NiceCobra

Established Member
Made 626 whp 542
3" pulley
Lfp tb
Jlt rai
O/r prochamber
Stingers

Made 21.8 lbs of boost? Only running 93 octane. Said he has it at 16.5*timing.
Could my tuners boost gauge be off? My gauge is reading 16 and also my wideband was reading 10.4 up to about 5500 10.7 at redline.

What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/8KAh8lutehY

NiceCobra

Established Member
No only have 93. But why would it be hitting 22lbs when it should only be 16-17. I'm thinking his gauge is just off

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I made 18 psi with 3" pulley. What are you using to monitor boost? The hp seems really high for a/f being 10.7 and 16.5* timing.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Something seems off. Hp is high for only 16lbs and 16* timing. On the other hand 21lbs is high for 93. Also I thought the tvs was supposed to be great on tq? 542 seems a little low

NiceCobra

Established Member
I have an auto meter boost gauge. My gauge is reading 16-17 psi. And yea I thought so too but it was 35* outside. Woody also a member on here was on tbe dyno after me and he has the same setup but longtubes and he was at 655 whp when I left and at 18psi on the dyno graph

Blueline

Established Member
Congrats Mike! Video is bad ass!!! I have a feeling something is up. My setup with the 3.0 upper stock lower is supposed to be 16-17psi. Frank said at the top of my run I was fluttering around 18.8 psi. On the street, my Aeroforce boost gauge is consistent at 16 - 17psi when I punch it and I never go near redline. My Aeroforce is reading exactly what my pulley combo should be showing, per VMPs chart. So somethings up, maybe Franks gauge is off? He also told Sean he was at 17 psi with the 3.0. But Sean has longtubes, so I would expect him to be 15~psi with the 3.0 and longtubes. So, really dunno. Im very tempted to slap on my 2.8 pulley and slap her back on the dyno to see what she makes in cooler air. I was tuned in the summer with 90 degrees out and like 90% humidity and made 578 on his mustang dyno. Very interesting to say the least.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea idk what's good. What's your wideband reading? Mine was reading 10.2-10.7 up top. I thought that was a little to rich

And Sean took the video . He tuned it before i got down thereb

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Can you temporarily slave in a boost gauge and verify your boost? It sounds like yours is reading right but your tuners gauge may be off. Did he say it held 21 psi or did it just spoke there for a second? The cooler air may add a pound but I would think no more than 2 psi max. 21 psi for that pulley set up sounds awfully high. As I mentioned slave in another boost gauge just to check. If your gauge is off and you really are running 21 psi your car will be back at the shop getting a new engine. Keep us posted

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea it makes no sense that the pulley setup should be making that much boost. But yea I'll have to find someone local with one to swap in
You guys think it's running a little to rich too?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Yea idk what's good. What's your wideband reading? Mine was reading 10.2-10.7 up top. I thought that was a little to rich

And Sean took the video . He tuned it before i got down thereb

Where do you have your wideband sensor? Where did your tuner have his while tuning. If yours is up forward in the headers and his was in the rear tail pipes they will not read the same. The further back it is the leaner it will read. Also your gauge could be off, the off the shelf widebands are not nearly as accurate as the ones shops use.

Blueline

Established Member
Yea it makes no sense that the pulley setup should be making that much boost. But yea I'll have to find someone local with one to swap in
You guys think it's running a little to rich too?

Hey mike I use the Bosch sensor with my aeroforce wideband kit. If I remember, it's been awhile, if I do a pull in around high 10s. I was gonna go back once I get my new clutch and input shaft in, maybe long tubes now lol and have him lean it up a bit.

NiceCobra

Established Member
No I'm catless, idk where he mounted his sensor since he tuned it before I got their.
Could there be any other reasons why it made that much boost?
I do have a billet flow 100 mm aux and after a the blower install we realized the idler was rubbing the blower pulley. So we swapped one of the stock idlers with the billetflow to give it enough clearance .
Doubt that has anything to do with it tho

mjg11

MJG 11
Established Member
When I was at Franks like Tony it was in the 90s with high humidity . With a 3.0 upper stock lower I made 574 whp @ 15.9 psi I had a little belt slip at the top. I had no snub idler at the time . I also have long tube headers . I will be heading back to Franks soon I just added a snub idler the VMP GT500 T/B and 2.8 pulley :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread