my crank snout.. So moral of the story is i wouldnt go bigger than say a 4lb lower and i would definetly invest the extra $400 in a ATI Damper. Its not worth losing a motor.. Well on that note i have a black (lethal performance/moroso) Intercooler resevior for sale...

SVT Pille

Established Member
do I need Idlers with the stock upper pulley?

Would I see gains going to a 4lb lower and 2.93 upper?

Either way your spinning the blower faster than stock so idlers will be worth it regardless. I'd buy somebody's stock lower and just run an upper only(2.93-2.76) untill you go ts. You won't need a lower with a tvs. As for the 2.93/4lb combo, you can do that but some people say its too much for a non-ported heaton.

01FormulaTA

Established Member
Either way your spinning the blower faster than stock so idlers will be worth it regardless. I'd buy somebody's stock lower and just run an upper only(2.93-2.76) untill you go ts. You won't need a lower with a tvs. As for the 2.93/4lb combo, you can do that but some people say its too much for a non-ported heaton.

Thanks for your input.

How much boost am I running with the stock upper and 6# lower? 14lbs?

The guy i bought it from told me the lower pulley swops make more torque vs upper only...the dyno sheet it came with shows 466/554 which does seem like a lot of torque vs other upper pulley only cars i see on here.

So far I am thinking...switch back to the stock lower, go with a 2.80 upper, and a Posi ported blower, BAP with wire upgrade....will I need to upgrade the MAF? or the Injectors?

Users who are viewing this thread