Just opened my account with Scottrade, it's about time!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Many will say avoid penny stocks. However, my son found a good one two weeks ago that was selling for around 1.5 cents at the time. It was for an African (Nigeria I believe) drug for Sickel Cell Anemia, a major problem there. A week later it jumped to 11 cents. Then it dipped a bit. A lot of people bought it at .01 - .025 cents when the news of a pending government approval was circulating. And then sold it when it hit the .10 - .11 mark. Not a bad profit for those who jumped in early. I got nervous and never played. Oh well!

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Many will say avoid penny stocks. However, my son found a good one two weeks ago that was selling for around 1.5 cents at the time. It was for an African (Nigeria I believe) drug for Sickel Cell Anemia, a major problem there. A week later it jumped to 11 cents. Then it dipped a bit. A lot of people bought it at .01 - .025 cents when the news of a pending government approval was circulating. And then sold it when it hit the .10 - .11 mark. Not a bad profit for those who jumped in early. I got nervous and never played. Oh well!

I got a hint from someone who told me about a small Canadian company.

This company makes pure water from the air in humid climates....uses air conditioning principles to condense water vapor to liquid, then purify it with ultra-violet light. They sell industrial-sized units and home/business units.
They have NO competition, and are selling licenses like crazy.

I am hoping they pick up a huge contract or government order, but it doesn't seem likely until another 3rd World humanitarian crisis causes a need for water.

I watched them drop share price from $0.85 to $0.15 ... I bought a buttload at $0.19, $0.23, and $0.25 .... it has gone up $0.30 at times, but I am HOLDING. If you buy penny stocks at this price on low liquidity/low volume, it will move the share price up FAST, allowing day-traders to kill your profit on quick limit orders.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
hijack

Mo Boost said:
This company makes pure water from the air in humid climates....uses air conditioning principles to condense water vapor to liquid, then purify it with ultra-violet light. They sell industrial-sized units and home/business units.

not to rain on your stock parade... there is more to it than "condensor to UV" mostly because UV doesn't 'purify' it 'disinfects' ...and only works well if you filter other potentially hazardous chemcials. Granted it sounds like a great idea. Just be wary that one day a government regulatory agency doesn't shut them down.

jasil

Established Member
Mo Boost said:
I got a hint from someone who told me about a small Canadian company.

I am hoping they pick up a huge contract or government order, but it doesn't seem likely until another 3rd World humanitarian crisis causes a need for water.

I watched them drop share price from $0.85 to $0.15 ... I bought a buttload at $0.19, $0.23, and $0.25 .... it has gone up $0.30 at times, but I am HOLDING. If you buy penny stocks at this price on low liquidity/low volume, it will move the share price up FAST, allowing day-traders to kill your profit on quick limit orders.

Penny stocks and small cap Nasdaq's are your friend!! Great story and I can tell you penny stock stories all day long here are a quick few check out the chart on AMPX. It went from under .50 to over 60$ in 4 months currently at 11$, no R/S just big patent lawsuit wins. Big money in patent litigation, but you have to really understand what the company holds.

The latest penny runners are XKEM up 1000% in the last month, BKMP up 500% in the last month, GLIF up 70% at one point today. My favorite HDVY wihich isn't doing a damn thing, but when the patent infringement suit is won in the next 30-60 days the flood gates will open and $$$ will appear from above. HDVY owns all of the SVM patents search Google for SVM algorithms and see how many companies use SVM. Microsoft, Oracle, Biogen, etc etc etc. Currently they are sueing Ciphergen and Equbits. The CEO is a PH.D and most of the board are Ph.D's and 1 is a Nobel prize winner. This CEO inked a 300 million dollar deal with Johnson & Johnson 7 years ago, so he knows what he is doing.

It's big business right now whoever remembers the lawsuit against Blackberry by NTP for 450 million. I could go on and on.

As far as retirement funds diversity is the best. Rich Dad Poor Dad is a great book. I didn't like Peter Lynch's or Crazy freaking Booyah King's either. As long as you own a home and are paying off debt while investing for the long term you are ahead of the game. Just save a little for pennies :burnout:

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
ElGato said:
not to rain on your stock parade... there is more to it than "condensor to UV" mostly because UV doesn't 'purify' it 'disinfects' ...and only works well if you filter other potentially hazardous chemcials. Granted it sounds like a great idea. Just be wary that one day a government regulatory agency doesn't shut them down.

You weren't "raining on my stock parade" ... just nit-picking because I didn't include the whole story. This is from the company website describing their technology.

I'm not in the habit of giving stock tips, profitable or otherwise. :D

Nature's water cycle

The Water Cycle is Nature's continuous cycle of evaporation and condensation in the form of rain or snow. Earth's atmosphere contains 102,000 cubic miles of water or 0.031% of the 326 million cubic miles of water on Earth.

Tapping into the cycle

Air conditioners and dehumidifiers using refrigerant systems have been extracting water vapor from the air for generations. The water collected is usually regarded as waste water. Other technologies for water extraction include thermo-electric devices (Peltier effect) and desiccants.

Our Atmospheric Water Generator works by converting the humidity in the air to water. The entering air is filtered so that only clean air passes across the cold surface of the machine's coil. Filtration and Ultra-violet treatment ensure bacteria and virus free drinking water.

Pure water is stored in tanks where it is chilled or heated for drinking.From the storage tanks, the water is continuously recycled to maintain its purity and taste.

Pure water with our advanced technology

Our machines are energy efficient and equipped with microcomputers to ensure proper and optimum performance. The WATAIRE Atmospheric Water Generator produces the pure, high quality drinking water. Our technology creates and defines entirely new markets. Our product is an attractive alternative to the logistics and expense of bottled water.

Affordable!

Our machine produces one gallon of water for about one kilowatt-hour of energy. (The national average for electricity in the United States is about 8 cents per kilowatt-hour.) This is a significant savings over the cost of bottled water, with convenience and reliable quality not found with other methods or sources.

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
Penny stocks is pure gambling. There's a reason why they're that cheap. Very few ever turn out that well. Most are just there to rob you blind and finance their projects that never take off. Stay away from these at all cost. This is not investing. It's speculation. You don't want to speculate with your down payment for your house.

jasil

Established Member
I will vehemently disagree with that, but definately only allocate a small portion of your funds to highly speculative positions including penny stocks.

Dan, the runner today was GFCI up 172% only 33% for me though. If you don't spend a couple hours a day watching trends, reading, seeing what newsletter is pumping what you will get burned they are NEVER BUY AND HOLD STOCKS.

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
Glad that one worked out well for you, but how many others have you lost on that made up for that 33% gain? The problem with these pump and dumps is the pumper has already purchased the stock and by the time you get the word to buy it, they're selling. Simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread