Just got a PSD. :)

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
2006 CC/SB FX4 Lariat. I only got 2 pics as I just picked it up yesterday. I will get more, although I am a bit embarrassed about the tires. 33's with what LOOKS to be a 6 inch lift. Full 5 inch exhaust, HIDs, head light and tail light tint, navi, heated seats, etc. I think the color is called Dark Stone? Looks like DSG but its got some brown in it?

100APPLEIMG_0329.jpg

100APPLEIMG_0328.jpg

:rockon:

I know it's a 6liter. But the head studs are already done, so all I gotta do is EGR delete and cooler bypass and external oil filter. Maybe coolant filter too. Thinkin about getting a pyrometer for my EGT's as well.

Last edited:

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Looks very nice! I thought about lifting my Super Duty, but after I rolled it 5 months after getting it I figured it was tall enough, LOL!

Last edited:

MATT SS

GOOD LUCK I had an 04 WITH A TON of problems. Good thing u got the head studs done, but its just a VERY weak designed motor overall. GOOD LUCK with it, but if u start to get problems with it, unload it fast and get a CUMMINS!!

Nice looking truck BTW.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
03 and 04 were problem years. By late 05 most of the issues were fixed. All I really need is head studs and egr mods and change oil regularly and it should be good to go.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
not bad....I lose the headlight covers and possibly the billet grille in the bumper.

Satan's Snake

Established Member
looks good...you're right about the tires tho. I looked at an 04 a couple of weeks ago had a lot of work done to it cuz the damn thing was fast. I'm curious as to what problems the 03 and 04 6.0's had tho. I know head studs and gaskets are something that should be done but I haven't done a lot of searching on the subject

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Yeah its a 6.0L..once you fix the common problems they can be decent motors though. Also with the relese of the new 6.7 they are getting cheaper as guys want to get rid of them for the new truck. I would throw at LEAST 35's on there and be set.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
I've always wanted that model year, but the motor is pushing me to a Cummins.

Looks good though

cameron

Established Member
03 and 04 were problem years. By late 05 most of the issues were fixed. All I really need is head studs and egr mods and change oil regularly and it should be good to go.

i agree. if the truck still has warranty, don't mess with the EGR. first things first, flush the coolant system and install a coolant filter. biggest reason behind the EGR coolers popping is restricted coolant flow to them due to the oil cooler being clogged with casting sand. run synthetic oil. change your filters as recommended. keep your batteries and charging system in good health. if you run tunes, gauges are good insurance. run custom tunes only. contact Innovative diesel and purchase the SCT X3 with extreme files. trust me you will be amazed. Eric (there tuner) is the man when it comes to tuning the transmission with the amount of power he produces in the extreme files.

many of the early designs (03 and 04) where quality control issues. plus, ford pushed international to release this motor before all the bugs were worked out.

my EGR cooler cracked about 2 years ago. i didn't have the money to replace back to stock so i built my own delete. the truck was out of warranty and ford wanted 600 for a new cooler. i completely deleted the EGR system and had about $150 in everything, including the coolant. i purchased my SCT shortly after and had the EGR valve shut off in my custom tunes.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

You're on the right track. Remember to always use Motorcraft filter and change the fuel filters often.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I feel for you i got one of those from sleeping with the wrong type of girl......

Nothing a z-pac cant help with though.

Users who are viewing this thread