just ordered 10.5s factory reps.

TRD1

Just another Cobra
Established Member
Just ordered 10.5s for the rear and now cant decide on tires. Any advice on tires? Also can I just run a spacer or do I need to shave the irs bolts as well? Does anyone have pictures of a coupe with HR race springs and all isos in place with these wheels? Sorry bout all the questions just want to make sure everything goes ok when I install them.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Everything depends on how wide of a tire you want to run. Do you want a true 315 tire (something like a Goodyear or BFG) or Nittos?

TRD1

Just another Cobra
Established Member
I only drive the car in dry weather so I guess DRs. Can I just shave the bolts and use 3/8 spacers? true 315s would be as wide as I prob would want to go. I ordered the wheels. I want to find a decent deal on some good tires and then take them have them mounted and I will put the wheels on. So I am interested in knowing what spacer I will need to be safe.

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I only drive the car in dry weather so I guess DRs. Can I just shave the bolts and use 3/8 spacers? true 315s would be as wide as I prob would want to go. I ordered the wheels. I want to find a decent deal on some good tires and then take them have them mounted and I will put the wheels on. So I am interested in knowing what spacer I will need to be safe.

If you are going to run 315 Nitto DR's you won't need any spacers. When running a true 315 some guys get by with just a 1/4" spacer, but all the 1/4" spacers I found were just the slip on type meaning all the load that is usually carried by the hub is now on the lug studs. Not the most ideal situation.

Read this and see if it helps - http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/4458244-post16.html

Last edited:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member

Mickey Thompson DR's seem to be most popular. But the Hoosiers and M&H's seem to get the best times. However I don't think all 3 have the size you may want, you'll have to do some research on that. :beer:

snakezilla

Established Member
Need more info.

DR / Non-DR?? :shrug:

What do you guys want?

the reason I dont want nitto is because 315 nitto run 11.75in wide and I want at least a 12.5 wide tire and my other tires are brand new BFG 275 wich are about 10.5 wide+I dont like miss-matching tires

VincodeY

Established Member
i-cant-see-shit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread